Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Becoming Jesus

markdohle

image.png.3cefaf36bd0f5c2bb3e32bcac028ef46.png

Becoming Jesus

March 10—Crossing the Saint-Nicolas, Nantes.
“I am no longer on earth, so take My place.”

Bossis, Gabrielle. He and I (Kindle Locations 306-307).
Pauline Books and Media. Kindle Edition.

I do believe, that the Lord does speak to us today, through certain men, and women.  These communications are based on the Lord’s desire to draw us deeper into communication with Himself, based on his revelation of the Father to humanity.  For to see Jesus, is to see the Father.  Jesus also said that how you treat others, is crucial, because He identifies with each of us, even those with whom we have little love or liking for, or may even have a deep-seated prejudice.  His union with mankind (with each of us) is total.  Those who take on the name of Christian, are called to incarnate Jesus Christ in their own bodies, or as St. Paul stated:   “It is not I who live, but Christ Jesus, who lives in me”. 

Our capacity to incarnate Jesus Christ is based on our capacity to allow His love and grace into our hearts.  The more we desire to grow in love of God and others (a grace in itself), the faster our inner ability to embrace the love of God, increases.  This happens though the process of self-knowledge, for the more we know ourselves, without self-hatred, the more we can love and empathize with others.  So, how do we take the place of Christ?  By becoming ever more trustful of his mercy in our own lives, as well as in the lives of others.

Unless we can grow in self-love and compassion for ourselves, we cannot show it to others.  For to judge another, is to see ourselves and judge.  Healing comes from embracing all that we are, in the presence of the loving gaze of Christ Jesus.  As St. Paul says, it is through fire that we must pass so that all that is not pure will be burned up.  St. Paul uses the metaphor of stubble, stone, and precious stones and gold.  That fire, is the gaze of Christ Jesus and our allowing Him to remove all that keeps us from manifesting Christ to others. Not just by what we say, but more importantly, how we love and treat the stranger, the outcast, and the so-called refuse of society.  No human being is ‘refuse’, but each made in the image and likeness of God, with whom Christ dwells.  When we love others, we allow Christ Jesus to enter into their hearts.  A heart open to true love, is open to grace, to Christ Jesus, even if they may not know that perhaps until the time of their death.  For Christ Jesus came to save the world and not to condemn it.  The deeper we see and understand, the more compassionate we become.  Christ Jesus, who sees all, and understands all, how vast his compassionate for all of us must be.  An often hard reality to embrace and believe.—Br.MD 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, markdohle said:

I do believe, that the Lord does speak to us today, through certain men, and women.  These communications are based on the Lord’s desire to draw us deeper into communication with Himself, based on his revelation of the Father to humanity.

I personally know folk who say they communicate with the lord. Didn't stop one of these folks 4-year-old daughter contracting leukemia; dying a painful horrendous death at the age of 13.

Is the pain worse for the sufferer or worse for family watching helplessly? Maybe I'll ask the lord myself one day, OR you could ask <<<WHY???? >>> for me- if you wouldn't mind.. 

PM me with the lords reply- thanks.

PS= Edit to add:

BTW..they don't communicate with the lord anymore- would you like to ask them why?

Edited by Dejarma
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, markdohle said:

Jesus also said that how you treat others, is crucial, because He identifies with each of us, even those with whom we have little love or liking for, or may even have a deep-seated prejudice.

Pretty much the "Golden Rule" of existence.

• Like 2

Jesus has been noted to have said many things.

Matthew 7

15Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markdohle said:

Jesus also said that how you treat others, is crucial, because He identifies with each of us, even those with whom we have little love or liking for, or may even have a deep-seated prejudice.  

Well, as you already know I'm not a Christian, but again you post another topic that I find important!

In your topic "The Christian path" I just shared some of my thoughts about tough love, but I could also post the same thoughts in here.

Tough love can be the least selfish kind of love, and therefore the biggest kind of love we can share.

Because you have to think more about the person's well-being than your own selfish need to be loved.

• Like 3

Light Angel said: 

Well, as you already know I'm not a Christian, but again you post another topic that I find important!

In your topic "The Christian path" I just shared some of my thoughts about tough love, but I could also post the same thoughts in here.

Tough love can be the least selfish kind of love, and therefore the biggest kind of love we can share.

Because you have to think more about the person's well-being than your own selfish need to be loved.

Agreed, though I don't like it when it is used on me :lol:.  We often take care of ourselves, when it comes to confronting, not wanting to feel uncomfortable.  

Peace
Mark

• Like 2

XenoFish: If we are made in the likeness of god. Then as a whole, god is one screwed up entity. 

I think, as a Christian of course, as revealed through Jesus Christ, that God is love.  We sin, or fall short, or miss the mark, or shoot ourselves in the foot, or shoot others etc.  We do the same things over and over again.  God is sane, loving, we are insane, violent and yes a mess.  Yet we desire good, to be loving and we seek after justice.......the good part is grace, we are responsible for our bad choices, or compulsion to a lesser degree.

Peace
Mark

• Like 1

likelyguy said: Do you believe that everyone should be loved?

I believe that God loves everyone without exception.  I seek to do that, a life long journey.

peace
mark

• Like 1

Xeno said:  Meet your god.

No, sorry B)......that is part of finitude. 

Dejarma said: 

I personally know folk who say they communicate with the lord. Didn't stop one of these folks 4-year-old daughter contracting leukemia; dying a painful horrendous death at the age of 13.

Is the pain worse for the sufferer or worse for family watching helplessly? Maybe I'll ask the lord myself one day, OR you could ask <<<WHY???? >>> for me- if you wouldn't mind.. 

PM me with the lords reply- thanks.

PS= Edit to add:

BTW..they don't communicate with the lord anymore- would you like to ask them why?

There is great suffering in the world, and we really have few answers to our “Why????” questions.  Not sure bitterness, or atheism, if it is response to suffering actually does any good.  I have lost three siblings in the past four years, I have 6 still alive, but for how long.  I have a brother with cancer, I have health problems……is bitterness helpful?  It is understandable, but it leads nowhere. 

A parent losing a child, can’t be addressed in any meaningful way except by being with the suffering.  No pious, nor any philosophical, and especially no scientific can do justice to this kind of loss……it is almost an infinite inner void…..a void that screams. 

I have known men and women whose life is nothing but suffering, loss, sickness and isolation from others.  Yet they have faith, do not become bitter, but press one.  Their faith, and I am not talking just about the Christian faith, roots them in reality and they do not become eatien alive by anger or bitterness.  They take a step forward in trust, a choice, a hard one, yet they make it.

No one is spared suffering, loss etc.  Yet there is also beauty, love, joy, pleasure, no one seems disturbed by that, nor do they question God on these issues.   Why indeed is there so much good in people, so much beauty, and so much compassion?  Yet not all have this, but from my experience, unless someone is backed into a corner, most people are kind. 

I am a man of faith.  I do not look to my faith as a way to ward off suffering, horror, pain, disease and in the end death.  This is the world we live in.  For me it is about choices, going forward, hoping against hope. 

I will not get into the Christian understanding of suffering, for it can come across as just a pious cliché, which it is not.  I am deeply sorry for your your friends loss.  I hope they can find healing.....which takes time. 

Thanks you for your comment, a good one.

Peace
mark

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, markdohle said:

I will not get into the Christian understanding of suffering,

What I understand about suffering in regards to Christianity. Is that we deserve it because we exist, then we have exaggerated rules to live by in order to 'redeem' ourselves from something that isn't actually our fault. That we are just play things to god. So saying god is love is like saying love is suffering.

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

If we are made in the likeness of god. Then as a whole, god is one screwed up entity. 

God is made in the likeness of Man.  So, yeah, you are right :D

edit: I respect Markdohle's faith and it's not for me to question that.   Just commenting on the above :) 

Edited by Essan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Jesus has been noted to have said many things.

Matthew 7

15Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.

Well, we should.

This bit is particularly relevant at this time. 

• Like 2

Xeno said:  What I understand about suffering in regards to Christianity. Is that we deserve it because we exist, then we have exaggerated rules to live by in order to 'redeem' ourselves from something that isn't actually our fault. That we are just play things to god. So saying god is love is like saying love is suffering.

“The essence of Christianity is not an idea, not a system of thought, not a plan of action. The essence of Christianity is a Person: Jesus Christ Himself. That which is essential is the One Who is essential. To become truly real means to come to know Jesus Christ and to learn from Him what it means to be human.” ~Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI)

29 minutes ago, markdohle said:

“The essence of Christianity is not an idea, not a system of thought, not a plan of action. The essence of Christianity is a Person: Jesus Christ Himself. That which is essential is the One Who is essential. To become truly real means to come to know Jesus Christ and to learn from Him what it means to be human.” ~Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI)

The Jesus is no different for any mythological hero one would wish to idolize. To submit yourself to an idea fully is to lose yourself. To be Jesus is to forget who you are and become a thing. No longer a person. Just a poor imitation of an outlandish standard.

• Like 2

Jesus' "compassion" often took a curious turn.

Matthew 11:21-24 King James Version (KJV)

21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

17 hours ago, markdohle said:

Becoming Jesus

I do believe, that the Lord does speak to us today, through certain men, and women.  These communications are based on the Lord’s desire to draw us deeper into communication with Himself, based on his revelation of the Father to humanity.  For to see Jesus, is to see the Father.  Jesus also said that how you treat others, is crucial, because He identifies with each of us, even those with whom we have little love or liking for, or may even have a deep-seated prejudice.  His union with mankind (with each of us) is total.  Those who take on the name of Christian, are called to incarnate Jesus Christ in their own bodies, or as St. Paul stated:   “It is not I who live, but Christ Jesus, who lives in me”. 

Our capacity to incarnate Jesus Christ is based on our capacity to allow His love and grace into our hearts.  The more we desire to grow in love of God and others (a grace in itself), the faster our inner ability to embrace the love of God, increases.  This happens though the process of self-knowledge, for the more we know ourselves, without self-hatred, the more we can love and empathize with others.  So, how do we take the place of Christ?  By becoming ever more trustful of his mercy in our own lives, as well as in the lives of others.

Unless we can grow in self-love and compassion for ourselves, we cannot show it to others.  For to judge another, is to see ourselves and judge.  Healing comes from embracing all that we are, in the presence of the loving gaze of Christ Jesus.  As St. Paul says, it is through fire that we must pass so that all that is not pure will be burned up.  St. Paul uses the metaphor of stubble, stone, and precious stones and gold.  That fire, is the gaze of Christ Jesus and our allowing Him to remove all that keeps us from manifesting Christ to others. Not just by what we say, but more importantly, how we love and treat the stranger, the outcast, and the so-called refuse of society.  No human being is ‘refuse’, but each made in the image and likeness of God, with whom Christ dwells.  When we love others, we allow Christ Jesus to enter into their hearts.  A heart open to true love, is open to grace, to Christ Jesus, even if they may not know that perhaps until the time of their death.  For Christ Jesus came to save the world and not to condemn it.  The deeper we see and understand, the more compassionate we become.  Christ Jesus, who sees all, and understands all, how vast his compassionate for all of us must be.  An often hard reality to embrace and believe.—Br.MD 

The whole point behind the kind of stuff you are writing about is not to take ownership of other peoples problems. By that I mean let them behave how they want to behave. Do not seek or take revenge due to how they treat you, let them dig themselves into a mental abyss instead. This doesnt mean you should place yourself in danger or allow others to harm you.

To reach the above state you have to ask why does their behaviour annoy, anger, stress, or upset you? Why arent you able to cope unless people treat you perfectly? The challenge you have is to let go and overcome your ego.

You dont have to always win, you dont have to always come out on top. you dont have to always be treated correctly by others. Its your ego that demands these things and causes you suffering when it doesnt get what it wants. Stop listening to your ego.

Using mysticism to frame what I`m about to say then reality is not wholly positive but it is equally positive and negative. You have to learn to accept both sides of it and be at peace with it.

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Jesus' "compassion" often took a curious turn.

Matthew 11:21-24 King James Version (KJV)

21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

People find what they want to in the bible.

If they want to find compassion, they will. 

If they want to prop up their prejudices, they'll likely find ways to manipulate the bible to do that, too. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, markdohle said:

Image result for Krishna the true love quote

18 hours ago, markdohle said:

Becoming Jesus

Is there a question here? Or s this a way of preaching your faith?

I haven't read the thread yet, but this seems to be the case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Is there a question here? Or s this a way of preaching your faith?

I haven't read the thread yet, but this seems to be the case.

It's like one of those Jehovah witness that knock at your door preaching the good news.:lol: