Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where does this end, logically?

and-then

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Assault

Assault

At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

And how many have been assaulted due to his idiocy?  I'll ask again, do we REALLY want to go down that road?  It might amaze you to understand that Trump is a symptom, not a cause.  He filled a place in our discourse that appeared AFTER 8 years of Conservatives basically being told we didn't count.  We should just shut up, sit down and pay for it all.  Had it not been for that treatment, he'd have NEVER found the support that he did.  So if your answer really is that "he started it" then okie dokey.  I'll just quote him... "be careful what you wish for, Max" ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Seems like it's the path we have chosen.  Our current leadership values strength and power, not reason and compassion.

Is it a good thing?  No.

Do I get where it is coming from?  Yes.

Heck even the posters here are proud of the fact that Trump is purposefully, "making liberal's head's explode".  It probably never occurred to them that some of them might actually get off the sofa and do something about it.

Edited by Gromdor
ugh, this autocorrect
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Heck even the posters here are proud of the fact that Trump is purposefully, "making liberal's head's explode"

I resemble that remark. :P

And I own it.

*I* was talking about the MSM

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I've been thinking about it for a bit.

Where does this end logically?  I would say it ideally ends with the emergence of a leader that has the respect of all of America and not just half.  Someone with enough character that the American populace would treat his staff with respect because they value him and his ideals.

Don't really see that happening any time soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Seems like it's the path we have chosen.  Our current leadership values strength and power, not reason and compassion.

Is it a good thing?  No.

Do I get where it is coming from?  Yes.

Heck even the posters here are proud of the fact that Trump is purposefully, "making liberal's head's explode".  It probably never occurred to them that some of them might actually get off the sofa and do something about it.

Because it's all one if some Shmos on the net get mouthy with each other or a member of the U.S. House of Representatives does the same?   Riiiight...

Currently there is a very concerning alignment between current American politics and the politics of the Roman Republic right before it became the Roman Empire.

Immediately before the Roman civil war that turned Rome into an empire there were two main political rivals, the populares who were largely made up of the plebeians and focused on issues concerning the urban poor and the optimates who were made up of the nobles and wanted to strengthen the senate, or to be more precise the parts of the senate they controlled while reducing the power of the parts of the senate the plebeians controlled.  Then comes along Julius Caesar who became a leading figure of the populares and before too long a civil war began that changed Rome fundamentally.

In America you have people in America's rust belt and rural areas wanting to be heard and have their concerns addressed while established politicians, mostly those of the Democratic party but also a fair number of Republicans also, ignore them and are trying to expand the governments power over the people.  Now Trump has shown up speaking for people who have felt ignored.

It really is concerning what is occuring.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

I've been thinking about it for a bit.

Where does this end logically?  I would say it ideally ends with the emergence of a leader that has the respect of all of America and not just half.  Someone with enough character that the American populace would treat his staff with respect because they value him and his ideals.

Don't really see that happening any time soon.

That's a nice attempt at a dodge but I'm calling you on it because I KNOW that you know better.  I think the logical end of such childishness is that the worst elements on all sides begin to resort to violence and there's a really good chance that such violence could escalate, possibly out of control.  Had a Republican Congressman died as a result of such madness last year, it might already be on.

Today it's Republicans.  Tomorrow it's Democrats.  Then who is next?  Is it my next door neighbor.  Is it me? Where does it stop or end?  I don't agree with confronting someone at a restaurant, at a football game or movie about their politics.  Threatening someone with violence or threatening to harm their children or family crosses a line. If you don't like someone's politics, vote them out of office.  

I also don't agree with a restaurant kicking someone out because they don't like their political views because where does that stop.  This is a very slippery slope because one day you might be the person kicked out of restaurant or asked to leave a movie theater because someone doesn't like the country club you attend or they are jealous because they couldn't get in, or they saw you come into the movie theater in a vehicle whose company they despise.  Or some other stupid reason or maybe they just don't like you.  

Many businesses have the motto that they have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason and these things don't fall under federal protection (County Club membership, jealously over it or not liking the vehicle you are riding in). Legally they could deny you service for frivolous reasons such as these as this isn't the result of race, religion, ethnic background, or sex).  They wouldn't have to tell you why they refused service, although it seems in most cases they tell you why.  

A lot of this has come about by people using religion as an excuse  for businesses to deny people service and others have just expanded on that by including things that have nothing to do with religion..  This is what I mean by slippery slope.  I would have to wonder if someone is okay with someone else being denied service would feel the same way if they were denied service.  It's very different when you are the victim and not someone else.  I believe some of these people would be outraged and would threatened legal action against the company or party. 

What concerns me is that this slippery slope could extend to hospitals, medical facilities, emergency rooms.  Whose to say that someone wouldn't deny treatment to someone who was gay, Jewish or someone from the wrong side of the tracks because of religious beliefs. It could happen. Just like in private business, people who work in the medical fields have their own biases, prejudices and beliefs about people.  For anyone to say that this is false or something like this could never happen (denial of medical treatment for any reason) is out of touch with reality.  The haters out there have been emboldened which is scary. 

