Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ellapenella

First Lady Melania Trump

328 posts in this topic

Sir Wearer of Hats
19 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

His ideology constantly focuses on some kind of final clash, be it an actual end of world or just race war. But just because they need enemies and war, doesn't mean they'll manage to get one.  

And have you asked yourself why he focuses on a final clash? Have you asked yourself why YOU call him insane, and others sane? What metric do you use? “Sane is what I agree with” is a poor way to judge character. 

He and I have butted heads, we will never agree on a lot of things. I do not regret saying to him the things I’ve said. But I at least try to see things from his perspective. THAT is why I listen to him, he thinks differently to me. If I only listened to people who agreed with me, I’d learn nothing. I’d understand nothing, least of all about myself. 

He’s afraid. He’s angry.

why? Because of what he sees happening in and to his country. 

Is he right to be afraid and angry? Time will tell. 

But solely because he thinks differently to you or I does not make him insane. 

• Like 1

Setton
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Ohh get off, Setton.

And Then has said, as someone living in the country and having many decades of life there, that something nasty is afoot and a fight is coming. He’s said he’ll fight and make sure the other fella dies for their beliefs (to paraphrase Patton). 

Shall we judge the UK by Brexit? Australia by Peter Dutton? Or do we listen to the people living there? Why is thr US different?

I do listen to the people living there. More than just the fringe idiots. Which is why I know and then is exaggerating and either trying to talk tough or genuinely thinks his political disagreements with his own country are best solved with violence. 

The only reason there would be a fight coming is if people like and then are able to win over enough other idiots who can't accept when things don't go their way. 

• Like 1

Sir Wearer of Hats
1 minute ago, Setton said:

I do listen to the people living there. More than just the fringe idiots. Which is why I know and then is exaggerating and either trying to talk tough or genuinely thinks his political disagreements with his own country are best solved with violence. 

The only reason there would be a fight coming is if people like and then are able to win over enough other idiots who can't accept when things don't go their way. 

I’m glad you’re hearing that, because all Im hearing are people cheering for Trump as he looks more and more like someone who would wear all black and really like the idea of having his own salute or people weeping because Trump is looking more and more like someone who would wear all black and really like the idea of having his own salute. 

And in that climate, AT’s fear of a civil war doesn’t seem that foundstionless.

Setton
9 hours ago, seanjo said:

Durham,  beautiful city, wonderous Cathedral where Bede is interned, romantic river walk...spoiled by pretentious no nothing left-wing students that will change perspective when real life hits them in the head...

Not actually in Durham anymore. Good luck applying that same generalisation to Bradford. 

9 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

He claims to be a teacher. I'll leave it at that. :lol:

Also not a teacher anymore. Haven't been for some time. 

Do try to keep up both of you. 

Setton
2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I’m glad you’re hearing that, because all Im hearing are people cheering for Trump as he looks more and more like someone who would wear all black and really like the idea of having his own salute or people weeping because Trump is looking more and more like someone who would wear all black and really like the idea of having his own salute. 

That's because the loudest are always the most extreme. Especially if most contact you have with Americans is through online forums. 

I'm lucky enough to know quite a few socially and, just as with brexit, the simple truth is most people just don't care that much. The extreme of both sides will talk about some kind of fight coming. As long as they're called out on that idiocy, they'll never get enough people on side to actually do anything, just sit at home and rant at their screens. 

If we moderates decide to just sit back and let the extremists be our representatives, that's when they might actually get their way. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RAyMO
5 minutes ago, Setton said:

just as with brexit, the simple truth is most people just don't care that much

True but worrying. 

RAyMO
6 minutes ago, Setton said:

If we moderates decide to just sit back and let the extremists be our representatives, that's when they might actually get their way. 

Ah - should have read to end before quoting. this is true - letting the extremists on either side have a free hand is dangerous.

• Like 2

Helen of Annoy
2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And have you asked yourself why he focuses on a final clash? Have you asked yourself why YOU call him insane, and others sane? What metric do you use? “Sane is what I agree with” is a poor way to judge character. 

