Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Second Chinese space station acting strangely

UM-Bot

Made in China.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

"Decommissioned" = Allowed to fall to Earth - Crash & Burn.  I guess it would be Burn and Crash for something re-entering Earth's atmosphere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StarMountainKid said:

Made in China.

And your point is?

• Like 2

So we have learned that the station used 144kgs of propellant to lift its orbit by 95kms. I like such stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

And your point is?

My point is, Chinese technology is less capable of perfecting space stations than, say, the U.S. and its space station building partners. Give them time, though and they will catch up. 

The first two Chinese space stations (Tiangong1 and 2) were and are prototypes to test their technologies, although # 2 is supposed to become part of their future permanent space station. The Chinese design relies heavily on the cooperation with the Russians sharing their technology with the Chinese. I would thin the Chinese have 'borrowed' from other sources, intellectual properties and all that. 

Since it seems most of my electronic devices are made in China, but perhaps not developed there, they're pretty clever and know what they're doing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

My point is, Chinese technology is less capable of perfecting space stations than, say, the U.S. and its space station building partners. Give them time, though and they will catch up.

Given that there seems to nothing wrong with Tiangong 2 I still don't see your point. (Did you actually read the article).

It is not out of control or malfunctioning, it has simply performed some unusual manoeuvres recently, prompting experts to believe that it is about to be decommisioned. If that is the case it demonstrates an improvement over Tiangong 1, which the Chinese did lose control of.

Comparison with the USA is not really possible. The USA has only ever built one fully indigenous space station, Skylab, and that ended up making a rather spectacular, uncontrolled re-entry over Australia. In fact the two largest man made objects ever to make an uncontrolled re-entry over land were Skylab and the shuttle Columbia.

Every time a US space mission is mentioned should I just reply with "Made in the USA"?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting article.
Hopefully there will be more information soon.

• Like 1

I guess the Chinese did not steal enough space technologies from the U.S. Russia and EU. Time to get those Chinese Hackers a hacking.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Nzo said:

I guess the Chinese did not steal enough space technologies from the U.S. Russia and EU. Time to get those Chinese Hackers a hacking.

What?

Firstly there is no malfunction with Tiangong 2, rather rendering your comment meaningless to begin with. 

Secondly, the EU? I think you mean ESA, a very different organisation. 

Thirdly the Chinese have had a space programme for decades, launching their first satellite on 1970. They have been developing their rockets since long before there was such a thing as hacking. 

Lastly there manned programme has been developed in open cooperation with Russia. They bought Soyuz technology from them.

That's not to say that the Chinese won't steal technology from the west if and when they can, but if you believe thst nations like the US aren't doing the same thing then you are extremely naive. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

What?

Firstly there is no malfunction with Tiangong 2, rather rendering your comment meaningless to begin with. 

Secondly, the EU? I think you mean ESA, a very different organisation. 

Thirdly the Chinese have had a space programme for decades, launching their first satellite on 1970. They have been developing their rockets since long before there was such a thing as hacking. 

Lastly there manned programme has been developed in open cooperation with Russia. They bought Soyuz technology from them.

That's not to say that the Chinese won't steal technology from the west if and when they can, but if you believe thst nations like the US aren't doing the same thing then you are extremely naive. 

The Chinese have been stealing technology from the west since the doors to Mordor were opened back in the 80s. You make it sound like the U.S. and its allies are stealing tech, when they are hacking to see what China is up to. The Chinese have become not only an economic threat(which all countries have felt quite considerably) but now they are trying to steal whole oceans with their military. China does not have any tech of its own, its all procured(stolen) technology. You might be mistaking China for Japan. Now Japan has some serious tech, probably the best tech in the world. From future car battery tech to nanotechnologies. I love the Japanese, well except the hunting of whales, killing of dolphins and placing nuclear power plants on earthquake prone areas of the country.

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2018 at 7:40 PM, Nzo said:

The Chinese have been stealing technology from the west since the doors to Mordor were opened back in the 80s.

I know, which is why I said:

On 6/30/2018 at 12:15 PM, Waspie_Dwarf said:

That's not to say that the Chinese won't steal technology from the west if and when they can

You make it sound like the U.S. and its allies are stealing tech, when they are hacking to see what China is up to.

Because we are the good guys and are never naughty. Really! You truly are naive.

China does not have any tech of its own, its all procured(stolen) technology

Total nonsense. Do you know which county invented the rocket?

All I can say is that if you truly believe that all China's tech is stolen then you must also believe that the CIA are the most useless organisation on the planet as it seems that the Chinese can steal from the USA whatever and whenever it wants. You must have a lot of contempt for the USA if you think it is that useless at protecting it's secrets.

• Like 1

You make it sound like the U.S. and its allies are stealing tech, when they are hacking to see what China is up to.

Not only is the US government involved in industrial espionage, it is spying on it allies:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-security-snowden-germany/snowden-says-nsa-engages-in-industrial-espionage-tv-idUSBREA0P0DE20140126

https://qz.com/105490/how-the-us-government-uses-information-from-spying-on-foreign-companies/

https://theintercept.com/2014/09/05/us-governments-plans-use-economic-espionage-benefit-american-corporations/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You went to all that trouble to prove nothing... FYI China is not an ally and they never were.

I know, which is why I said:

Because we are the good guys and are never naughty. Really! You truly are naive.

Total nonsense. Do you know which county invented the rocket?

All I can say is that if you truly believe that all China's tech is stolen then you must also believe that the CIA are the most useless organisation on the planet as it seems that the Chinese can steal from the USA whatever and whenever it wants. You must have a lot of contempt for the USA if you think it is that useless at protecting it's secrets.

You sure like to imagine what I am thinking. Wrong on all counts.