Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Genetic links to psychic ability?

rusty_shackleford

Have any of you ever wondered what makes some people more prone to having these abilities than others? I'm trying to look into this with a few friends, is there anything you could tell me about yourself that separates you from the rest of the herd? We have a chat room but I don't want my thread to be deleted for spam.

I sought an answer for this for many years. The answer is hereditary schizo-typal, or full on schizophrenia, and thought addictions.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, davros of skaro said:

I sought an answer for this for many years. The answer is hereditary schizo-typal, or full on schizophrenia, and thought addictions.

Are you saying all of these people are schizophrenic on top of being "psychics" or just schizophrenic?

2 hours ago, rusty_shackleford said:

Are you saying all of these people are schizophrenic on top of being "psychics" or just schizophrenic?

No. A good majority are scam artists.

Why don't you put them to the test, or search YouTube "psychic debunked".

If I was psychic, I would put an end to many horrible things like child trafficking for example.

No psychic crime force anywhere. Do you see any psychic crime force taking a bite out of crime?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, davros of skaro said:

No. A good majority are scam artists.

Why don't you put them to the test, or search YouTube "psychic debunked".

If I was psychic, I would put an end to many horrible things like child trafficking for example.

No psychic crime force anywhere. Do you see any psychic crime force taking a bite out of crime?

Well, We're not really looking at people who charge 5.99 a minute to tell you where uncle JimBob's lost treasure is hidden, We're more interested in people who can actually be put to the test. Telepathy, Precognition, Intuition, All things that are hard to "sell" but not very hard to prove. Of course these people are rare but what better place to find them than this forum?

If you're hearing voices you are crazy. If you're seeing things that aren't there, your crazy. If you get those spooky feelings, you're probably paranoid. If you're not crazy then your delusional. Are you've convinced yourself so fully of a lie that you believe you've got some irrational 'superpower'. FYI intuition isn't a psychic ability, it's a psychological function, a nudge from the subconscious. Part of our instinct. Plus our brains love patterns and we see patterns in damn near anything and everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

If you're hearing voices you are crazy. If you're seeing things that aren't there, your crazy. If you get those spooky feelings, you're probably paranoid. If you're not crazy then your delusional. Are you've convinced yourself so fully of a lie that you believe you've got some irrational 'superpower'. FYI intuition isn't a psychic ability, it's a psychological function, a nudge from the subconscious. Part of our instinct. Plus our brains love patterns and we see patterns in damn near anything and everything.

I may be a total nutjob but i don't hear voices or see things that aren't there or have any 'superpowers' and the intuition i mentioned means something a little different than that.

If I haven't made it clear already, I DO NOT  have any unusual abilities, But you look like you might be more fascinated with it than I am. Do you have any experiences/stories you'd like to share?

2 minutes ago, rusty_shackleford said:

Do you have any experiences/stories you'd like to share?

Yes. It's all a dead end. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, rusty_shackleford said:

Have any of you ever wondered what makes some people more prone to having these abilities than others? I'm trying to look into this with a few friends, is there anything you could tell me about yourself that separates you from the rest of the herd? We have a chat room but I don't want my thread to be deleted for spam.

I've thought about this too (but I am not a psychic myself). Some speculations:

More right-brained (probably heavy genetics there)

Soul history too

3 hours ago, rusty_shackleford said:

Well, We're not really looking at people who charge 5.99 a minute to tell you where uncle JimBob's lost treasure is hidden, We're more interested in people who can actually be put to the test. Telepathy, Precognition, Intuition, All things that are hard to "sell" but not very hard to prove. Of course these people are rare but what better place to find them than this forum?

Oh. You should have said that in the first place.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCTNr4WPOQ97HRxlAVg5HCPC5IixISI-M

• Like 2

On 6/27/2018 at 11:41 PM, papageorge1 said:

I've thought about this too (but I am not a psychic myself). Some speculations:

More right-brained (probably heavy genetics there)

Soul history too

Glad to see someone has given it some thought at least. Any experiences with those people personally?

On 6/28/2018 at 12:38 AM, davros of skaro said:

Oh. You should have said that in the first place.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCTNr4WPOQ97HRxlAVg5HCPC5IixISI-M

Lots of good information in those videos but it's still not quite fitting with what we're looking into(cold reading psychics and stage magicians pulling rabbits out of their pants).

