Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First Lady Melania Trump

ellapenella

12 hours ago, Setton said:

Nothing quite like seeing the example set by a fine upstanding citizen in a democratic nation who is totally responsible enough to own a gun. 

Ohh get off, Setton.

And Then has said, as someone living in the country and having many decades of life there, that something nasty is afoot and a fight is coming. He’s said he’ll fight and make sure the other fella dies for their beliefs (to paraphrase Patton). 

Shall we judge the UK by Brexit? Australia by Peter Dutton? Or do we listen to the people living there? Why is thr US different?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Ohh get off, Setton.

And Then has said, as someone living in the country and having many decades of life there, that something nasty is afoot and a fight is coming. He’s said he’ll fight and make sure the other fella dies for their beliefs (to paraphrase Patton). 

Shall we judge the UK by Brexit? Australia by Peter Dutton? Or do we listen to the people living there? Why is thr US different?

'scuse me for butting in, but why is and then a representative of the US to you? 

Aren't there sane Americans you could consider too? There's more than half of them, according to their latest presidential elections, in which Trump lost the popular vote.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

What the actually ever-living ****?

the motive behind the perception management and labeling Trump and Trump supporters 'Nazi' is to make unleashing violence on them
seem like practically a duty (to those who are fully indoctrinated and enjoy a bit of violence) ... :wacko:

oh the irony.... 

edit to add 

Donny Deutch on MSNBC said

On Friday's edition of 'Morning Joe,' MSNBC contributor and ad executive Donny Deutsch suggested a new political "jiu-jitsu" tactic for the Democrats in 2018 and 2020. 

"This can no longer be about who Trump is, it has to be about who we are," Deutsch said about the next elections. "We can no longer say Trump's the bad guy. If you vote for Trump, you're the bad guy."

"If you vote for Trump, you're the bad guy," he repeated. "If you vote for Trump, you are ripping children from parents' arms."

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

Just now, bee said:

the motive behind the perception management and labeling Trump and Trump supporters 'Nazi' is to make unleashing violence on them
seem like practically a duty (to those who are fully indoctrinated and enjoy a bit of violence) ... :wacko:

oh the irony.... 

Or could it be because Trump and his supporters are trying to leave Nazi impression - from 'very fine people' who are murdering pedestrians with their cars to daydreaming about lynching in this thread. Not to mention the hilarious international blunders and Trump being childishly fascinated with various dictators and repressive regimes.   

Not to mention the actual swastikas at very fine people's rallies. 

One more time, folks, will you decide already if you want that swastika or not? You can't fly it and deny it, it's not how Nazism is done. 

5 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Or could it be because Trump and his supporters are trying to leave Nazi impression - from 'very fine people' who are murdering pedestrians with their cars to daydreaming about lynching in this thread. Not to mention the hilarious international blunders and Trump being childishly fascinated with various dictators and repressive regimes.   

One more time, folks, will you decide already if you want that swastika or not? You can't fly it and deny it, it's not how Nazism is done. 

did you intend to prove my point..... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

'scuse me for butting in, but why is and then a representative of the US to you? 

Aren't there sane Americans you could consider too? There's more than half of them, according to their latest presidential elections, in which Trump lost the popular vote.

Dear Lady, ignoring the insult, I consider And Then a representative of the US .... because he is. So is Martin Luther King jnr. So is Clinton. So is Sanders. 

They’re all facets of a nation. You cannot ignore one facet of the whole because you don’t like what that facet reflects. So if And Then thinks a fight is coming, he has reason to think that. And listening to that reason is what will bring peace, not going “la-la-la” and calling people insane. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

If more people thought this way,hell UM's "other parts of the world" sections wouldn't be rarely commented on wastelands...

I find it rather hard to believe that other countries don't have governments at least half of their populations dislike,or that other countries don't have major problems of there own...

Just here on UM...

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

And the people doing that are still, as irksome and painful as it is, Americans. They’re nasty, but they’re still facets of their society.

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

If more people thought this way,hell UM's "other parts of the world" sections wouldn't be rarely commented on wastelands...

I find it rather hard to believe that other countries don't have governments at least half of their populations dislike,or that other countries don't have major problems of there own...

Just here on UM...

Good God, half the population? I’ve yet to meet someone who would vote in favour of the tax cuts thr Aussie government passed except for the government itself.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Good God, half the population? I’ve yet to meet someone who would vote in favour of the tax cuts thr Aussie government passed except for the government itself.

Yet if one was ever to exist praising it,while talking trash about America...you will find them on UM ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2018 at 7:15 PM, seanjo said:

Their families shouldn't smuggle them illegally across an international border then. Blame the parents and the parent country not the country being assaulted by these illegals.

So as per your logic the root cause legitimate unethical and traumatizing actions on toddlers because the parents took a decision for whatever reasons? Means, the unethical and traumatizing actions on toddlers are a kind of punishment to the parents as well with the aim to have a deterrent nature for similar actions by others in the future? In a nutshell, you are endorsing a version of Sippenhaft as a legitimate action of a democratic nation?

Well, that's a very rotten logic.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Dear Lady, ignoring the insult, I consider And Then a representative of the US .... because he is. So is Martin Luther King jnr. So is Clinton. So is Sanders. 

You also ignored that I just told you the same, only bearing in mind that sane people are still more numerous in the US. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

They’re all facets of a nation. You cannot ignore one facet of the whole because you don’t like what that facet reflects. So if And Then thinks a fight is coming, he has reason to think that. And listening to that reason is what will bring peace, not going “la-la-la” and calling people insane. 

His ideology constantly focuses on some kind of final clash, be it an actual end of world or just race war. 

But just because they need enemies and war, doesn't mean they'll manage to get one.  

23 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

What a remarkable post. Derangement Syndrome indeed. Lets open the window and let in some sunlight. 

• Firstly, Trump did not call murderers "very fine people". That is a FACT. 
  • Secondly, he did not call people with swastikas "very fine people". That is a FACT. 
  • Fourthly, the only person in this thread to daydream about lynching was yourself. That is a FACT. 
  • Fifthly, the President appears to be having some success at dealing with those "various dictators", and there is even speculation about a Nobel prize. That is a F.... oh, wait, actually that is only my opinion. But it would be interesting to see how many people on these fora agree (or disagree) with it. 
  • Sixthly, there will be no "Thirdly" point, as "Thirdly" sounds a bit like "Third Reich" under the demented logic of some posters here, and I would be IMMEDIATELY accused of supporting Adolph Hitler and having swastika's embroidered on my undergarments and teaching my goldfish to do the Nazi salute !!
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

....His ideology constantly focuses on some kind of final clash, be it an actual end of world or just race war. 

But just because they need enemies and war, doesn't mean they'll manage to get one.  

Truly ? That's awful. Could you show me the posts where @and then discusses a "race war" ? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

His ideology constantly focuses on some kind of final clash, be it an actual end of world or just race war. But just because they need enemies and war, doesn't mean they'll manage to get one.  

And have you asked yourself why he focuses on a final clash? Have you asked yourself why YOU call him insane, and others sane? What metric do you use? “Sane is what I agree with” is a poor way to judge character. 

He and I have butted heads, we will never agree on a lot of things. I do not regret saying to him the things I’ve said. But I at least try to see things from his perspective. THAT is why I listen to him, he thinks differently to me. If I only listened to people who agreed with me, I’d learn nothing. I’d understand nothing, least of all about myself. 

He’s afraid. He’s angry.

why? Because of what he sees happening in and to his country. 

Is he right to be afraid and angry? Time will tell. 

But solely because he thinks differently to you or I does not make him insane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Ohh get off, Setton.

I do listen to the people living there. More than just the fringe idiots. Which is why I know and then is exaggerating and either trying to talk tough or genuinely thinks his political disagreements with his own country are best solved with violence. 

The only reason there would be a fight coming is if people like and then are able to win over enough other idiots who can't accept when things don't go their way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Setton said:

I do listen to the people living there. More than just the fringe idiots. Which is why I know and then is exaggerating and either trying to talk tough or genuinely thinks his political disagreements with his own country are best solved with violence. 

The only reason there would be a fight coming is if people like and then are able to win over enough other idiots who can't accept when things don't go their way. 

I’m glad you’re hearing that, because all Im hearing are people cheering for Trump as he looks more and more like someone who would wear all black and really like the idea of having his own salute or people weeping because Trump is looking more and more like someone who would wear all black and really like the idea of having his own salute. 

And in that climate, AT’s fear of a civil war doesn’t seem that foundstionless.

9 hours ago, seanjo said:

Durham,  beautiful city, wonderous Cathedral where Bede is interned, romantic river walk...spoiled by pretentious no nothing left-wing students that will change perspective when real life hits them in the head...

