Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
and then

Where does this end, logically?

660 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

DieChecker
26 minutes ago, acidhead said:

 

So who is to blame for the fight? The people who were offended by the Trump people, and threw the first punches. Or, the Trump people for just being there in a public place.

We're told it is Trump who is inspiring hate and fear, but IMHO, it is those who are reacting violently to Trump who are the problem.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Myles
8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

So who is to blame for the fight? The people who were offended by the Trump people, and threw the first punches. Or, the Trump people for just being there in a public place.

We're told it is Trump who is inspiring hate and fear, but IMHO, it is those who are reacting violently to Trump who are the problem.

The vast majority of the blame belongs to the people who think they are offended by Trump.  I will say that a small percentage of this is one the people putting this on.   They are antagonizing people that they know are not in control of their emotions (snowflakes).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
2 hours ago, Myles said:

The vast majority of the blame belongs to the people who think they are offended by Trump.  I will say that a small percentage of this is one the people putting this on.   They are antagonizing people that they know are not in control of their emotions (snowflakes).

 

I'm not 100% this is agreement with you, but I believe there is a very small percentage of people out there who are ACTIVELY looking for things to be enraged about. And then they tell everyone they can find...and post online, and call news stations, and form groups, and conduct protests... so that their Enragement will have an audience. And then they bask in the glow of the outrage they have generated, and know that they did their bit to "fight" whatever injustice it was that enraged them to begin with. Such people can be "triggered" by such things as a MAGA hat, or a bumper sticker, or even just someone thinking that professional criminal illegals should be locked up.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paranormal Panther
18 hours ago, DieChecker said:

So who is to blame for the fight? The people who were offended by the Trump people, and threw the first punches. Or, the Trump people for just being there in a public place.

We're told it is Trump who is inspiring hate and fear, but IMHO, it is those who are reacting violently to Trump who are the problem.

It's like saying that the person, who was beaten by Eagles fans, was responsible for the beating because he wore a Cowboys jersey. They're as bad at placing blame as they are at shifting blame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alaric
On 7/26/2018 at 3:16 PM, Kismit said:

I see her as the equivalent of Lauren Southen or Tommy Robinson.

Seriously? You’re saying the things those two are advocating are equivalent to pedophilia? Is that the new thing now that “Nazi” has been watered down so much from overuse?

The the movement to normalize pedophilia is actually quite mainstream on the left. Salon, for example, is a pretty mainstream leftist publication... they published articles attempting to normalize pedophilia. Salon not mainstream enough for you? How about the BBC?

'Paedophiles need help, not condemnation - I should know'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/3216b48d-3195-4f67-8149-54586689ae3c?ns_campaign=bbc-three&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=paedophileshelp?ns_campaign=bbc-three&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=paedophileshelp

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daughter of the Nine Moons
26 minutes ago, Alaric said:

Seriously? You’re saying the things those two are advocating are equivalent to pedophilia? Is that the new thing now that “Nazi” has been watered down so much from overuse?

The the movement to normalize pedophilia is actually quite mainstream on the left. Salon, for example, is a pretty mainstream leftist publication... they published articles attempting to normalize pedophilia. Salon not mainstream enough for you? How about the BBC

Tone down the rhetoric. And don't misrepresent what Kismit is saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam
On 7/26/2018 at 3:16 PM, Kismit said:

That's a pretty out there face book page you linked too. I do not agree with this woman. I believe as a society protection of our most vulnerable should be standard behavior.  And harming our most vulnerable should be outlawed.  But I see her as the equivalent of Lauren Southen or Tommy Robinson. 

How is that possible?

Lauren Southern, in particular.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:16 PM, Kismit said:

She does not speak for everyone and there are people everywhere shaking thier heads and thinking the world has gone crazy. 

In reality the world does not need to be seen as or treated as crazy.

No, but there are a lot of people who are that way, and calling them out early prevents them from gaining power and doing damage.

It is already too late to save most institutes of higher learning, but the world is not going to be made better by doing nothing to oppose evil people. 

On 7/26/2018 at 3:16 PM, Kismit said:

It is very important that we get out and barbecue with our neighbours and friends. Absorb some reality from time to time. 

Couldn't agree more, that's one reason I am enjoying my new Gym membership.

And BTW, I can wear my Trump T-shirt and not have any problems. In fact, I get lots of high-fives.  

.... its great to NOT be living in California. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alaric
On 8/5/2018 at 10:48 AM, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Tone down the rhetoric. And don't misrepresent what Kismit is saying.

Let me see if I have this right for future reference and so that other posters can understand what is permissible as well... 

I’m “misrepresenting” someone else when I request a poster to clarify what it was precisely that they meant by a statement (that is quite inflammatory on its face)... if albeit in a slightly sarcastic and incredulous manner...

The use of the statement, “I see her as the equivalent of Lauren Southen or Tommy Robinson”, when referring to an apologist for pedophilia seems to smear Lauren and Tommy by basically saying their views are as extreme and twisted as and in the same basket with pedophiles and their advocates, no?

... pretty similar to how “Nazi” has been used repetitively to smear those two (and others) previously in just that manner by using semantic “guilt by association”...

... then I point out that pedophile normalization is not merely an issue championed by those on the extreme left and in fact has been the subject of multiple articles from mainstream left leaning publishers like Salon and the BBC...

... and my “rhetoric” is an issue...

... got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss

Seems totally beyond what we are bombarded with every day....that no one can change their sexual orientation with therapy....I guess unless you are a pedophile...and then apparently you can. No wonder so many people are confused!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:33 AM, AnchorSteam said:

No, but there are a lot of people who are that way, and calling them out early prevents them from gaining power and doing damage.

It is already too late to save most institutes of higher learning, but the world is not going to be made better by doing nothing to oppose evil people. 

Damn Anchorsteam you just sounded like a "leftist" talking about trumpians and racism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.