Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

celibacy and spiritual experiences?

chadthecat

theres alot of teachings of celibacy and super powers,has anyone ever followed celibacy?and share you experiences?

I think the whole concept came about with "warrior cultures" to keep warriors from wearing themselves out in the sack before a battle and committing rape during one.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

I think the whole concept came about with "warrior cultures" to keep warriors from wearing themselves out in the sack before a battle and committing rape during one.

Plus you have to figure how much pent up frustration they need to vent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Plus you have to figure how much pent up frustration they need to vent. 

Nice new avatar. Give it orange hair and put it in the members gallery....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nice new avatar. Give it orange hair and put it in the members gallery....

I chose it for a reason. If people want to consider me a toxic person, well toxic rick will be my avatar.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I chose it for a reason. If people want to consider me a toxic person, well toxic rick will be my avatar.

It still needs orange hair. 

Your not toxic. Just sick of life's bullcrap.  I know, I'm getting there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, chadthecat said:

theres alot of teachings of celibacy and super powers,has anyone ever followed celibacy?and share you experiences?

I did a 112 day test of will concerning self celibacy. The first 2 weeks were frustrating, second 2 weeks depressing, after that it fluctuates. I had more occult reasons for doing this, but the end result was a hell of a case of confirmation bias that was driven by high levels of expectation. I guess my dopamine driven brain was ready for day 113. As for "super powers" none that I noticed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I did a 112 day test of will concerning self celibacy. The first 2 weeks were frustrating, second 2 weeks depressing, after that it fluctuates. I had more occult reasons for doing this, but the end result was a hell of a case of confirmation bias that was driven by high levels of expectation. I guess my dopamine driven brain was ready for day 113. As for "super powers" none that I noticed. 

I went for a whole year and wasn't even interested. Then I found some goofy Satanist and broke the fast. I didn't feel different. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Piney said:

I went for a whole year and wasn't even interested. Then I found some goofy Satanist and broke the fast. I didn't feel different. 

I'm a ginger. Soo.....sometimes the 'rumors' about us are kinda true.:whistle:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

did you stop m********ing also?tue celibacy is without any form of sexual release.m********ion,sex ect...iv been without m********ing and sex for two weeks,and i feel like goku supersayan 4

To be blunt. If I could turn my libido into a power source, it would be an arc reactor. Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, chadthecat said:

did you stop m********ing also?tue celibacy is without any form of sexual release.m********ion,sex ect...iv been without m********ing and sex for two weeks,and i feel like goku supersayan 4

I'm 50 years old. The libido starts downhill at 35 and since I'm built like Jason Momoa's Conan I don't have to look far to get a piece.

• Haha 4

If you've ever read 'think and grow rich'. There is a section on sexual transmutation, which basically means redirecting that libidious motivation in a constructive direction. The idea is to take that primal drive an use it for something, work, art, study, something constructive. 

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

If you've ever read 'think and grow rich'. There is a section on sexual transmutation, which basically means redirecting that libidious motivation in a constructive direction. The idea is to take that primal drive an use it for something, work, art, study, something constructive. 

My grandfather messed with Tantric Majick and had a full scale orgy in his Miidii Lodge once. He said it didn't do anything but make the pagan chicks happy.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

My grandfather messed with Tantric Majick and had a full scale orgy in his Miidii Lodge once. He said it didn't do anything but make the pagan chicks happy.

so you saying that tantrik magic could make an old man like your grandpar have an orgasm?,

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm 50 years old. The libido starts downhill at 35 and since I'm built like Jason Momoa's Conan I don't have to look far to get a piece.

theres a guy whos 110 years old that still has sex.at 92 he become the worlds oldest father,i think sex is in the mind,if we taught that se drive goes down at 35 then our bodies will start behaving like that lol

I have read a lot about this, in occultism, Christianity, some mysticism and also Kundalini recommendations.

I think it like anything else. If you wish to give something up for spirituality, what matters is the sincerity more than exactly what it is, for most people. Fasting, abstinence, that sort of thing.

You get what you put into it, unless you don't believe in any of that, of course. I do, but, don't have a sexual issue or hang up I deal with re spirituality. We did have to go without during certain ritual stages in Vodou but otherwise I have not even worried about it, tbh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chadthecat said:

theres a guy whos 110 years old that still has sex.at 92 he become the worlds oldest father,i think sex is in the mind,if we taught that se drive goes down at 35 then our bodies will start behaving like that lol

In many ways thoughts can act as placebos or nocebos. Hmm....

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, chadthecat said:

so you saying that tantrik magic could make an old man like your grandpar have an orgasm?,

I was about 10 so he was only 55. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chadthecat said:

don't worry about @Piney . He gets enough :D 

disinformation can be a good thing lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

You guys make me laugh. I assure you you can still have fun at 59. Just keep yourself in the shape you expect from the ladies.

A nod is as good as a wink. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chadthecat said:

I'm a chainsaw operator-carver and MMA fighter. I keep my body in shape and eat healthy. I had a bad breakup and stopped lookng.

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

You've got 5 good years left. So better balance and rotate your 'chakras' while you can.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You've got 5 good years left. So better balance and rotate your 'chakras' while you can.

bah.

it wasn't my chakras that got me my daughter lmao.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The older clone of yours I work for is 73 and can swing my Husky 70cc like a toy.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked