Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
and then

Where does this end, logically?

660 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

aztek
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Seems like it's the path we have chosen.  Our current leadership values strength and power, not reason and compassion.

Is it a good thing?  No.

Do I get where it is coming from?  Yes.

Heck even the posters here are proud of the fact that Trump is purposefully, "making liberal's head's explode".  It probably never occurred to them that some of them might actually get off the sofa and do something about it.

in real world all leaders value power and strength, why do you think usa is in its current position in the world,  current leadership is no exception, it also values and bases its choices on reason,  not emotions like liberals do.   and that is pretty good thing,

as for those who enjoy liberal heads explode, well who cares, they are not the problem,  those that come out and do something about it, (like we have seen  them do, riots, vandalism, assaults.....). yea you absolutely correct at id'ing  who is the problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Because we all know that Mr. Trump is all in favour of an open media. <sarcasm>

Well we know for a fact Hilter wasn’t. For a fact.

So you are with the left status quo LG? Trump IS Hilter, and I am a proud Nazi?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

So you are with the left status quo LG? Trump IS Hilter, and I am a proud Nazi?

Yes, I am a leftist  (actually in Canada, a Liberal, but you would probably all me a leftist).

Of course he's not Hitler and you're not a Nazi, that's ridiculous.

I'll reiterate though, that he has done nothing to calm the situation and actually seems to revel in the division.

Yes the media, on both sides, are divisive but that's always been the case. A nation's leader is supposed to have thicker skin and be above that though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Yes, I am a leftist  (actually in Canada, a Liberal, but you would probably all me a leftist).

Of course he's not Hitler and you're not a Nazi, that's ridiculous.

I'll reiterate though, that he has done nothing to calm the situation and actually seems to revel in the division.

Yes the media, on both sides, are divisive but that's always been the case. A nation's leader is supposed to have thicker skin and be above that though.

He did nothing to calm the situation? He ended separating children, even breaking the law to do so. 

Thank you though for being one of a very few on the left who have not labeled me a Nazi. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
Just now, preacherman76 said:

He did nothing to calm the situation? He ended separating children, even breaking the law to do so. 

Thank you though for being one of a very few on the left who have not labeled me a Nazi. 

You haven't read his latest tweet on the matter:

Seems very calming to me. <sarcasm>

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

he is not wrong thou

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
Just now, Gromdor said:

You haven't read his latest tweet on the matter:

Seems very calming to me. <sarcasm>

Seriously? Waters is calling for harassment and riots. She is coming awefully close to domestic terror territory. 

If someone gets hurt she should be held responsible. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

He did nothing to calm the situation? He ended separating children, even breaking the law to do so.

It wasn't a law. It was a policy option his chief minion, Mr. Sessions, chose to act on which his boss backed.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:
5 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

 

You haven't read his latest tweet on the matter:

Who actually reads those things? If I didn't hear about them all over the news I'd have no idea.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
3 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

It wasn't a law. It was a policy option his chief minion, Mr. Sessions, chose to act on which his boss backed.

Well Obama was sued and lost for allowing these families to stay together. 

I’m sure Trump will be facing the same suit any second 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
10 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Who actually reads those things? If I didn't hear about them all over the news I'd have no idea.

Actually that's true. If there was a media blackout on reporting his tweets the political climate would probably calm down considerably.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Well Obama was sued and lost for allowing these families to stay together. 

I’m sure Trump will be facing the same suit any second 

If that's true, then good! Maybe he does have some morals left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle

DHS official finds burnt and decapitated animal on their front porch as agency employees face increased threats over Trump's 'zero tolerance' policy on illegal immigration

cont...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5883845/DHS-official-burnt-decapitated-animal-porch-agency-employees-face-increased-threats.html

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Can we at least agree that there are no white hats here?

IF we can also agree that the treatment of this particular presidential election and its winner have been unprecedented by ANY MEASURE.  We have no idea if he'd have been nearly as irascible if he'd been extended the courtesy of all his predecessors.  And if you want to point to Obama being trashed, I can say the same of both Bushes.  The point is that NONE before have ever been treated with as much disrespect as Trump.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
5 minutes ago, and then said:

IF we can also agree that the treatment of this particular presidential election and its winner have been unprecedented by ANY MEASURE.  We have no idea if he'd have been nearly as irascible if he'd been extended the courtesy of all his predecessors.  And if you want to point to Obama being trashed, I can say the same of both Bushes.  The point is that NONE before have ever been treated with as much disrespect as Trump.

