Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video of 'haunted swing' goes viral

Still Waters

A video of a swing rocking in a small children’s park has gone viral across social media platforms leaving some baffled and amused. The footage purportedly shows two sets of swing in a park, and while one is static the other ones moves forward and backward on its own without anyone sitting on it. The eerie movement of the swing also scared those who captured the video.

The fact that in the video only one swing keeps moving and quite rigorously in the end, has stunned many.

https://indianexpress.com/article/trending/viral-videos-trending/haunted-swing-bhoot-jhoola-viral-video-5232846/

• Like 5

I like this stuff. Let's plug some data into the old Papameter and see how she reads.

Could easily be faked....pulls negative

Video did start in the middle of a vigorous swing (if  it started from a still position why would they have been filming)....pulls positive

Some people like hoaxing for the fun of it........pulls negative

Most people are scrupulous......pulls positive

Not the first haunted swing I have heard claimed....pulls positive

If you are conducting a hoax it's great to use a swing with two seats to show comparison......pulls negative

The media nowadays....pulls negative

Sounds like the kind of thing a child spirit would be attracted to (toys and the like)...….pulls positive

Can't get the meter much off dead-center. Read-out: 35% paranormal ….. 65% Hoax …... 0% Natural Phenomena 

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ok, I will first off admit, I thought it was cool to watch. :D  And I noticed, when the swing started to swing again, how the seat of the swing was tilting up in one direction, like if someone was sitting on it and was swinging like they were leaning back with their legs stretched out. 

But, there was something not right with it, if I was going to watch this with the impression and invisible individual was on it swinging. For one, and it could be me, but there didn't seem to be much slack to the swing, like it was being weighted down. I actually went to view videos of people, kids, swinging on swings, and it seemed to me, like the swing was being pressed down with their weight. The swing seat in this video, seemed to be too loose and free from being weighed down. The swing base was going all over the place, like there is no weight on it. 

I wonder, if it was possible to attach a string  on it and someone hiding was pulling it. I have a feeling, those recording the video, may not have a clue it was being done, if this is the case. 

But, this could be me. *shrugs* 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Video did start in the middle of a vigorous swing (if  it started from a still position why would they have been filming)....check positive

I did noticed that. I thought it would be interesting to see the video, if it was showing the start of the swing being swung. Kind of like seeing it start up again, in the middle of it. 

Then again, it's not like they were prepared for it. I mean, you see something happening, and then pull out your phone to record it, and of course, you get it past when the event started. I would think, that would make sense. Who is recording all of the time with their phone? ;) But, how convenient for them, that the swing slowed down and started up for them again? :D  ;)  

4 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

But, there was something not right with it, if I was going to watch this with the impression and invisible individual was on it swinging. 

Not so sure we should expect a ghost to effect the thing mechanically like a physically weighted child though.

3 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

But, how convenient for them, that the swing slowed down and started up for them again? :D  ;)  

You say convenient, but if I was orchestrating a hoax, I'm not sure that helps or hurts the case. Perhaps helps slightly, yes.

Wind vortex. It's right next to a tree and there's definitely a good breeze going, and as experiments have shown two swings being next to each other does NOT mean they both have to move in the wind. It's all about wind direction and placement of objects around it (like that tree).

100% not paranormal like every other idiotic swing video out there. Why people keep filming this crap and getting scared by it is beyond me.

P.S. stubby dooright, the quote under your profile makes no sense. You have to ADD two letters to "short", making it "shorter".

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, moonman said:

Wind vortex. It's right next to a tree and there's definitely a good breeze going, and as experiments have shown two swings being next to each other does NOT mean they both have to move in the wind. It's all about wind direction and placement of objects around it (like that tree).

100% not paranormal like every other idiotic swing video out there. Why people keep filming this crap and getting scared by it is beyond me.

I guess I haven't lived long enough yet to have seen everything:rofl:

To my understanding this was 'investigated' and it was determined to be the result of the wind and the vibrational characteristics of the swing set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In other words this phenomenon at that location is repeatable which sparked interest.

During investigation it was noted, however, that the phenomenon did not occur during no winds.

What was unusual was that the swing-seat movement was not entirely accounted for by the wind.

Thus, the investigators looked at the swing-set itself and it was determined that the hollow swing-set frame is causing acoustic vibrations in such a way to further amplify the swing-seat movement.

It does appear odd, but has been fully explained, to my understanding.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

If I recall correctly, it was the local government that commissioned the investigation due to public concern, and was done on a strictly scientific basis.

Of note, that particular swing-set still resides at that location and, that the natural, though understandably odd phenomenon, can be observed to this day.

Edited by pallidin

Scientifically explained and debunked, yet certain people will keep touting how "unexplained" it is and how there's such a good chance of ghosts making it move. That kind of ignorance just p***es me off, it makes us all dumber.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 4

(Note the ghost on the _right-hand side_, just quietly playing cards with Snuffleupagus)

Are you freakin' kidding me?  It's obviously fake as the motion is exactly what would happen if they had multiple thin lines attached to it and someone was pulling it.  Why do these videos make me mad?  Who do they think they're fooling?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Noxasa said:

Are you freakin' kidding me?  It's obviously fake as the motion is exactly what would happen if they had multiple thin lines attached to it and someone was pulling it.  Why do these videos make me mad?  Who do they think they're fooling?

This was not fishing line... Just a bizarre but now understood natural phenomenon.

I saw this a long time ago. A couple years ago maybe. I think it's the same one. Definitely not ghosts.

• Like 1

Many strange things occurring by natural reasons, we just don't comprehend them at first sight. So strange that only one moves !

8 hours ago, pallidin said:

In other words this phenomenon at that location is repeatable which sparked interest.

During investigation it was noted, however, that the phenomenon did not occur during no winds.

What was unusual was that the swing-seat movement was not entirely accounted for by the wind.

Thus, the investigators looked at the swing-set itself and it was determined that the hollow swing-set frame is causing acoustic vibrations in such a way to further amplify the swing-seat movement.

It does appear odd, but has been fully explained, to my understanding.

Do you have a source for that? This one is in India apparently. Any cases with this violent motion especially towards the end. The trees show nothing more than perhaps the faintest of breeze.

This is so freaken scary. People still record vertically with their cameras instead of horizontal. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, davros of skaro said:

This is so freaken scary. People still record vertically with their cameras instead of horizontal. 

IKR? What the **** is wrong with people? I hate that so much...Probably too much, but still.

• Like 1

Maybe the ghost was a Swinger when he was alive...:w00t: