Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First Lady Melania Trump

ellapenella

13 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Women always have to plan for either the least or most discussed outfit. 

I don't do discussions on , "They". It is unproductive. And unfortunately fuels more derision than it should. 

Someone leaked pictures during the campaign, they were racy, they were taken of her during her modeling days. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/08/01/new-york-post-published-fully-nude-photo-of-potential-first-lady-on-cover-sparking-outrage/?utm_term=.9e2bd349ec33

ETA

"They" did so to influence people in thinking she wasn't good enough to be our First Lady.

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Someone leaked pictures during the campaign, they were racy, they were taken of her during her modeling days. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/08/01/new-york-post-published-fully-nude-photo-of-potential-first-lady-on-cover-sparking-outrage/?utm_term=.9e2bd349ec33

ETA

"They" did so to influence people in thinking she wasn't good enough to be our First Lady.

Leaked?  They were in a magazine.

4 hours ago, TomasaurusREKT said:

You're too lazy to even type in a simple Google search bar before doubting it, shocker. But then again, the only "news" folks like you believe has to be a meme with that hate group logo Occupy Democrats stamped on it.

Once again, I'm not disputing she visited, I'm disputing Ella's other claims in the OP. You should really take the time to read posts before accusing others of being lazy. 

I assume, of course, you therefore have a source (literally any) that supports those claims? 

4 hours ago, seanjo said:

They shouldn't be seeking asylum, they should be fighting for their rights in their country.

My ancestors did, my Grandfather was on the Jarrow march.

That's admirable but it's not an option for everyone. 

If everyone had to do that rather than flee abroad, the US would not even exist. 

4 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Did you know that when these  youth become teens  & leave  often times  they're found again at the border in some sort of trouble,  they usually ask if they can go back to the shelter  places they lived at for a short while, they say they liked it there. There's so many stories told by workers who work these cases. You don't have to believe me but stop calling me a liar.

There's  footage of American children upset who get taken from their family everyday when their parents break the law, why should  an illegal alien be treated any more special?  I remember people here would say I made my decisions off of emotions and not logic. go figure.  

As always, sources. 

Until you learn to provide more than your own opinion, I will continue to doubt it. 

And when you go on the defensive when challenged and still can't support that opinion, I will call you out on it. 

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

ETA

I have seen the pictures Ellapennella. I have seen the stories. 

They really are of no interest to me.

If I am going to discuss something it has to warrant discussion.  

And discussing either a petty put down of another individual or discussing someone who puts down people who put down people with pettiness amounts to nothing but pointless gossip. 

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Leaked?  They were in a magazine.

You're saying that she posed with this statement they used the photo for?

it features a photo of Melania Trump, completely nude, with stars over her nipples. Her hands rest between her bare legs. Its screaming, all-caps headline reads, “The Ogle Office.”

A line at the bottom of the page reads, “You’ve never seen a potential First Lady like this!”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I have seen the pictures Ellapennella. I have seen the stories. 

They really are of no interest to me.

If I am going to discuss something it has to warrant discussion.  

And discussing either a petty put down of another individual or discussing someone who puts down people who put down people with pettiness amounts to nothing but pointless gossip. 

I haven't seen them . I've only seen one. They're no interest to me either.  All the lies and gossip  didn't discourage millions of voters . we won. 

The point of even mentioning it is because they've been mistreated from the campaign up till now, when does it stop? Trump supports don't have amnesia  and we don't forget how cruel we've been mistreated.

typo

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Setton said:

Once again, I'm not disputing she visited, I'm disputing Ella's other claims in the OP. You should really take the time to read posts before accusing others of being lazy. 

I assume, of course, you therefore have a source (literally any) that supports those claims? 

That's admirable but it's not an option for everyone. 

If everyone had to do that rather than flee abroad, the US would not even exist. 

As always, sources. 

Until you learn to provide more than your own opinion, I will continue to doubt it. 

And when you go on the defensive when challenged and still can't support that opinion, I will call you out on it. 

I don't care. doubt on doubter.

Remember when you doubted that Trump could win?

You need to reread something I haven't called you lazy. I may have agreed with someone on that call though.

This thread has generated a rediculous amout of Moderating. 

If you can't keep it civil I am shutting it down. 

44 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Well, with the revelation of Trump's recent tweet, we know her wardrobe was a planned thing.

Good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kismit said:

While the message on the back of the jacket is not the most appropriate. 

It breaks my heart that woman in power or of fame are always brought down to a discussion on what they wore.

Overall I would completely agree.

However, in this instance it has nothing and everything to do with being a woman in power.

It is not unreasonable, nor is it petty to question her choice of jacket under the circumstances. If it was, as her media team said it was, just a jacket, then fine, no further discussion is necessary. But if her intention was to give MSM media the middle finger, then yes, it should be discussed. Furthermore imagine the reaction if Trump was the one heading down to one of the facilities wearing the same message. It would be just as critical, perhaps even more so.

Ultimately, this is not about clothes; it's about the message the First Lady put out there. It just happened to be on the back of a jacket.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

I don't know. If that was the jacket she was wearing it probably was a big FU to the media. She didn't wear it when she was visiting the children if it did say that.

I can't think of a more acceptable response to those lying bunch of bullies.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, seanjo said:

Their families shouldn't smuggle them illegally across an international border then. Blame the parents

Very true.  It is the parents that brought them here.  They are to blame for that.

From that point onward, how we handle those children is a reflection on us.  Some people are saying that some of those people could be gang members who took kids and used them for a cover.  that would kind of make them hostages to human traffickers.  What do you do when you free a hostage from a human trafficker?  Probably the bulk of those kids really are the children of the people they were with.

How we treat a child after he or she appears on our border is our doing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

There is much care and understanding that is involved in this.

There is much understanding involved in this.  President Trump's strong suit is judging people, making deals, getting what he wants, and making people afraid of crossing him.  Care and compassion do not fit his personality.

He used the kids as a bargaining chip against the Democrats in Congress.  He kept his hands clean.  Jeff Sessions and .Kirstjen Neilson  will take the fall for this if the blame gets too bad.

Be happy if you support President Trump that he is a brilliant manipulator and deal maker.  You will get many of the things you want.  He needs his base to keep him in power.  That is the leverage you have over him.  He will provide for your desires, but he is not your kindly uncle.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Very true.  It is the parents that brought them here.  They are to blame for that.

From that point onward, how we handle those children is a reflection on us.  Some people are saying that some of those people could be gang members who took kids and used them for a cover.  that would kind of make them hostages to human traffickers.  What do you do when you free a hostage from a human trafficker?  Probably the bulk of those kids really are the children of the people they were with.

How we treat a child after he or she appears on our border is our doing.

I've been advocating against illegal immigration for years. All it has gotten me is people calling me a racist. People don't realize these coyotes bring people in as slave labor. Even adult illegal immigrants aren't immune to it. It's even more horrific what happens to the kids.

All people can say is that they came here for a better life. Some of them manage to break away, but it sure as hell isn't better for the majority. We most certainly need to monitor who illegally comes over the border, how they are going to support themselves and where they are going to live. Otherwise, they end up in sweat shops for the rest of their lives living with twenty other people in a two bedroom apartment.

• Like 4

The immigrant families who are entering the US illegally are being treated better than most citizens would be under similar circumstances.  Here in Ohio I would be cited and fined if I drove around the block with a kid who wasn't properly secured in a car seat.  If I drove in a reckless manner I would be charged with child endangering and we would be separated, with me going to jail and the child to children's services.  I can't imagine what would happen if I dragged the child through 2 or 3 countries on foot, with no money and no plan for providing food and lodging, but I'm pretty sure it would be harsher than being "processed" and then reunited without any charges.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Michelle said:

I've been advocating against illegal immigration for years. All it has gotten me is people calling me a racist. People don't realize these coyotes bring people in as slave labor. Even adult illegal immigrants aren't immune to it. It's even more horrific what happens to the kids.

All people can say is that they came here for a better life. Some of them manage to break away, but it sure as hell isn't better for the majority. We most certainly need to monitor who illegally comes over the border, how they are going to support themselves and where they are going to live. Otherwise, they end up in sweat shops for the rest of their lives living with twenty other people in a two bedroom apartment.

Yep and another staggering statistic is the amount of money these immigrants send back to their former countries a year...Very large portions of their former countries GDP comes from their moving to America and sending money back.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, and then said:

Have a drink and chill, auntie.  Those kids are probably living in better, safer conditions than YOU.  You're never, through force of your own hatred, EVER going to stop him or his supporters.  Deal with it.  *snip*Your choice.

I am with you up to a point, but not this far.  When we took Indian children from their parents, we said it was for the best.  I disagree.  Andthen, I know you are a good parent so this will never happen, but what if a liberal state decided that your conservative views made you an unfit parent and took your kids away.  Then they said the kids are way better off, safer, and happier.  Would that not infuriate you?

Border protection needs are real, no argument there.  So far the President and most of his supporters have said this is an unpleasant necessity.   How about stopping there without saying  that the kids are better off?

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I am with you up to a point, but not this far.  When we took Indian children from their parents, we said it was for the best.  I disagree.  Andthen, I know you are a good parent so this will never happen, but what if a liberal state decided that your conservative views made you an unfit parent and took your kids away.  Then they said the kids are way better off, safer, and happier.  Would that not infuriate you?

Border protection needs are real, no argument there.  So far the President and most of his supporters have said this is an unpleasant necessity.   How about stopping there without saying  that the kids are better off?

I wonder how long that will remain as just futuristic fiction?  There seem to be many who believe this but so far do not have the power to make it happen.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

I wonder how long that will remain as just futuristic fiction?  There seem to be many who believe this but so far do not have the power to make it happen.

I find that hard to believe. Examples?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I know it is tough Michelle.  Lots of people don't understand.  I work with and like Hispanics.  I have been on tree planting crews where I was the only English speaker or high school graduate. Still we worked together and occasionally shared cookies from lunch. Nevertheless, iIt would be better if we could stop all illegal crossings, and even better if we prosecuted employers that hire illegals.  Employers take advantage of cheap labor that cannot complain.  If there were no illegal jobs, the reason to come would diminish.   If we manage immigration, we could permit a number of people to enter to fill some of those jobs - but not under the table.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Well Big Jim, it is maybe not too farfetched.  I used liberal as an example because andthen is slightly on the conservative side, but the future might go either way.  Any time a government or a population cannot tolerate different views and come together on bigger issues, that future gets closer.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I find that hard to believe. Examples?

Then don't believe it.  I don't care either way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

even better if we prosecuted employers that hire illegals.  Employers take advantage of cheap labor that cannot complain.  If there were no illegal jobs, the reason to come would diminish.   If we manage immigration, we could permit a number of people to enter to fill some of those jobs - but not under the table.

I'm a huge proponent of this.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Before I look at the link, does it have anything to do with current news? Something that didn't happen twenty years ago when he was a Democrat? :lol:

Couldn't resist.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked