Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where does this end, logically?

and-then

2 hours ago, and then said:

Most ICE agents go armed.  They are also trained to use them.  I'm thinking it isn't smart to push them.  But I do respect the cajones of someone who'd risk getting a cap popped on them to "protest" in such a way.  As long as they don't cry when an agent puts them down if they get caught doing something stupid like this...

I don't respect those who protest in this way. They are skinning and burning animals to show their displeasure towards agents, that is wrong on so many levels and is mental asylum **** there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

Kick a quiet dog long enough and the most peaceful of them will BITE your ass.

That's exactly why people like me, Maxine Waters, and the rest of the country you Trump a-holes have spit on and insulted every step of the way are in for the biggest bite of your life.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I will tell you this. I have no problem with seeing there be an open debate and an open choice made by the simple MAJORITY of legal voters, but, we do not have this anymore, We have lobbyists who control votes and the Rich who force their will for greed through and delusions that they somehow have more of a right than anyone else to see their own wishes enforced and use the media to maintain constant stress and confusion, disinformation and distraction.

That is our real issue, to stop the manipulation and get this lawlessness out of our government and force matters back to the PEOPLE, not special interests, not illegals, not the neighbors or opinions across the water.

They try to force us to fight each other when the enemy is the regime which has our government in a vice like a python after large prey and the struggle never ends.

THAT is the issue I see. When our Media is owned by Big Money with profits to be made by globalism, we have a major problem right there. When lobbyists are even allowed to exist, we have a problem. 

JMO.

bingo-gif-1.gif

You're apparently one of the rare few Trump voters with a reasonably good head on your shoulders. I commend you.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

I don't respect those who protest in this way. They are skinning and burning animals to show their displeasure towards agents, that is wrong on so many levels and is mental asylum **** there.

well, if you can show that it is dems doing this they need to go to jail for it, as it directly feeds into further stereotypes against Latin Americans and the indigenous belief systems there. Whoever is doing it is deliberately trying to ratchet up dislike for the Illegals coming into the country.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I don't know. Is it?

IXK1h5i.jpg?1

Perfect example!  With Trump, it is mere rhetoric.  With Waters, it is clearly vicious and inciteful only because the other side lost.  If it's not intentional on the Left then it is only because they can't compete with Trump and that pis-ses them off even more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

That's exactly why people like me, Maxine Waters, and the rest of the country you Trump a-holes have spit on and insulted every step of the way are in for the biggest bite of your life.

You do realize u r lowering urself down to the lowest of thows.

Why go there??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Because we all know that Mr. Trump is all in favour of an open media. <sarcasm>

He calls them out for their lies and innuendo.  THAT is his only sin toward the media.  I CHALLENGE you to cite a single instance where he has jailed a reporter or attempted to close down a news service or radio station.  You are repeating toxic rhetoric that has no place in civil society.  

Compare that to the previous administration's treatment of an antagonist reporter -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/ticket/obama-admin-spied-fox-news-reporter-james-rosen-134204299.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Sam said:

I think it's sick too.  But a person who will literally risk their life to protest has my grudging respect.  Most simply snipe from the anonymity of a public forum or a crowd of protesters.  I think that if someone is caught in the act of doing what that person did, shooting them would be justifiable.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, acidhead said:

You do realize u r lowering urself down to the lowest of thows.

Why go there??

I didn't lower the bar, Trump did. I'm just trying to adapt to the new environment.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

It wasn't a law. It was a policy option his chief minion, Mr. Sessions, chose to act on which his boss backed.

Wrong... it IS the law and it has been the law for several administrations.  You should dig a little deeper before spouting the company line.

the date on that photo is notable.  I think you'll find that the president's name wasn't TRUMP in 2014.  BTW... is it just me or does that look a lot like a CAGE those kids are in?

Two young girls sit in a holding area where hundreds of mostly Central American immigrant children were being processed and held at a U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility in 2014. (Ross D. Franklin-Pool/Getty Images)

MigrantGirls-1180x739.jpg

Edited by and then
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In before the inevitable: "Closed for Moderator Review." 

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

In before the inevitable: "Closed for Moderator Review." 

?  "IN"?  They can close it if they like.  So far I think the discussion has been relatively civil.  If it gets closed it just proves my point.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I didn't lower the bar, Trump did. I'm just trying to adapt to the new environment.

It's too bad the #metoo movement didn't start with Bill Clinton. A lot of people could have been saved a lot of pain, but back then it took more than multiple accusations. It actually took proof...which Monica was smart enough to have.

Edited by Michelle
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I've been thinking about it for a bit.

Where does this end logically?  I would say it ideally ends with the emergence of a leader that has the respect of all of America and not just half.  Someone with enough character that the American populace would treat his staff with respect because they value him and his ideals.

Don't really see that happening any time soon.

Trump could have been that leader if the American collective psyche hadn't been relentlessly attacked 24/7 by the MSM etc 
who are making sure that someone outside the political elite and outside the control of the political elite and the '''Deep State'''
Political Globalists and their ''followers'''... doesn't have a broadly successful presidency.... (or the appearance of one)
(up to a point ie the military might get their own way a bit and be somewhat determined to carry on with a few things regardless
of who's president )... 

Not just the American psyche but the World's psyche... because it's happening all over as the totalitarians stealthily gain power
and reduce the power of the 'ordinary' man and woman - 

Those who want America to fall as an independent nation and become just a cog in the New World Order's wheel... 
are going the right away about it - but they might not be doing the generations to come much of a favour... 
Brave New World and all that... 

Edited by bee
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, bee said:

Trump could have been that leader if the American collective psyche hadn't been relentlessly attacked 24/7 by the MSM etc 
who are making sure that someone outside the political elite and outside the control of the political elite and the '''Deep State'''
Political Globalists and their ''followers'''... 
(up to a point ie the military might get their own way a bit )... 

Not just the American psyche but the World's psyche... because it's happening all over as the totalitarians stealthily gain power
and reduce the power of the 'ordinary' man and woman - 

Those who want America to fall as an independent nation and become just a cog in the New World Order's wheel... 
are going the right away about it - but they might not be doing the generations to come much of a favour... 
Brave New World and all that... 

The truly unfortunate thing, IMO, is that as a nation we Americans have allowed our educational system to become so degraded that we've become ripe to be divided in this way.  There was a time when being an American was something we were proud of and willing to defend.  Now, if we listen to the toxic media voices, we seem to be ashamed of our nation.  I've come to HATE the media in this country and I hope that if violence becomes widespread due to their actions that they are the first to be targeted.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, and then said:

.  I've come to HATE the media in this country and I hope that if violence becomes widespread due to their actions that they are the first to be targeted.

Don't add to it. If my husband had his way he would take telemarketers first. :P

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, bee said:

You know.... after Trump won and all the street protests were going on - often violent and abusive street protests...
I actually was expecting Obama or Clinton to address their supporters and say something along the lines of....
'''come on now, calm down... this is a Democratic Republic and the People have spoken - we must accept and
respect the result and prepare for the next election..... '''

Silly me... 

Instead I got the distinct feeling that they wanted the protests to get bigger and bigger and the divisions to get wider and wider...

IMO .... THEY set the scene for open disrespect of the electorate and the political system... 

Let's see, 2016 election, one side encourages supporters to physically assault the opposition, the other tells supporters not to boo - vote. 

Which is more representative of a democratic leader and which encourages disrespect of the political system? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Because we all know that Mr. Trump is all in favour of an open media. <sarcasm>

6 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Actually that's true. If there was a media blackout on reporting his tweets the political climate would probably calm down considerably.

Doesn't sound like YOU are for 'open media'.... ? advocating a media blackout on the President 's Tweets... 

It's pretty obvious that the owners of the vast majority of the MSM outlets are against Trump and use their media empires to
try and turn  as many people as possible against him --- free (open) press  seems to be that the Media shareholders and owners
are free to say what they like (via their editors and journalists) whether it is true or not --- or to put whatever negative spin they want on
anything that doesn't fit in with their agenda...  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Setton said:

Let's see, 2016 election, one side encourages supporters to physically assault the opposition, the other tells supporters not to boo - vote. 

Which is more representative of a democratic leader and which encourages disrespect of the political system? 

any evidence to back this up.... ?

you called yourself a 'moderate' the other day...but you will not take a moderate position when it comes to anything to do with Trump... :huh:

edit to add.... I presume you are claiming (bolded above) that Trump was encouraging supporters to physically assault the opposition..?

Edited by bee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Setton said:

Except when they lose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I've been thinking about it for a bit.

Where does this end logically?  I would say it ideally ends with the emergence of a leader that has the respect of all of America and not just half.  Someone with enough character that the American populace would treat his staff with respect because they value him and his ideals.

Don't really see that happening any time soon.

Well, it would have to be the rise of a tyrant or dictator, since no democratically elected (sorry, "democratically" "elected") (and certainly no Democratic) leader could ever conceivably attain such a position, could they, since the very nature of a "democratic" voting system is that one half of the population absolutely loathes the one that's put forward by the Other Lot. Really a "democracy" seems designed to make division and hatred a basic part of the organisation of society. 

Perhaps a king would be the best option. 

49 minutes ago, bee said:

any evidence to back this up.... ?

you called yourself a 'moderate' the other day...but you will not take a moderate position when it comes to anything to do with Trump... :huh:

It's literally on the first page of this thread. 

I am a moderate. That's why I don't sycophantically fawn over Trump's every word. Equally, it's why I argue he should learn to show the dignity his office is meant to hold rather than advocating his outright removal. 

Being moderate does not mean ignoring problems with either side. For me it means acknowledging that the whole idea of sides is ludicrous. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

The one that didn't try to appropriate all the votes their rival for the candidacy got, and order the supporters of that rival to support them, otherwise they'd be damned for all eternity once that candidate came to power?

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

8 hours ago, Gromdor said:

You haven't read his latest tweet on the matter:

Seems very calming to me. <sarcasm>

See, yet another reason why, despite everything that he does, he's such a refreshing change from politicians! All this crap about respecting each other and upholding the sacred principles of the Constitution and Democracy and all that sanctimonious drivel, someone who actually loathes the professional political classes as much as the ordinary punter does! 

• Like 1