Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery surrounds man who woke from coma

UM-Bot

I read the article. I am not sure how this is international news. It is better placed as a local story as to anyone with information please inform. My guess is he was robbed and assaulted.

• Like 1

I know the area very well and the 'Tigers Lair' is a popular drinking hole for the Hull City (nicknamed The Tigers) football fans. Knowing the area, I'm willing to bet he was assaulted and robbed. The Anlaby road area is rife with drugs and assaults - has been since as long as I can remember (I grew up round there in the 70's).

I'm with Papa though, it's not really international news. Stuff like this goes on daily in Hull unfortunately. 

• Like 2

There's nothing unexplained here. Not by our standards anyways. Waking up after being beat up and mugged no doubt happens more often than documented. I'm sure that's all that happened here

Edited by TruthandKnowledge

So what's so hard about finding a hypnotherapist in 2018? There's one around every corner. The only person not to go is the one that doesn't want to know. Where's the mystery here?

I don't see what is mysterious about a guy being passed out outside a pub in a shady part of town... The doctors must know what caused the coma which should help narrow down what may have happened.

Until the cause of what happened to him has been found, it is and will remain a mystery. Everything else is just guess work and assumptions. Whatever happened to him he's still very much affected by it, I hope he can get to the bottom of it for his own sake.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aearluin said:

I don't see what is mysterious about a guy being passed out outside a pub in a shady part of town... The doctors must know what caused the coma which should help narrow down what may have happened.

You're giving doctors wayyy too much credit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Until the cause of what happened to him has been found, it is and will remain a mystery. Everything else is just guess work and assumptions.

Indeed. But here's an example of what that area is like. (Anlaby road runs onto Carr Lane and Paragon street dissects them)

"A police diary has shown in shocking detail the horrific levels of crime happening in Hull city centre this year.

The diary has logged every crime reported in Carr Lane, Paragon Street and Anlaby Road from January to May.

In total, it reveals there have been 51 incidents of violence, disorder, and general drunkenness in the three city centre streets.

The crimes reported include a number mass brawls, fights in the street and random attacks.

Since Humberside Police launched Operation Ignition, they have made 63 arrests made and 114 dispersal orders issued."

Even Betfred wouldn't give odds on this one.

4 hours ago, Stiff said:

Indeed. But here's an example of what that area is like. (Anlaby road runs onto Carr Lane and Paragon street dissects them)

I understand the point you're making but I feel you're missing mine.

I know the place has a reputation, and I know it's likely he was attacked/robbed. But unless someone comes forward with info to help him or culprit(s) have been caught, then nobody can say for sure what happened, it is all speculation otherwise. It can't be anything else.

OK.gif

• Like 1