He and I have butted heads, we will never agree on a lot of things. I do not regret saying to him the things I’ve said. But I at least try to see things from his perspective. THAT is why I listen to him, he thinks differently to me. If I only listened to people who agreed with me, I’d learn nothing. I’d understand nothing, least of all about myself. 

He’s afraid. He’s angry.

why? Because of what he sees happening in and to his country. 

Is he right to be afraid and angry? Time will tell. 

But solely because he thinks differently to you or I does not make him insane. 

Paranoia isn't sane. Contesting that fact isn't sane either. 

Basing political opinion on paranoia is not sane. 

Acting like you can't see thinly veiled threats for what they are can be done by the sane people too, under certain circumstances, one of them being on the same insane side of the political spectrum, which again leads to 'not sane' conclusion. 

There. 

I will listen to objective arguments, even to cowardly complaints too, but I won't pretend I can't notice the insanity and I especially won't do as the insane do out of fear they could get angrier, more irrational and more violent. They will get more irrational and more violent if you obey them, in fact, it happens faster than if you stand up to them.     

Paranormal Panther
17 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

...and duly reveals his true sycophants, who are more than willing to peddle his 'twitter of the day'.

King's pawn one.

Here's the difference. Conservative pundits don't pretend to be hard news. Democratic propaganda news outlets pretend that their biased commentary and lying partisanship are hard news. Stick to checkers, brother.

Paranormal Panther
12 hours ago, Setton said:

Not actually in Durham anymore. Good luck applying that same generalisation to Bradford. 

Also not a teacher anymore. Haven't been for some time. 

Do try to keep up both of you. 

Thanks for the update. That's good to hear.

Paranormal Panther
13 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

What a remarkable post. Derangement Syndrome indeed. Lets open the window and let in some sunlight. 

• Firstly, Trump did not call murderers "very fine people". That is a FACT. 
  • Secondly, he did not call people with swastikas "very fine people". That is a FACT. 
  • Fourthly, the only person in this thread to daydream about lynching was yourself. That is a FACT. 
  • Fifthly, the President appears to be having some success at dealing with those "various dictators", and there is even speculation about a Nobel prize. That is a F.... oh, wait, actually that is only my opinion. But it would be interesting to see how many people on these fora agree (or disagree) with it. 
  • Sixthly, there will be no "Thirdly" point, as "Thirdly" sounds a bit like "Third Reich" under the demented logic of some posters here, and I would be IMMEDIATELY accused of supporting Adolph Hitler and having swastika's embroidered on my undergarments and teaching my goldfish to do the Nazi salute !!

I wish that time machines were real. I would transport hyperbolic and hysterical celebrities and politicians, who refer to Donald Trump and good Americans as Nazis, to Auschwitz for a week. They could learn what Nazis really are/were. They need this symbolic smack to their heads, but I would happily volunteer to give them a literal smack to their heads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Agent0range

How about these idiots on the first page of the thread that thought the jacket was photoshopped?  Photoshopped?  Why?  Do you think this was a stupid jacket to wear, considering where you were going and for what purpose?

Hammerclaw
17 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

acidhead
1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

How about these idiots on the first page of the thread that thought the jacket was photoshopped?  Photoshopped?  Why?  Do you think this was a stupid jacket to wear, considering where you were going and for what purpose?

Her son.. her only son was threatened by a Peter Fonda hrs before on Twitter and nothing happened.  Let that sink in.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

and then
On 6/23/2018 at 4:00 PM, Helen of Annoy said:

imply you'd lynch people

This is an LIE and unless you can point out where I implied such a thing, you need to apologize to me.  As I said, you - and a few others here - make assumptions about my intentions based on your perception of me, NOT on my actual statements.  YOUR PERCEPTION of a person is NOT the last and only reality of what they are.  How would you like to be judged in such a way, Helen?  

My statement was clear.  The implication was that I and my neighbors would protect our property, including using FORCE, if these criminals trespassed.  Where we live, if a person comes onto your property uninvited, especially at night, without announcing themselves or communicating their need or intent then they can be assumed to be a threat.  Maybe in your part of the world, people just wander where they wish and take what they want without consequences.  That is not the reality here.  The solution for these people to stay safe is a simple one, indeed.  STAY inside the fence until the government that put them there adjudicates their fate.  These people represent a population EIGHT TIMES the population of my small town.  In the real world of human interaction, even among people of goodwill and similar culture, this would create tension.  When they are truly alien in language and culture it is an overt threat.  That is my last word to you and any other immigre troll on these boards, Auntie.  Hold forth about what you know nothing of to others if it makes you happy.  I don't need your moralizing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

and then
18 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The problem with that idea, Hats, is that IF Trump actually began to behave in such a way, people like me, in their millions, would turn on HIM as well.  This isn't really about Trump.  Not for me and my neighbors.  It's about being sick and tired of the kind of government we've had in this nation for nearly 20 years now.  Left is worse than Right but not by much.  We just want the chance to live and work and be left the HELL alone by an ever more encroaching Federal government.  If that takes a civil war, even the dissolution of this nation into the several states again, so be it.  

Uncle Sam
39 minutes ago, and then said:

This is an LIE and unless you can point out where I implied such a thing, you need to apologize to me.  As I said, you - and a few others here - make assumptions about my intentions based on your perception of me, NOT on my actual statements.  YOUR PERCEPTION of a person is NOT the last and only reality of what they are.  How would you like to be judged in such a way, Helen?  

My statement was clear.  The implication was that I and my neighbors would protect our property, including using FORCE, if these criminals trespassed.  Where we live, if a person comes onto your property uninvited, especially at night, without announcing themselves or communicating their need or intent then they can be assumed to be a threat.  Maybe in your part of the world, people just wander where they wish and take what they want without consequences.  That is not the reality here.  The solution for these people to stay safe is a simple one, indeed.  STAY inside the fence until the government that put them there adjudicates their fate.  These people represent a population EIGHT TIMES the population of my small town.  In the real world of human interaction, even among people of goodwill and similar culture, this would create tension.  When they are truly alien in language and culture it is an overt threat.  That is my last word to you and any other immigre troll on these boards, Auntie.  Hold forth about what you know nothing of to others if it makes you happy.  I don't need your moralizing.

I suggest to ignore anything they say towards you till they make changes to the way they approach you. Why engage with someone who doesn't even try to hold an civil debate with you? She done the same to me by making assumption and putting words in my mouth, trying to paint me into something I am not. When someone has a condescending, belittling, and downright insult tone to their responses; you know they are going to talk down to you and try to paint you into something you are not which is slanderous in nature.

Once again, just ignore them and don't engage with them. If you do engage them, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Helen of Annoy
4 hours ago, and then said:

Backpeddaling again :lol: 

Just like your Trump. First you say something awful, all psychopaths cheer, all the sane people are aghast, then you tone it down and claim you were misunderstood.

It's not all Mexicans that are rapists and criminals, it's not all immigrants that are animals, no, god (of hypocrites), no, it's just gang members. Those 5 year old too. But only gang members.

So now you wouldn't lynch, no, you'll just pitch in in keeping camps safe. Not at all concentration camps, these are only camps where families are separated and you are freaking daydreaming about it. Take a look at Auschwitz interior decoration for further ideas.

And you wouldn't hunt people, no, oh god (that prefers liars), no, you'll just protect your property from trespassers who are definitely coming for you and your stinky property, not trying to escape a concentration camp.

And you wouldn't like to be judged? Judged? You being judged is the problem here? Not living, breathing children separated from their parents? Lost in system, accidentally sold into adoption later?

No, it's you and your feelings that matter. Only that. Your tiny feelings must not be hurt. Screw the kids and the parents, it's all their own fault, it's your feelings we must worry about.

Well, screw your feelings. The thread isn't about you or your fragile feelings.  

On topic:

Showing Melania around wasn't enough (well, duh), the world is still disgusted with your Trump trampling human rights of migrants.

What do you have to say about human rights of the migrants and what is your excuse for denying them?

Edited by Helen of Annoy
disgusted, not just disgust, disgusted
  • Confused 2

preacherman76

Concentration camps, lol Auschwits lol. You really have no concept of reality. It would almost be funny if there weren’t millions of you.

So you have it in your heads that this administration and anyone who supports it are among the absolute worst people in the history of this planet. We are right up there with people who have caused the deaths of millions. You openly declare this without even standing over a single dead body. Yet somehow WE are the dangerous ones?

You are being whipped into an emotional frenzy. Even speaking of the separation of families like it’s STILL happening. 

The parallels of what we are seeing with you, and the start of Nazi Germany are astounding. How long till you send us Jews, or I mean conservatives to the gas chambers?

• Like 1

Emma_Acid
On 22/06/2018 at 12:12 PM, seanjo said:

I'm a citizen and a voter...how many people do you think the UK can hold?

Well done you. And you've done nothing to earn either right other than be born here.

I'm not supporting unchecked immigration. I want there to be a points system whereby people are granted access to this country based on their abilities and merits, not people just turning up because they think there's work here.

HOWEVER - you have entire populations uprooted because of war and famine, and turning them away from your door to "preserve your culture" is plain inhumane in my opinion. History will judge us harshly, and this could happen to any of us.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Emma_Acid
On 22/06/2018 at 3:32 PM, Setton said:

No, we don't have a citizen militia. We have a functioning police service so haven't needed one for centuries. 

As for how unsafe it is, I live in Bradford, a town with one of the highest proportions of South Asian and Middle Eastern migrants. 

I've never had any problems or fear walking through any areas at any time. On the contrary, I've found the migrant families far more friendly and polite than any of the white British chavs round here. 

I live in Birmingham, apparently full of Muslim "no whites zones" according to the Cheeto-in-Chief. Not found any yet, I'll let you know when I do.

• Like 3

Emma_Acid
On 22/06/2018 at 3:43 PM, Ellapennella said:

You sound ...racist.

Accusing other people of being racist for not bashing the immigrants. Again. How's that cognitive dissonance holding up for you?

• Like 2

Emma_Acid
On 22/06/2018 at 9:34 PM, Ellapennella said:

I was unaware about this company.  Melania is pretty great isn't she.

Proof if any were ever needed that people can twist any event to support their own ideologies. Unreal. Absolutely unreal.

RoofGardener
3 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

So now you wouldn't lynch, no, you'll just pitch in in keeping camps safe. Not at all concentration camps, these are only camps where families are separated and you are freaking daydreaming about it. Take a look at Auschwitz interior decoration for further ideas.

And you wouldn't hunt people, no, oh god (that prefers liars), no, you'll just protect your property from trespassers who are definitely coming for you and your stinky property, not trying to escape a concentration camp.

AHA... I declare Godwins Law ! The illegal immigrant detention centres are NOT "concentration camps" Helen :)  You appear to be using Nazi terminology to make an emotive allegation. 

...And you wouldn't like to be judged? Judged? You being judged is the problem here? Not living, breathing children separated from their parents? Lost in system, accidentally sold into adoption later?

"sold into adoption" ? In what way does the US adoption service "sell" children into adoption ? 

......On topic:

Showing Melania around wasn't enough (well, duh), the world is still disgusted with your Trump trampling human rights of migrants.

What do you have to say about human rights of the migrants and what is your excuse for denying them? .....

Again, we have these emotive labels. What would you say about the practice of detaining suspected criminal offenders pending investigation ? Because that is what is happening. 

• Thanks 1

Setton
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

AHA... I declare Godwins Law ! The illegal immigrant detention centres are NOT "concentration camps" Helen :)  You appear to be using Nazi terminology to make an emotive allegation. 

Godwin's law is suspended. By Godwin. Link (contains mild swearing). 

As for these camps, they do fit the definition of concentration camps (they concentrate a specific group of people). What they are not, is what the Nazis had - extermination camps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1