I pray that it never happens (someone denied medical treatment for whatever reason) but given the climate of today, it's something that could happen.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, and then said:

That's a nice attempt at a dodge but I'm calling you on it because I KNOW that you know better.  I think the logical end of such childishness is that the worst elements on all sides begin to resort to violence and there's a really good chance that such violence could escalate, possibly out of control.  Had a Republican Congressman died as a result of such madness last year, it might already be on.

Eh, Alabama might go all second amendment on each other, but I think Iowa will be alright.

You think it will degenerate into more violence?  Eh, you are probably right.  We lack a leader to calm it all down.  A few have already flipped out and shot both representatives and Trump properties up and we haven't even completed a second year yet.  I'd go as far as to say that many are fanning the flames, but I haven't seen anyone trying to mellow things out.

• Like 1

The scary thing is that there are many people out there who are angry and who wouldn't think twice about harming someone over religion politics or some frivolous reason.  When I was a child people disagreed about politics but did so in a civilized manner.  I never recalled anyone becoming violent or so angry at their neighbor that they refused to talk to them.  As my grandmother said, "That's the game of politics.  You win some, you lose some, but if you lose, you move on and work within the system."  This seemed to be the general view of the time.  

I remember as a teenager seeing two houses side by side that supported different candidates.  One had Carter and Mondale, the other had Gerald Ford and Bob Dole.  This was the presidential election of 1976.  This couple was friends before, during and after the election.  I don't think you could do this today that openly.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Eh, Alabama might go all second amendment on each other, but I think Iowa will be alright.

You think it will degenerate into more violence?  Eh, you are probably right.  We lack a leader to calm it all down.  A few have already flipped out and shot both representatives and Trump properties up and we haven't even completed a second year yet.  I'd go as far as to say that many are fanning the flames, but I haven't seen anyone trying to mellow things out.

The media will be 100% responsible if and when violence breaks out. They have pointed the finger at all conservatives and have openly declared them the enemy. They are trying to get people so emotionally destraught over things have have been going on for decades. 

Trump is outright Hitler, and anyone who supports him in anyway are the Nazis. And none of it has anything to do with some mean things Trump has said. It is all 100% because he is dismantling the elites globalist dream of turning us all into third world hell holes. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, baronesslucy said:

I remember as a teenager seeing two houses side by side that supported different candidates.  One had Carter and Mondale, the other had Gerald Ford and Bob Dole.  This was the presidential election of 1976.  This couple was friends before, during and after the election.  I don't think you could do this today that openly.  

BS! We have Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Christian, Wiccan, LGBT, straight and all colors of the rainbow friends and business associates. We associate with all of them openly. If any of them have any problem with each other they leave it at home, because there is no telling who you are going to run into with us.

We have refused service to people who had anything to say about any of them, regardless of who they are.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

They need to realize that two can play this game. Maxine Waters' latest crazy rant is just part of a growing and spreading trend to dehumanize millions of good Trump fans and/or voters to excuse atrocities against them. It's straight out of the Nazi playbook, one that leftist nitwits use as they falsely accuse other people of acting like Nazis. In the current version, "Jews" have enough guns to slaughter "Nazis" if they try to kill them. 

Refer to post #3 for my immediate response.

What has Orange Leader done to lower the the level of abusive rhetoric?

Answer: He's done nothing other than sitting, sweating, draped in a towel with a smile on his face and his hand on the sauna thermostat, continually cranking it up.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Answer: He's done nothing other than sitting, sweating, draped in a towel with a smile on his face and his hand on the sauna thermostat, continually cranking it up.

As has most of the MSM.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

As has most of the MSM.

Can we at least agree that there are no white hats here?

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

BS! We have Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Christian, Wiccan, LGBT, straight and all colors of the rainbow friends and business associates. We associate with all of them openly. If any of them have any problem with each other they leave it at home, because there is no telling who you are going to run into with us.

We have refused service to people who had anything to say about any of them, regardless of who they are.

Be thankful that you still live in an inclusive community. I hope it stays that way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

As has most of the MSM.

As per the demand of most of their viewers. 

Regardless, seems pretty sensible to hold the President to a significantly higher standard than the 'MSM', that many already think pretty poorly of anyway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

The media will be 100% responsible if and when violence breaks out. They have pointed the finger at all conservatives and have openly declared them the enemy. They are trying to get people so emotionally destraught over things have have been going on for decades. 

Trump is outright Hitler, and anyone who supports him in anyway are the Nazis. And none of it has anything to do with some mean things Trump has said. It is all 100% because he is dismantling the elites globalist dream of turning us all into third world hell holes. 

If Trump is Hitler, then they have a problem ...I guess that would make us his Stormtroopers. 

Just now, Ellapennella said:

If Trump is Hitler, then they have a problem ...I guess that would make us his Stormtroopers. 

Well that actually the funniest part. If Trump was anything like Hitler the media who is causing all this violence would no long exist

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

I'm angry.... I had enough of these people ....

Then you're part of the problem.

• Like 3

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Well that actually the funniest part. If Trump was anything like Hitler the media who is causing all this violence would no long exist

Because we all know that Mr. Trump is all in favour of an open media. <sarcasm>

• Like 2