Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Trump says N Korea still extraordinary threat

60 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

US President Donald Trump has renewed sanctions on North Korea, citing an "extraordinary threat" from its nuclear weapons - just 10 days after saying there was no risk from Pyongyang.

"There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea," he tweeted on 13 June, a day after meeting the country's leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore.

The move came as the US and South Korea cancelled two more training exercises.

The Pentagon said the goal was to support diplomatic negotiations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44584957

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76

NK must have back tracked somehow. Good for Trump, keep applying the pressure. Kim has to understand this isn’t a game, and that he isn’t dealing with push overs anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

NK must have back tracked somehow. Good for Trump, keep applying the pressure. Kim has to understand this isn’t a game, and that he isn’t dealing with push overs anymore. 

Hmm Kim backtracking or Trump flip flopping. Which is more likely?

Genuinely tough to call. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

NK must have back tracked somehow. Good for Trump, keep applying the pressure. Kim has to understand this isn’t a game, and that he isn’t dealing with push overs anymore. 

Kudo’s to Trump. Can’t deny that he has played a productive role in getting NK to disarm.  but are Trump’s actions any different from Obama’s Bush and Clinton’s? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
13 hours ago, Setton said:

Hmm Kim backtracking or Trump flip flopping. Which is more likely?

Genuinely tough to call. 

Its more likely Kim back tracked. From what I've read SK has begun to put out a list of demands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Its more likely Kim back tracked. From what I've read SK has begun to put out a list of demands.

6 and 2 3s as far is I can see. Not like either of them is exactly consistent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
9 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Kudo’s to Trump. Can’t deny that he has played a productive role in getting NK to disarm.  but are Trump’s actions any different from Obama’s Bush and Clinton’s? 

Well Obama ignored NK. That was his advice to Trump as well. Clinton just started giving them stuff, including the means to build nuclear weapons, for nothing more then promises. Bush was too busy starting wars with other countries to bother with NK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
18 minutes ago, Setton said:

6 and 2 3s as far is I can see. Not like either of them is exactly consistent. 

Its hard to imagine any situation where you'd believe Trump was doing the right thing at any given time, for any given thing. So forgive me if I wait for real information on the subject before I decide.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAyMO
21 hours ago, Still Waters said:

US President Donald Trump has renewed sanctions on North Korea, citing an "extraordinary threat" from its nuclear weapons - just 10 days after saying there was no risk from Pyongyang.

"There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea," he tweeted on 13 June, a day after meeting the country's leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore.

At the very least it shows poor judgement. Trumps twit should not have been so definitive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
Just now, preacherman76 said:

Its hard to imagine any situation where you'd believe Trump was doing the right thing at any given time, for any given thing. So forgive me if I wait for real information on the subject before I decide.

That's why  I said it could be either... 

You are the one who seems to have already decided who backtracked. 

For the record, I think Trump has done the right thing by ending child separations. A little late and better if he's never started it but there you go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
23 minutes ago, Setton said:

6 and 2 3s as far is I can see. Not like either of them is exactly consistent. 

Hmm.. I wonder. Consistent in their daily utterances, perhaps not. But consistent with their strategic goals  (whatever THEY are ) .. well.. who knows ? Move and countermove. 

Recall that Trump's attempt at diplomacy with NK was considered 'failed' by most of the Meejah when he cancelled the first meeting with Kim. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
26 minutes ago, Setton said:

That's why  I said it could be either... 

You are the one who seems to have already decided who backtracked. 

For the record, I think Trump has done the right thing by ending child separations. A little late and better if he's never started it but there you go. 

Indeed. Except... DID he start it ? I thought he had inherited that policy from Obama ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
41 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Indeed. Except... DID he start it ? I thought he had inherited that policy from Obama ? 

From what I've read, the policy predates even Obama. However previous presidents haven't enforced it because of the harm it would do to the children. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
7 hours ago, Setton said:

From what I've read, the policy predates even Obama. However previous presidents haven't enforced it because of the harm it would do to the children. 

Oooooh... RIGHT.. so this is like the Jerusalem Embassy ? 

Congress approved it... but successive presidents where hypocrites... and failed to implement the will of congress ? 

Trump does it with Jerusalem, and at the US-Mexican border. And HE is the "bad guy" ? 

AOK... ummm... can you explain that ? In terms that the Left-wing will approve of ? :D

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Oooooh... RIGHT.. so this is like the Jerusalem Embassy ? 

Congress approved it... but successive presidents where hypocrites... and failed to implement the will of congress ? 

Trump does it with Jerusalem, and at the US-Mexican border. And HE is the "bad guy" ? 

AOK... ummm... can you explain that ? In terms that the Left-wing will approve of ? :D

 

I can explain it in terms anyone can understand and approve of:

Taking actions that were approved by Congress = good

Taking those actions when they're clearly not suitable today = bad

Taking actions that risk a fragile international peace = bad

Taking actions that traumatise innocent children unnecessarily = bad

If he or anyone is going to base this on congressional approval, the issues should have been voted on by the current Congress to make sure they represented the will of the current population. Not one that existed decades ago. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76

So far nothing has worked with NK. Every policy has been a complete failure. Let’s wait and see how this one plays out before we label it a failure. 

Risk at this point is near meaningless. We should have been playing that tune when Clinton had his shot. Instead he made them a million times more dangerous. 

One thing I think I can safely say about Kim, if he doesn’t fear you at least a little your not getting anywhere with him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

So far nothing has worked with NK. Every policy has been a complete failure. Let’s wait and see how this one plays out before we label it a failure. 

Or a success. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
45 minutes ago, Setton said:

Or a success. 

By what measure? My goodness :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
15 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Well Obama ignored NK. That was his advice to Trump as well. Clinton just started giving them stuff, including the means to build nuclear weapons, for nothing more then promises. Bush was too busy starting wars with other countries to bother with NK.

 No I’m pretty sure they tried to buy off NK too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

LOL

Who would have thought that Kim would lie? 

Only...everyone. 

Everyone but Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Oooooh... RIGHT.. so this is like the Jerusalem Embassy ? 

Congress approved it... but successive presidents where hypocrites... and failed to implement the will of congress ? 

Trump does it with Jerusalem, and at the US-Mexican border. And HE is the "bad guy" ? 

AOK... ummm... can you explain that ? In terms that the Left-wing will approve of ? :D

 

Oh stop it.  If you are so concerned with the will of congress, you would wonder why Trump didn't impose the sanctions on Russia that Congress voted to approve.  Don't cherry pick.  If you are good for the goose, you are good for the gander.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

LOL

Who would have thought that Kim would lie? 

Only...everyone. 

Everyone but Trump.

Kim never promised anything to go back on.

Trump was saying he could instantly read a guy.  Perhaps he went in and just read something in that simply wasn't there and it merely took him ten days to realize.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
On 6/23/2018 at 5:02 AM, Still Waters said:

US President Donald Trump has renewed sanctions on North Korea, citing an "extraordinary threat" from its nuclear weapons - just 10 days after saying there was no risk from Pyongyang.

"There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea," he tweeted on 13 June, a day after meeting the country's leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore.

The move came as the US and South Korea cancelled two more training exercises.

The Pentagon said the goal was to support diplomatic negotiations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44584957

The art of the deal.  

You and the beloved BBC should read it.

Never ever compromise when you hold the cards.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeem

Here some food for thought

Maybe it is in America's best interest to present NK as a threat. You know give a good excuse for military build up near Chinese border.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
4 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Oh stop it.  If you are so concerned with the will of congress, you would wonder why Trump didn't impose the sanctions on Russia that Congress voted to approve.  Don't cherry pick.  If you are good for the goose, you are good for the gander.  

That is precisely the point I was making, Agent0range :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.