Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"If you talk to God, you're Fired"

pallidin

Only in America.

• Like 1

Hmmm... was he REALLY fired for praying, or where there other incidents ? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmmm... was he REALLY fired for praying, or where there other incidents ? 

There is a "claim" that he was proselytizing on school grounds beyond his "personal prayer"... Not sure about the details or varacity.

17 minutes ago, pallidin said:

There is a "claim" that he was proselytizing on school grounds beyond his "personal prayer"... Not sure about the details or varacity.

So we'll just leap to the conclusion that this man was unjustly fired for being Christian, right?.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

So we'll just leap to the conclusion that this man was unjustly fired for being Christian, right?.

Not at all I just thought it was an interesting story with some unknowns.

check the news item I linked. He wasn't just 'quietly taking a knee'.

• Like 2

I suppose it depends on the job. If you're an airline pilot, say, chatting to God might prompt a few people to look at you askance. Similarly if you were a surgeon in the middle of an operation. It might prompt the nurse to quietly move the scalpel out of reach. :unsure: 

• Haha 3

Can't read the article in the EU.

6 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

check the news item I linked. He wasn't just 'quietly taking a knee'.

I understand that.

I'm just reporting the news, not defending him.

@pallidin I get that, I am just presenting a less biased accounting of the incident.

A few years back, there was a mild to-do about a group of Christians who were allegedly arrested for praying in public. At least, that was the spin that the Christian media outlets tried to put on it.

It turned out that the group decided to set up a little protest against an LGBT rally. The rally had all the proper permits, the Xtians did not. And when they decided to heckle, harangue, and harass the crowd, the Police stepped in. The group was arrested for:

- lack of proper permits for a public meeting

- disturbing the peace

- resisting arrest

and NOT for praying in public. 

• Like 2

I think I remember this guy being in the news some years back. Well, if this is the same guy. (His firing was in 2015, right?) Anyways, like Jodie posted it, it seems he was making sure he had an audience. (Well, that's what I remember reading when I first originally read this new's bit about year or so ago.) And when he was given the opportunity to be able to pray, (within private, yet on the job means) he ended up going back to making sure he had an audience. And an audience that didn't  share his belief system. (To me, makes me wonder at his thought process for doing this.) 

So, if we look at it in the original way of how the thought of for this thread, he was allowed to 'talk to God'. He just wasn't allowed to 'encourage' or 'shame' others into helping him 'talk to God'. That's how I see it. 

And to add: Reading about the Satanist's goal, (did I read that right?) for wanting to do something similar, shows a precedent for others to do the same. Did the ex-coach realize this was going to happen? 

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
Just to add something.......
  • Like 1