Not actually in Durham anymore. Good luck applying that same generalisation to Bradford. 

9 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

He claims to be a teacher. I'll leave it at that. :lol:

Also not a teacher anymore. Haven't been for some time. 

Do try to keep up both of you. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I’m glad you’re hearing that, because all Im hearing are people cheering for Trump as he looks more and more like someone who would wear all black and really like the idea of having his own salute or people weeping because Trump is looking more and more like someone who would wear all black and really like the idea of having his own salute. 

And in that climate, AT’s fear of a civil war doesn’t seem that foundstionless.

That's because the loudest are always the most extreme. Especially if most contact you have with Americans is through online forums. 

I'm lucky enough to know quite a few socially and, just as with brexit, the simple truth is most people just don't care that much. The extreme of both sides will talk about some kind of fight coming. As long as they're called out on that idiocy, they'll never get enough people on side to actually do anything, just sit at home and rant at their screens. 

If we moderates decide to just sit back and let the extremists be our representatives, that's when they might actually get their way. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

just as with brexit, the simple truth is most people just don't care that much

True but worrying. 

6 minutes ago, Setton said:

If we moderates decide to just sit back and let the extremists be our representatives, that's when they might actually get their way. 

Ah - should have read to end before quoting. this is true - letting the extremists on either side have a free hand is dangerous.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And have you asked yourself why he focuses on a final clash? Have you asked yourself why YOU call him insane, and others sane? What metric do you use? “Sane is what I agree with” is a poor way to judge character. 

He and I have butted heads, we will never agree on a lot of things. I do not regret saying to him the things I’ve said. But I at least try to see things from his perspective. THAT is why I listen to him, he thinks differently to me. If I only listened to people who agreed with me, I’d learn nothing. I’d understand nothing, least of all about myself. 

He’s afraid. He’s angry.

why? Because of what he sees happening in and to his country. 

Is he right to be afraid and angry? Time will tell. 

But solely because he thinks differently to you or I does not make him insane. 

Paranoia isn't sane. Contesting that fact isn't sane either. 

Basing political opinion on paranoia is not sane. 

Acting like you can't see thinly veiled threats for what they are can be done by the sane people too, under certain circumstances, one of them being on the same insane side of the political spectrum, which again leads to 'not sane' conclusion. 

There. 

I will listen to objective arguments, even to cowardly complaints too, but I won't pretend I can't notice the insanity and I especially won't do as the insane do out of fear they could get angrier, more irrational and more violent. They will get more irrational and more violent if you obey them, in fact, it happens faster than if you stand up to them.     

17 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

...and duly reveals his true sycophants, who are more than willing to peddle his 'twitter of the day'.

King's pawn one.

Here's the difference. Conservative pundits don't pretend to be hard news. Democratic propaganda news outlets pretend that their biased commentary and lying partisanship are hard news. Stick to checkers, brother.

12 hours ago, Setton said:

Not actually in Durham anymore. Good luck applying that same generalisation to Bradford. 

Also not a teacher anymore. Haven't been for some time. 

Do try to keep up both of you. 

Thanks for the update. That's good to hear.

13 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

What a remarkable post. Derangement Syndrome indeed. Lets open the window and let in some sunlight. 

• Firstly, Trump did not call murderers "very fine people". That is a FACT. 
  • Secondly, he did not call people with swastikas "very fine people". That is a FACT. 
  • Fourthly, the only person in this thread to daydream about lynching was yourself. That is a FACT. 
  • Fifthly, the President appears to be having some success at dealing with those "various dictators", and there is even speculation about a Nobel prize. That is a F.... oh, wait, actually that is only my opinion. But it would be interesting to see how many people on these fora agree (or disagree) with it. 
  • Sixthly, there will be no "Thirdly" point, as "Thirdly" sounds a bit like "Third Reich" under the demented logic of some posters here, and I would be IMMEDIATELY accused of supporting Adolph Hitler and having swastika's embroidered on my undergarments and teaching my goldfish to do the Nazi salute !!

I wish that time machines were real. I would transport hyperbolic and hysterical celebrities and politicians, who refer to Donald Trump and good Americans as Nazis, to Auschwitz for a week. They could learn what Nazis really are/were. They need this symbolic smack to their heads, but I would happily volunteer to give them a literal smack to their heads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• The topic was locked