Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jacinda Ardern. Admitted to Auckland hospita

Kismit

In the most intriguing and positive political social experiment in my lifetime.  New Zealand is about to be Governed by a new Mum. 

Today the Primimister of New Zealand has been admitted to Auckland hospital to have her very first baby.

Link

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

LOL hopefully it sleeps through the night soon or she may become quite stern for a while :D 

Good for NZ!

• Like 2

Good for the family.

God forbid that a woman gives birth to a child and a whole country collapses.

Welcome to the new normal, hopefully.

• Like 2

Wait a sec'. Wasn't Benazir Bhutto the first pregnant head of state?

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Yes... but Kismit is from NZ, so if you re-read the first sentence of her post...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Yes she was. And coincidentally today is her Birthday. 

And now the announcement: Wee girl born just now. A little over 7pounds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I suspect it may be interesting, hopefully it goes well. 

I saw Jenny Morris in concert after her first child. I wanted my money back. She spent most of the time on stage rabbiting on about her new life and home land when all we wanted was some good music. I reckon she sounded half cut as well. Most of the crowd left before she finished her first set. New life is amazing, I have had kids, I know what a joy they bring, but there's a time and a place new parents...... 

Hope she keeps her head in the game. New life is a big distraction. 

• Like 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

I suspect it may be interesting, hopefully it goes well. 

I saw Jenny Morris in concert after her first child. I wanted my money back. She spent most of the time on stage rabbiting on about her new life and home land when all we wanted was some good music. I reckon she sounded half cut as well. Most of the crowd left before she finished her first set. New life is amazing, I have had kids, I know what a joy they bring, but there's a time and a place new parents...... 

Hope she keeps her head in the game. New life is a big distraction. 

That's sad. Jenny Morris should have been good. 

I  hope it goes well.  Her partner is planning on being a stay at home dad.

First baby photo 

And on a side note I have tickets to go see James Reyne and Mark Seymour in January. Super hyped. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kismit said:

That's sad. Jenny Morris should have been good. 

I know right! 

I was quite looking forward to it  but it was a terrible let down. 

Just now, Kismit said:

I  hope it goes well.  Her partner is planning on being a stay at home dad.

That's got to be a great help. 

Just now, Kismit said:

First baby photo 

All I got is 

Awwwww :wub:

That's a great pic. My best wishes to them :)

Just now, Kismit said:

And on a side note I have tickets to go see James Reyne and Mark Seymour in January. Super hyped. 

Lucky lucky!! 

Sounds awesome. Been a few oldies showing up lately, I saw the Baby Animals with the Screaming Jets recently. My kids had never heard of them...... 

36 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I know right! 

I was quite looking forward to it  but it was a terrible let down. 

That's got to be a great help. 

All I got is 

Awwwww :wub:

That's a great pic. My best wishes to them :)

Lucky lucky!! 

Sounds awesome. Been a few oldies showing up lately, I saw the Baby Animals with the Screaming Jets recently. My kids had never heard of them...... 

Love the Baby Animals.  Pretty sure my husband is the only kiwi ever to have heard them though.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Love the Baby Animals.  Pretty sure my husband is the only kiwi ever to have heard them though.

I remember I saw them when I was in my 20s at the playroom on the Gold Coast and Suzi asked the crowd for a smoke and I just happened to have one and she singled me out if the crowd had accepted mine, I was pretty stoked. 

A photographer took a photo and I saw it framed in a cash converters about 5 years later. A very jealous girlfriend stopped my from buying it. 

Shame that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I remember I saw them when I was in my 20s at the playroom on the Gold Coast and Suzi asked the crowd for a smoke and I just happened to have one and she singled me out if the crowd had accepted mine, I was pretty stoked. 

A photographer took a photo and I saw it framed in a cash converters about 5 years later. A very jealous girlfriend stopped my from buying it. 

Shame that 

Seriously lost an opportunity there.

Congratulations on the new arrival! Everyone looks like they are doing well in the picture. I'm sure your PM will be just fine.

• Like 1

breast feeding during parliamentary question time is going to be interesting...

Edited by Captain Risky

17 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

breast feeding during parliamentary question time is going to be interesting...

The baby won't be there. As stated earlier once she has seen out her maternity leave her partner will take on the main parenting role. 

But it wouldn't matter too much we already have a sitting minister who has brought her baby to work and breastfed on the job on a number of occasions. 

This truly is a free country. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

The baby won't be there. As stated earlier once she has seen out her maternity leave her partner will take on the main parenting role. 

But it wouldn't matter too much we already have a sitting minister who has brought her baby to work and breastfed on the job on a number of occasions. 

This truly is a free country. 

understanding and accepting without conditions is certainly the sign of a progressive and free country. i must say Jacinta Arden carries her motherhood confidently in such a political environment. sadly i find it hard to imagine an Australian PM doing the same. i think we have more special interest groups and political minorities that would make such a fuss over it that it wouldn't be worth it. which brings me to the ex-Pakistani PM Benazir Butto. like wow... that women certainly had guts to do what she did in such a politically and socially restricted country. kudos to her. 

On 23/06/2018 at 8:42 AM, Captain Risky said:

understanding and accepting without conditions is certainly the sign of a progressive and free country. i must say Jacinta Arden carries her motherhood confidently in such a political environment. sadly i find it hard to imagine an Australian PM doing the same. i think we have more special interest groups and political minorities that would make such a fuss over it that it wouldn't be worth it. which brings me to the ex-Pakistani PM Benazir Butto. like wow... that women certainly had guts to do what she did in such a politically and socially restricted country. kudos to her. 

Ohh can you imagine it here?

Paul Murray calling her “the top Sheila”, Alan Jones squeeling that anyone breastfeeding is disrespecting the role of PM, various shills going off on how it shows how forward/modern their party is compared to the other lot, Barnaby Joyce making a sexist comment, Matthias Corman’s programming activating and his attempting to terminate the baby in order to complete his mission from Skynet...

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

God bless, what a beautiful couple and new born baby.