24 minutes ago, rusty_shackleford said:

Glad to see someone has given it some thought at least. Any experiences with those people personally?

I don't work with psychics myself. My views are based on a lifetime of observation and considering arguments/theories.

I'll also add another group of people that I believe are more psychic; those that have had near death experience and even mind expanding experiences with psychoactive substances. It seems these experiences stretch channels of perception into the other dimensional realms of reality.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:06 AM, davros of skaro said:

I would agree.

Though I firmly believe in the paranormal, I feel that there is a significant portion of "events" that are the misinterpreted result of significant mental illness, such as you described.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't work with psychics myself. My views are based on a lifetime of observation and considering arguments/theories.

I'll also add another group of people that I believe are more psychic; those that have had near death experience and even mind expanding experiences with psychoactive substances. It seems these experiences stretch channels of perception into the other dimensional realms of reality.

Yes. It is pretty much accepted in the world of physics that there are other dimensions beyond those that we commonly know.

Whether those other dimensions are capable of harboring life is unknown, and of course fully up to speculation.

10 hours ago, pallidin said:

Yes. It is pretty much accepted in the world of physics that there are other dimensions beyond those that we commonly know.

Whether those other dimensions are capable of harboring life is unknown, and of course fully up to speculation.

Well I also think the psychic senses can perceive and tell us about things that physics can not yet. I believe even our normal consciousness involves interpenetrating extra-dimensional bodies (astral/mental). Our physical senses and instruments only directly perceive our familiar three dimensions.

This is a curious and difficult subject.

It is my hope that we will gain further knowledge.

Loved the video about psychic failures. The Sylvia Browne scams are well known. It had all of usual frauds in it plus many I was not aware of.

• Haha 1

My mother was extremely ....intuitive... I guess I'll call it.  She would state something and then add .."l just know it".

and somehow she did.  I inherited a portion of her intuitive tendencies.   

I've heard it stated as scientific fact that time ,and space, can be somewhat malleable ....  Why couldn't conciousness be somewhat fluid as well?    Not everything has to be ABC building block rigid...that seems to me to be s very limited way of viewing reality.

Why can't we  just accept that there will always be some mystery in the universe and existence?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/28/2018 at 11:33 AM, rusty_shackleford said:

Well, I thought Quantum Mechanics and specifically entaglement, opened the door to possibilities that everything in the universe is connected, including telepaphy, intuition etc.  So, may be in the distant future....

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 12:49 PM, papageorge1 said:

Well I also think the psychic senses can perceive and tell us about things that physics can not yet. I believe even our normal consciousness involves interpenetrating extra-dimensional bodies (astral/mental). Our physical senses and instruments only directly perceive our familiar three dimensions.

What is your opinion on Bigfoot being psychic? There's over 30 years of millions of hunter's trail cams with increasing technology that the creature has to sense in order to avoid.

2 hours ago, davros of skaro said:

What is your opinion on Bigfoot being psychic? There's over 30 years of millions of hunter's trail cams with increasing technology that the creature has to sense in order to avoid.

Odd flip of subject to Bigfoot. I do believe Bigfoot most likely exists and involves things we call paranormal. As to trail cams, we are talking about the teeniest percentage of nature, and I heard of some captures that were (disputed of course) suspected of being Bigfoot. I do not know if Bigfoot senses the cameras or not or even how much Bigfoot is even available to our normal senses.

As nobody has ever demonstrated measurable, reproducable 'psychic' abilities, then the question of a genetic link is surely somewhat moot ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Odd flip of subject to Bigfoot. I do believe Bigfoot most likely exists and involves things we call paranormal. As to trail cams, we are talking about the teeniest percentage of nature, and I heard of some captures that were (disputed of course) suspected of being Bigfoot. I do not know if Bigfoot senses the cameras or not or even how much Bigfoot is even available to our normal senses.

What do you think of BF being Atlantean survivors? Wether they were the sole occupants, or a product of Atlantean genetic experiments?

On 27/06/2018 at 7:49 AM, rusty_shackleford said:

Maybe prove that "these abilities" exist first, then we can talk about what causes them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davros of skaro said:

What do you think of BF being Atlantean survivors? Wether they were the sole occupants, or a product of Atlantean genetic experiments?

I do indeed believe that Bigfoot and Atlantis have something in common :P

• Haha 2