Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NJ limits guns and clips to 10 rounds

OverSword

The state of New Jersey, which is known for its strict gun laws, has tightened regulations with new legislation that gives citizens 180 days to surrender all firearms and magazines that hold more than 10 rounds —and if they are caught with the newly illegal contraband, they will be treated as criminals.

The new rules are courtesy of Assembly Bill 2761, which was recently passed by the state. The bill’s purpose is to reduce “maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds,” and the text states that citizens will have 180 days to comply:

During the 180-day period, the bill states that citizens can get rid of their firearms and magazines by:

• Transfer the semi-automatic rifle or magazine to any person or firm lawfully entitled to own or possess that firearm or magazine;
  • Render the semi-automatic rifle or magazine inoperable or permanently modify a large capacity ammunition magazine to accept 10 rounds or less;
  • Voluntarily surrender the semi-automatic rifle or magazine

Source

• Like 2

it's been like that in nyc for 10 years at least, for handguns , rifles are limited to 5.

but no worries gangs in Camden and Newark will keep their full auto and banana clips.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I predict the result of this legislation will be to create at least 3/4 million new criminals that are otherwise law abiding citizens and that this legislation will do nothing to deter people that are already actual criminals.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

gvmnt does not care about gangs or people's safety, they need customers for prison cartel, and this way they will have 3\4 of new none violent customers. they do not want to deal with gangs that shoot back

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hatecraft said:

Clips?

One of the mysteries of life. Magazines used to be called clips. Like Allen wrenches suddenly turned into the hex keys when they took away Allen's cut. :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2018 at 2:27 PM, aztek said:

it's been like that in nyc for 10 years at least, for handguns , rifles are limited to 5.

but no worries gangs in Camden and Newark will keep their full auto and banana clips.

How are they able to get away with such clear violations of the constitutional rights of the citizens?

• Like 3

Just now, Uncle Sam said:

How are they able to get away with such clear violations of the constitutional rights of the citizens?

because they can, and because feds do absolutely nothing to put them in place

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 3:43 PM, OverSword said:

I predict the result of this legislation will be to create at least 3/4 million new criminals that are otherwise law abiding citizens and that this legislation will do nothing to deter people that are already actual criminals.

What a great way to screw the law abiding citizens.  

So my .22 that can hold 16 rounds would have to be turned in?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Myles said:

Disobeying laws that make no sense and help no one is virtuous.

Just now, Myles said:

yes, i had to sell my Marlin 880 bolt action .22 with 7 rounds magazine ,  but if 5 rounders were available i would not have to,  i kept my lever action, with 10 round mag, only  because gunsmith permanently altered the tube to accept no more than 4 rounds,

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 6:43 PM, hatecraft said:

Clips?

It's what the gun-grabbers (who think they're so smart about guns) call magazines.  Sorta like whenever they wring their hands over "high powered rifle"....as if there's such a thing as a low-powered rifle.

• Like 2

If you can't hit your target in less than 10 shots you shouldn't be shooting.

20 hours ago, Menhir said:

It's what the gun-grabbers (who think they're so smart about guns) call magazines.  Sorta like whenever they wring their hands over "high powered rifle"....as if there's such a thing as a low-powered rifle.

A low powered rifle is a .22. Low powered but high velocity.

6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

According to who?  Seriously, what right does anyone - especially the government - have to tell a person what they need regarding self-defense?  2A isn't a suggestion, it's as immutable as the sunrise.  The fact that some people don't value that RIGHT does not remove it for everyone else.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

According to who?  Seriously, what right does anyone - especially the government - have to tell a person what they need regarding self-defense?  2A isn't a suggestion, it's as immutable as the sunrise.  The fact that some people don't value that RIGHT does not remove it for everyone else.

So then, RPG's should be legal for self defense?

Nephew had an over/under that could shoot one. All he could get legally here in Canada though was a ball he could launch from his RPG.

Governments shouldn't have that right?

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Says who-? Could be multiple assailants.  And contrary to what a lot of armchair experts think they know, anything other than a shot to rhe brain does not guarantee an immediate stop.

Edited by Menhir

49 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

A low powered rifle is a .22. Low powered but high velocity.

And, once again, someone who doesn't know ballistics, guns, shooting, etc. pontificates to those of us who do.

.22lr is "high velocity"-? Compared to what?  

Edited by Menhir

13 minutes ago, Menhir said:

.22lr is "high velocity"-? Compared to what?  

Feet per second. Yes velocity is also a vector.

Edited by Likely Guy

18 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Feet per second. Yes velocity is also a vector.

.22lr -even talking about faster loads fired from long barrels- is a relatively low velocity compared to most centerfire rifles and a lot of hangdun calibers.

Edited by Menhir

17 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Yes velocity is also a vector.

That's a non-sensical statement; as in, you don't seem to know what "vector" means.

11 minutes ago, Menhir said:

That's a non-sensical statement; as in, you don't seem to know what "vector" means.

ve·loc·i·ty
vəˈläsədē/
noun
noun: velocity; plural noun: velocities
  1. the speed of something in a given direction.
    "the velocities of the emitted particles"
    • (in general use) speed.

"In a given direction" is also known as a 'vector'. Velocity is a physical vector quantity; both magnitude and direction are needed to define it.

Edited by Likely Guy

Like I said: "Velocity is also a vector." is a non-sensical statement.  "Velocity" and "vector" are not synonymous or interchangeable. 

Vector can be a component of velocity (altough when measuring velocity, i.e. projectile speed, the direction of travel is rarely if ever a concern) - but that doesn't make velocity a vector.

See, this is what you get when someone tries to pontificate about something of which he has no practical knowledge/hands-on experience.  It's like reading a passage that was originally written in Chinese and then run through one of those online translation apps: the words are there but it just doesn't make sense.

Edited by Menhir

10 minutes ago, Menhir said:

Like I said: "Velocity is also a vector." is a non-sensical statement.  "Velocity" and "vector" are not synonymous or interchangeable. 

Vector can be a component of velocity (altough when measuring velocity, i.e. projectile speed, the direction of travel is rarely if ever a concern) - but that doesn't make velocity a vector.

See, this is what you get when someone tries to pontificate about something of which he has no practical knowledge/hands-on experience.  It's like reading a passage that was originally written in Chinese and then run through one of those online translation apps: the words are there but it just doesn't make sense.

Velocity also implies a vector.

There are you satisfied, you pedantic prig?

Just now, Likely Guy said:

Velocity also implies a vector.

There are you satisfied, you pedantic prig?

Blah. Blah, blah...name calling...blah, blah, blah....

Why don't you 'splain how direction of travel factors into making a particular caliber "high velocity".  Write it in such a way that a former miltary long range marksman such as I can understand 'cause like, I'm sure I just didn't get enough training or shoot enough to really understand what I was doing.

I mean, my DOPE book only logged 33,712 shots in 14 different calibers.  Educate me, Maestro.

LOL