Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Caspian Hare

Woman hospitalized by flying hot dog

5 posts in this topic

The Caspian Hare

https://www.9news.com/article/news/nation-world/phillie-phanatics-wayward-wiener-hits-woman-in-face-causes-injuries/507-566226410

A woman sitting behind home plate at a Philadelphia Phillies game Monday night is recovering from facial injuries she suffered when she was hit by a flying hot dog.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

susieice
Posted (edited)

Saw this on the news last night. Channel 6 has a longer story. The Phillies have done this for years. McVey is taking this well and will get free tickets when she's ready to return to Citizen's Park.

http://6abc.com/sports/phillies-fan-injured-by-phanatics-flying-hot-dog/3627942/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OverSword

That poor woman.  Could've been worse

susieice

I've seen someone taken out because they were hit by fly balls. My brothers always warned me because that ball can come into the stands going about 100 mph. I always duck. I'm not trying to catch that. Once we had seats right behind first base and I watched for line drives all night. I'm wondering if the hot dog tradition will continue now. No one was ever hit before. They say the Phanatic feels awful about what happened to this woman.

jaylemurph

Dear sweet god, the headline:

Phillie Phanatic's wayward wiener hits woman in face, causes injuries

--Jaylemurph