He was born irascible and all his predecessors faced the same scrutiny. The (agreeable unprecedented) level that he faces now is much of his own doing. He could help himself by growing a thicker skin and staying off social media. To scrutinize political leaders is the job of the media.

He fans the flame while complaining of the heat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

Debate topic aside, behaving like these two would stop all the animosity.  People return the respect you give.  If you have no respect for others, you will never receive it in return. 

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Then you're part of the problem.

In that case, we are ALL part of the problem.  Except that it DID begin at a point in time and it was caused by the actions of a media that kept poking and prodding, blaming and insinuating.  Kick a quiet dog long enough and the most peaceful of them will BITE your ass.  I guess that when they finally do, THEY are equally part of the problem?  Whatever... you still got bitten, didn't ya?  Seems better to just leave them lie and live your own life without kicking them, to begin with.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
57 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

He was born irascible and all his predecessors faced the same scrutiny.

This is DEMONSTRABLY FALSE.  Why even try to tell this falsehood?  We aren't blind, deaf and stupid here, Lightly.  Just look into the numbers on negative media coverage.  It is UNPRECEDENTED.  These people have been obsessed since the night he was elected and they don't even attempt to hide their craziness.  The next step appears to be openly attacking his representatives, PUBLICLY.  THAT also would be unprecedented.  Dude, that is straight-up Brownshirt stuff.  Are you saying that it's justified and that you can approve of it under any circumstance?  If you can, it might be time to step back and reevaluate your emotions on this one.  As much as I loathed Obama, I'd never have advocated people harassing his employees or his family when they were out in public pursuing their private interests.  

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Michelle said:

DHS official finds burnt and decapitated animal on their front porch as agency employees face increased threats over Trump's 'zero tolerance' policy on illegal immigration

cont...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5883845/DHS-official-burnt-decapitated-animal-porch-agency-employees-face-increased-threats.html

 

Most ICE agents go armed.  They are also trained to use them.  I'm thinking it isn't smart to push them.  But I do respect the cajones of someone who'd risk getting a cap popped on them to "protest" in such a way.  As long as they don't cry when an agent puts them down if they get caught doing something stupid like this...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
5 minutes ago, and then said:

In that case, we are ALL part of the problem.  Except that it DID begin at a point in time and it was caused by the actions of a media that kept poking and prodding, blaming and insinuating.  Kick a quiet dog long enough and the most peaceful of them will BITE your ass.  I guess that when they finally do, THEY are equally part of the problem?  Whatever... you still got bitten, didn't ya?  Seems better to just leave them lie and live your own life without kicking them, to begin with.

Whoa AT.

Ella said: "I'm angry... I'm tired of these people."

I said: "You're part of the problem then."... as in if you don't or can't listen to an opposing viewpoint, "you're part of the problem".

Don't step into a conversation if you don't know the context. Maybe I should have been clearer.

As far as the rest of what you wrote. Who or what is the 'quiet dog' and who is 'they'? To reply I need to know your context.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
12 minutes ago, and then said:

This is DEMONSTRABLY FALSE.  Why even try to tell this falsehood?  We aren't blind, deaf and stupid here, Lightly.  Just look into the numbers on negative media coverage.  It is UNPRECEDENTED.  These people have been obsessed since the night he was elected and they don't even attempt to hide their craziness.  The next step appears to be openly attacking his representatives, PUBLICLY.  THAT also would be unprecedented.  Dude, that is straight-up Brownshirt stuff.  Are you saying that it's justified and that you can approve of it under any circumstance?  If you can, it might be time to step back and reevaluate your emotions on this one.  As much as I loathed Obama, I'd never have advocated people harassing his employees or his family when they were out in public pursuing their private interests.  

You quoted me but edited out what I later wrote.

Didn't I say...

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

He was born irascible and all his predecessors faced the same scrutiny. The (agreeable unprecedented) level that he faces now is much of his own doing. He could help himself by growing a thicker skin and staying off social media. To scrutinize political leaders is the job of the media.

He fans the flame while complaining of the heat.

Please read past the first sentence. I should have written "some level of scrutiny". I forgot to edit.

Edited by Likely Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
59 minutes ago, and then said:

Most ICE agents go armed.  They are also trained to use them.  I'm thinking it isn't smart to push them.  But I do respect the cajones of someone who'd risk getting a cap popped on them to "protest" in such a way.  As long as they don't cry when an agent puts them down if they get caught doing something stupid like this...

I don't respect anyone who may possibly have killed an innocent animal to make a point.

Before anyone makes the suggestion I'm a Trumpian, Nazi, etc,...I don't respect Trump either. Additionally, you won't see me wasting my energy hating him. I lean more left than right on most issues, but the people who would resort to violence, which they have for many years now, have driven me completely away from the Democratic party.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim

Politics has never been a pleasant business.  There is wisdom in the old proscription against discussing religion or politics as both subjects seem to bring out the worst in people.  But I don't recall ever seeing such open animosity and outright threats against political opponents being accepted as it is now.  Celebrities who hold the President's head in effigy, or call for kidnapping his son, or inciting mobs to violence against his supporters would have been the subject of a headline because of the consequences of their actions, not celebrated for them.  The internet has only been a serious factor in the coverage of the last two administrations.  Before that news outlets competed with each other to deliver the truth, thereby delivering a more balanced view.  Now they are all aligned against this President and the truth has to be discovered by people on their own.  It's out there, but the majority of people seem to prefer easy lies and distortions to finding the truth on their own.  A steady stream of bias and acceptance of threats against anyone makes it more likely that those threats will be carried out.  Until this President it was utterly unthinkable to openly call for assassination.  The SS would have been at your door the same day.  Now it is not only done, but not condemned.  Left or Right, Democrat or Republican, I don't think we're heading for a world any of us want to live in if we don't rein it in now.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
31 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I don't respect anyone who may possibly have killed an innocent animal to make a point.

Before anyone makes the suggestion I'm a Trumpian, Nazi, etc,...I don't respect Trump either. Additionally, you won't see me wasting my energy hating him. I lean more left than right on most issues, but the people who would resort to violence, which they have for many years now, have driven me completely away from the Democratic party.

this animal business is a religious backlash, not simple animal cruelty, so take it in context. That is probably an invocation to ask for curses, or similar. Possibly the Los Muertas cult, which is popular with drug runners and similar. Or it could be some home grown Kimbanda version, which can become really ugly. It is an effort to spiritually intimidate the authorities. I hope they dumped it out on the lawn, poured "holy water" over it and then dropped it in a smugglers tunnel or similar thoroughfare. Not all of these illegal folks are helpless ladies with babies, in fact most deliberately bring a kid to get into the country in the first place and this is huge money the smugglers are making helping them do it. 

That crying baby deal was exactly that sort of thing, not a helpless victimization of a single mother trying to escape violence. Her husband and the rest of her kids are back home doing alright. She brought along her most photogenic, young kid. The media plays to try to set off the war globalists like Soros want to see happen to stop resistance to their agenda and I cannot believe so many truly intelligent folks do not see what is plainly going on in front of them. The riots after the elections were paid for and failed to ignite so now we see this being exploited for the same hope. 

It is right there, and no matter what your politics, you should be able to see this manipulation and the agenda, who will make the money out of the end run. Follow the money. This is actually less human rights and more about profit going on. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar

I will tell you this. I have no problem with seeing there be an open debate and an open choice made by the simple MAJORITY of legal voters, but, we do not have this anymore, We have lobbyists who control votes and the Rich who force their will for greed through and delusions that they somehow have more of a right than anyone else to see their own wishes enforced and use the media to maintain constant stress and confusion, disinformation and distraction.

That is our real issue, to stop the manipulation and get this lawlessness out of our government and force matters back to the PEOPLE, not special interests, not illegals, not the neighbors or opinions across the water.

They try to force us to fight each other when the enemy is the regime which has our government in a vice like a python after large prey and the struggle never ends.

THAT is the issue I see. When our Media is owned by Big Money with profits to be made by globalism, we have a major problem right there. When lobbyists are even allowed to exist, we have a problem. 

JMO.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.