Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No Wonder Americans Don't Trust The Media

ellapenella

Somewhere, Goebbels is smiling.  The saving grace today is that unlike in his time of the "Big Lie", there is far more access to information than just government-run media.  People who are engaging in Trump hatred, stoked by such images are doing so without regard to the truth.  They believe what they want to believe and refuse to question the media.  That child's father just confirmed that the mother took her north from Honduras for better economic opportunities and left several other children behind.  She WASN'T separated from her mother.  It never happened.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Can't even trust my "local" news anymore, they lift national stories like this for our daily "local" news program and their Facebook is primarily national news. They want the people in their area to hate each other I guess.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, and then said:

Somewhere, Goebbels is smiling.

I bet he is too. But not for the reason you think. 

That child's father just confirmed that the mother took her north from Honduras for better economic opportunities and left several other children behind.  She WASN'T separated from her mother.  It never happened. 

Well they probably struggle to get posed pictures of the children that actually are locked in cages in concentration camps sorry, 'temporary shelters' on account of them, well, being locked in cages. 

• Like 2

Maybe we shouldn't be trusting the Daily Wire.

According to Snopes, "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified."[11] Among the falsehoods published on the Daily Wire include “leftists” digging up Confederate graves, Democratic congresspeople refusing to stand for a fallen Navy SEAL’s widow, and Harvard University holding segregated commencement ceremonies.[11]The Daily Wire retracted and apologized for the claim about confederate graves being dug up.

https://www.dailywire.com/

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, and then said:

Somewhere, Goebbels is smiling.  The saving grace today is that unlike in his time of the "Big Lie", there is far more access to information than just government-run media.  People who are engaging in Trump hatred, stoked by such images are doing so without regard to the truth.  They believe what they want to believe and refuse to question the media.  That child's father just confirmed that the mother took her north from Honduras for better economic opportunities and left several other children behind.  She WASN'T separated from her mother.  It never happened.

That's why they're so afraid of information that counters their propaganda. That's why they use sneaky methods to censor or silence sources that provide news that busts their lies. I really want to see a peaceful revolution to defeat the propagandists. We need a "take no prisoners" attitude in confronting them since it's clear that "decency" is not in their vocabulary.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

According to Snopes, "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified."[11] Among the falsehoods published on the Daily Wire include “leftists” digging up Confederate graves, Democratic congresspeople refusing to stand for a fallen Navy SEAL’s widow, and Harvard University holding segregated commencement ceremonies.[11]The Daily Wire retracted and apologized for the claim about confederate graves being dug up.

They're not the only source that has this story. In fact, "Inside Edition" just aired a segment on Time's dishonesty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Setton said:

I bet he is too. But not for the reason you think. 

Well they probably struggle to get posed pictures of the children that actually are locked in cages in concentration camps sorry, 'temporary shelters' on account of them, well, being locked in cages. 

Do you even know what a concentration camp is?   You're Fake news, pseudo news is what you're engaging in, that's the purpose of  putting  the suggesting out there, your wanting to create an image of us as " NAZIS "that's what you're really saying. Trash the Trump supports now right. Every post you make is in the image of pseudo news fake news . Trump was right about the media I betcha he knew about this too. 

When foreigners  come into our country lawlessly, putting that on our society, which we have  certain rules required for foreigners  to come in , don't expect a perfect system to handle an unlawful illegal entry  on a massive scale.We're doing a pretty good job. 

We do not have concentration camps in our country. We do not  have internment camps in our country as was under democrat President  fdr in which  the democrats were in  support  of. You're pushing lies. Your ideology is fiction.    

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Snopes is a joke! You know its owned by a liberal husband and wife right? They admitted a bunch of shenanigans when going thru an ugly divorce. Can't remember the details, just realizing it's a fraud and to drop it off my source list.

• Thanks 4

I didn't know they got divorced. I used to love Snopes but the last few years I've denounced it, partly because I don't trust them on big stories and partly (maybe mostly) because the website was horribly redesigned.

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

Do you even know what a concentration camp is?   You're Fake news, pseudo news is what you're engaging in, that's the purpose of  putting  the suggesting out there, your wanting to create an image of us as " NAZIS "that's what you're really saying. Trash the Trump supports now right. Every post you make is in the image of pseudo news fake news . Trump was right about the media I betcha he knew about this too. 

When foreigners  come into our country lawlessly, putting that on our society, which we have  certain rules required for foreigners  to come in , don't expect a perfect system to handle an unlawful illegal entry  on a massive scale.We're doing a pretty good job. 

We do not have concentration camps in our country. We do not  have internment camps in our country as was under democrat President  fdr in which  the democrats were in  support  of. You're pushing lies. Your ideology is fiction.    

A concentration camp was where you concentrated groups of people who had broken the laws of the nation in times of war. 

What the Nazis had were extermination camps. 

What FDR had were Concentration Camps, they called them “internment camps”. What the allies operated were Concentration Camps, we called the “Prisoner of War camps”. What the Japanese operated were concentration camps. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

A concentration camp was where you concentrated groups of people who had broken the laws of the nation in times of war. 

