Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cafe closes doors due to paranormal activity

UM-Bot

Some mops and brooms fell over, I can give them a explanation, gravity. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The cafe will remain closed until a satisfactory explanation for the phenomenon can be found.

Well sir it looks like the barricade fell over on it's own. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Grandpa Greenman said:

Some mops and brooms fell over, I can give them a explanation, gravity. 

I'm voting for demonic aliens from the 5th dimension.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Is this one of those barricades that has the flat strip coiled up inside of the post on a spring? The brake mechanism fails and the spring pulls hard and knocks over itself or the next pole?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Is this one of those barricades that has the flat strip coiled up inside of the post on a spring? The brake mechanism fails and the spring pulls hard and knocks over itself or the next pole?

It looked like it. I thought I saw one of them twist before the whole thing fell over. I could be wrong though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Done and dusted. That looks about right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They want an explanation? It's called physics. Specifically gravity.

Honestly though, why lose custom just because of this? It didn't harm anyone in any way whatsoever, so why get worked up about it?

Edited by Echoes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think it is hilarious, personally. Maybe they have a plan to draw in more customers because of this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

First issue it's a restaurant that depends on word of mouth and advertising. They now have Free Advertising..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sounds about right, the cynic in me says they where losing business and did this to get more customers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

As one often accused here of being too open-minded to these sort of things, I've got a few questions/issues about this one. 

I can't make out much from that video and it is impossible for me to judge the likelihood of a normal explanation from just that. Although the owners who are aware of the barrier apparatus claim to be convinced which must be considered. We must also consider if they have an ulterior motive. I don't place much stock in the usual publicity stunt explanation, as probably only the tiniest percentage of people in their vicinity will ever hear of this.

Also, the article doesn't get into whether or not there has been a history of seemingly paranormal activity at this location. It seems to me, closing the restaurant was an overreaction. But people do overreact, so? 

I enjoy the logical dissection of cases like this though.

Papameter  60% Paranormal    40% Natural phenomena or hoax

• Like 2

I don't care if it is paranormal. What is so scary about a barricade falling over? There was nobody there so evidently the ghostie is shy and doesn't want to perform for a crowd. There was no damage done so pick the thing back up and maybe the clumsy critter won't do it again. If it does though so what?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is even funnier than the Amityville horror case which is a well known hoax. At Amityville evil rattled a chair and here it is so cunning and horrible it knocked over a barricade in the middle of the night. I'm so scared. :whistle:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

" Lets see here, oh yes yes this will do quite nicely indeed -- uhum!!!! Under RCW$987493ccbandits we shall have a 10,000 dollar fine ! ""

* thinking...besides I needed another trip to Cancun.*

FOUL FOUL FOUL!  I object your honour!  * order order ORDER IN THE COURT~!!!!!!!! *

Now we all know what false advertising means, its quite clear.  DISMISSED!!!!!!!

* order order ORDER IN THE COURT~!!!!!!!! *

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You're just remodeling aren't you :sleepy:

Fire up the grill, I'll have one nothingburger please

• Like 2

12 hours ago, stereologist said:

From their Facebook page, these barricades are very flimsy, not fastened to the floor, have a very small base radius, and are held together by thin plastic ‘do not cross’ type tape. 

The photo below (which was taken from their Facebook page, other photos there show the same barricades as recent as mid June, and cropped by me), show how little external force it would take to cause them to fall over. 

What a joke! I vote publicity stunt, I highly doubt the owners believe what they’re claiming. 

034C33CA-A601-45B7-B2AE-C2D80034E710.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, XenoFish said:

I'm voting for demonic aliens from the 5th dimension.

Yep Mxyzptlk just loves to play pranks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, fred_mc said:

I think calling it a haunted café can attract a lot of customers.

Yep - all the "Ghost Hunters" will camp out there with their meters and recorders just hope to prove it.  But I think the broke coil spring is the best option.  You'd think that would be easy enough to check while cleaning up the mess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I disagree that it is false advertising. While most of you know that I side mostly with the paranormal, i am willing to be open to the possibility that it could be mechanical physics. The reason why I disagree that it is advertising is simply this, if they wanted to advertise it they simply just had to release the tape. They would not have closed down. I am curious as to why they jumped so quickly to a paranormal conclusion. Perhaps there is more to the story than it seems? Anyway, with just the video, there is not enough information to make a conclusion. 

• Like 1

I have to say it is not every day that you can get a LEADING paranormal investigator to show up and go away anonymously.

Bless their soul for going incognito.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1