Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual abilities reappearing...

Twyfordtangle

Hi, my nan has always been spiritual and it is something that runs in our family. Nan practised years ago but found the toll on her body and mental health too much so closed herself off to it all. She did the same for me when I was younger as I was finding myself way too open and although the things I was experiencing were not in anyway harmful she decided that I was too open and there was the possibility it could cause problems and I was getting upset. I have still seen things I can't explain and have a 6th sense but I no longer see "dead people" (sorry.. Had to be done) and nothing that really worries me or feels sinister. 

My nan is unfortunately at the end stages of kidney disease and is in and out of herself. I feel almost as if the block she put up to protect me is weakening (we only found out the diagnosis yesterday) the last 3 days I've felt strange. A real sense of foreboding sadness, 3 days ago on my daily walk to the stables I saw one crow on a particular tree, staring at me and screeching. Thought nothing of it. Yesterday, same tree, different time of day, 2 crows doing the same. Today 3 crows same tree but one flew down in front of me and didn't flinch when I tried to shoo it away. 

The last week I've had 2 episodes of sleep paralysis, one time I saw a figure climbing through my window then standing above the bed. The next i was absolutely sure we had an earthquake, but nothing around me was moving and no earthquake. 

I know Realistically that my nans days are numbered and wanted to get my head around it before speaking to her as I don't want her feeling guilty or trying to help when she's already weak. 

What can I do to get a hold on this? 

Just to add, I have no desire to use these abilities. I am all to aware that opening yourself up to the good includes the possibility of the bad and have seen it first hand and have no desire to have it in my life. 

I'm looking for a way to close myself off again or to find control 

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Just because you believe you have spiritual abilities, doesn't make it so. 

Unfortunately I know I have, I remember my experiences as a kid and don't wish to repeat them 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

You do realize as a kid we fabricate a lot of weird stuff. 

I was hoping for some helpful advice but I can see that's unlikely to happen here... 

6 minutes ago, Twyfordtangle said:

I was hoping for some helpful advice but I can see that's unlikely to happen here... 

I did. Quit believe you've got spiritual powers. Problem solved.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Twyfordtangle said:

Stress wreaks havoc in a person. Sleep paralysis, among other things, is a side effect.

Superstition will exacerbate the stress, so don't read too much into the crows.They're just birds.

Your sense of foreboding and sadness is understandable, so is feeling strange. Not unusual when a loved one is seriously ill.

How to get a hold of it? See it for what it is. You're fearful of losing a loved one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Twyfordtangle said:

Don't worry about them gaslighting you here.  Just keep on with your account and ignore the trolls aplenty.

As for your abilities, I'm right there with you.  Mine return at odd times.  Then they go away completely for a time.  Usually when I'm low on energy.  What kind of stuff happened to you as a kid?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Twyfordtangle said:

I saw one crow on a particular tree, staring at me and screeching. Thought nothing of it. Yesterday, same tree, different time of day, 2 crows doing the same. Today 3 crows same tree but one flew down in front of me and didn't flinch when I tried to shoo it away. 

A crow "murder" (flock) has "scouts". When a group moves in, the scouts show up first and screech at every living thing. The scouts move in one at a time. You have a murder moving in and if you have robins around they are getting ready to try to run each other out. 

Crows don't fear people who are unarmed. Those b*****s are as smart as chimps.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Twyfordtangle said:

Hi, my nan has always been spiritual and it is something that runs in our family. Nan practised years ago but found the toll on her body and mental health too much so closed herself off to it all. She did the same for me when I was younger as I was finding myself way too open and although the things I was experiencing were not in anyway harmful she decided that I was too open and there was the possibility it could cause problems and I was getting upset. I have still seen things I can't explain and have a 6th sense but I no longer see "dead people" (sorry.. Had to be done) and nothing that really worries me or feels sinister. 

My nan is unfortunately at the end stages of kidney disease and is in and out of herself. I feel almost as if the block she put up to protect me is weakening (we only found out the diagnosis yesterday) the last 3 days I've felt strange. A real sense of foreboding sadness, 3 days ago on my daily walk to the stables I saw one crow on a particular tree, staring at me and screeching. Thought nothing of it. Yesterday, same tree, different time of day, 2 crows doing the same. Today 3 crows same tree but one flew down in front of me and didn't flinch when I tried to shoo it away. 

The last week I've had 2 episodes of sleep paralysis, one time I saw a figure climbing through my window then standing above the bed. The next i was absolutely sure we had an earthquake, but nothing around me was moving and no earthquake. 

I know Realistically that my nans days are numbered and wanted to get my head around it before speaking to her as I don't want her feeling guilty or trying to help when she's already weak. 

Here is how to get a hold on this:

1  Understand that your Nan taught you the things 'she' believed in.  

2. Understand that if your Nan had  believed in Jesus...you would be a Christian.

3. Understand that if your Nan had been believed in Alah...you would  be a Muslim.

Therefore:

Understand that everything your  Nan ever told you about such things is pure BS...and free yourself of the chains of belief placed upon you by your Nan.

• Thanks 1

Psychic abilities do run in families, but (as Piney said) crows are just crows.

This is a traumatic time for you right now. Don't read too much into what you're thinking or feeling.

Move your thoughts to something different. To be fearful will only bring the negative, whether it is a real force or your own self messing with you.