What the Nazis had were extermination camps. 

What FDR had were Concentration Camps, they called them “internment camps”. What the allies operated were Concentration Camps, we called the “Prisoner of War camps”. What the Japanese operated were concentration camps. 

We do not have concentration camps in America and we do not have internment camps in America.  

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

We do not have concentration camps in America and we do not have internment camps in America.  

What would you call the places where the 11,000 odd children are being cared for? 

I cant speak, because my government “off shores” our detention facilities.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

What would you call the places where the 11,000 odd children are being cared for? 

Protective custody. 

Anyone care to look up how many children in the US are removed from the home, for any number of reasons?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Do you even know what a concentration camp is?   You're Fake news, pseudo news is what you're engaging in, that's the purpose of  putting  the suggesting out there, your wanting to create an image of us as " NAZIS "that's what you're really saying. Trash the Trump supports now right. 

As already pointed out, many countries had concentration camps. The Nazis had extermination camps. If the cap fits, I guess. 

I'd rather fanatics such as yourself saw me as 'fake news' (aka criticism) than be so pathetically in awe of one man that is support separating children from their parents without good cause. 

You do realise that even Trump now says this was wrong. Must be making your head spin trying to justify your position when the Great Leader doesn't support it. When was the last time you made a judgement for yourself instead of letting Trump do your thinking? 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2

quote-four-hostile-newspapers-are-more-t

And as for Trump dealing with the media?

quote-never-interrupt-your-enemy-when-he

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year

14 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

We can rest assure that The Daily Wire is absolutely telling us the truth. 

Reuters also is telling us the truth.

Father says little Honduran girl on Time cover was not taken from mother

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-photo/father-says-little-honduran-girl-on-time-cover-was-not-taken-from-mother-idUSKBN1JI07W?id=thedon

My perspective understanding regarding  snopes  is that they're very bias for democrats . They often refuse to state matters as fact or not because of their bias . Personally I suspect that the only reason they stated yes as fact of concerning Obama's releasing  of children/youths/teens  over to human traffickers as they glossed it over mildly was because they were unable to dispute it at all otherwise they would have maybe stated uncertain or mixed or internet is going around saying it  as they often do,  instead of stating yes or no.

ETA 

The above Tucker explains  what propaganda looks like. I don't know how you can actually watch the stations that you do they're constantly calling America names as such Nazi  & racist over and over again and Americans don't appreciate that being said about them from the outlets you like to frequent which in turn you repeat for them. They're never going to convince the level headed majority of any of that  and neither are you.

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

quote-four-hostile-newspapers-are-more-t

And as for Trump dealing with the media?

quote-never-interrupt-your-enemy-when-he

Why is his hand hidden? 

Notice how the "reporter" doesn't want to go back to 2014 ... when the border agent mentions it in trying to tell her how all this happened?  The reporter says real fast I don't want to talk about that and jumps into a narrative of  she says he says misinformation   The agent  is telling her that she was giving misinformation but the "reporter" wants to feed off of it .

6 hours ago, Setton said:

As already pointed out, many countries had concentration camps. The Nazis had extermination camps. If the cap fits, I guess. 

So you went  out of your way to type it and cross it out for what reason? It just doesn't add up to any other reason except for the reason why you even typed it.  So if you knew that America does not have concentration camps nor do we have extermination camps... there's no real cause to justify why you or anyone else would even say it. Typing it to cross it is was a premeditated deliberate act on your part .

I'd rather fanatics such as yourself 

If I'm a fanatic that would make  you an extremist in a cult like situation.Extremist are always wanting to dictate and control us . 

saw me as 'fake news'  

Yes . You're misrepresenting what is the truth and you're spreading fake news stories . You're trying to use emotion instead of rational logic and reason.

than be so pathetically in awe of one man that is support separating children from their parents without good cause. 

You're trying to manipulate emotion to enforce a change in policy .

President Trump is LEGALLY enforcing our immigration  LAWS. as he  is very close to closing this loophole .

He's been  keeping his promises made  to us and the left know it ... and

...how conveniently the left are  kicking up dirt about what they've never cared about before "children".

Port Of Entry  is how  foreigners are to enter our country... if they enter illegally they are now criminals whereby  they will be arrested vetted and sent back to wherever they came from.

Thanks to the last administration *sarcasm* who had the audacity to  give pamphlets out so that he could help them travel routes to illegally cross  whereas he would have transportation waiting for them on our dime so they could come and get free benefits and he did so with the help of Mexico.  I'm not certain if they were given citizenship to vote but I'm certain that they have voted. illegally.

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 1

Did Time magazine ever state that the girl on the cover was taken from her parents?  A picture doesn't have to be exactly what it is to get the point across.  The previous cover showed Trump as a king.  But, Trump never wore that robe and crown.  That doesn't make it "fake news"...

• Like 5
  • Confused 1