Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NJ limits guns and clips to 10 rounds

OverSword

2 minutes ago, Menhir said:

You make some really sloppy posts and 15 mins later hope nobody notices.

Nah man I make really sloppy posts and immediately don't really care if anyone notices. Not intentionally but I generally only get on here while at work so nailing appropriate verbiage isn't always the top of my priorities. 

2 minutes ago, Menhir said:

You posted that little nugget re: "banana clips" about this time yesterday in this thread.  Not "old" at all.  

IDK man if we've already conversed multiple times since the post was made I would consider it old. 

Edited by Farmer77

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yes that is my proposition, not my interpretation. 

Blah, blah, blah...you're hiding behind "I never declared verbatim this to be my "interpretation" so you can't interpret all that stuff I said in a post about the 2nd A about gun restrictions I advocate and mandatory militia service I advocate and personal defense I dismiss and so forth as representing my position on the 2nd blah blah blah..."

You're dishonest at every step and turn.

• Like 1

Just now, Menhir said:

You're dishonest at every step and turn.

Nah im just a real human with complex thought patterns and not the cut out stereotype you think you're attacking. 

29 minutes ago, Menhir said:

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) SCOTUS held that the 2nd Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a gun and the right is NOT connected with service in a militia for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home and that Washington, D.C.'s handgun ban violated this guaranteed right. 

Just so the meaningful  important stuff doesn't get overshadowed by the yowling gun-hate speech of the anti-2nd A contingent here.

2 hours ago, Menhir said:

Some more quotes by American elected officials -and  high level judge- about banning/seizing/confiscating guns.

I do not believe in people owning guns. Guns should be owned only by [the] police and military. I am going to do everything I can to disarm this state.” - Michael Dukakis

“I think you have to do it a step at a time and I think that is what the NRA is most concerned about. Is that it will happen one very small step at a time so that by the time, um, people have woken up, quote, to what’s happened, it’s gone farther than what they feel the consensus of American citizens would be. But it does have to go one step at a time and the banning of semiassault military weapons that are military weapons, not household weapons, is the first step. Mayor Barbara Fass, Stockton, CA

We want everything on the table. This is a moment of opportunity. There’s no question about it…We’re on a roll now, and I think we’ve got to take the–you know, we're gonna push as hard as we can and as far as we can.” Illinois Rep Jan Schakowsky says assault rifle ban just the beginning, ‘moment of opportunity’ and seeks to ban handguns (2013).

People who own guns are essentially a sickness in our souls who must be cleansed.” Colorado Senator (Majority Leader) John Morse. 2013

No one in this country should have guns.” Superior Court Judge, Robert C. Brunetti, Bristol, CT. September, 2013

Some more important stuff to remember whenever the wouldbe gun-grabbers tell you

"Nooooooooo! Nobody in government wants to take ALL your guns! They just want to have reasonable restrictions on assault guns that have no real place in hunting and are only good for slaughtering innocents.  You don't want anyone to slaughter innocents do you?"

STAY WOKE!

Edited by Menhir

Well, I didn't check out the supposed "link" because the poster delights in grade school antics like posting links to Google home page...but I'm confidant that if it's anything significant, President Trump will fix it. 

Or the coming new Supreme Court. 

I am confidant a lot (more) "stuff" is going to feel the sting of a healthy dose of Constitutional antiseptic that will halt and heal the internal septic rot that's been festering in America for some some now...especially Jan 2009 - Jan 2017.

Edited by Menhir

6 hours ago, Menhir said:

(Sarcasm on) Yes, good thing the 5 Lin family members were only bludgeoned to death.  I'm sure they were grateful they weren't killed in a "proper" way.

Good thing someone in the family didn't have a gun, too.  They might have successfully defended themselves and lived.

I know, I know; gun haters don't care about home defense.  (Sarcasm off)

First, a map of all mass shootings that have occurred in the United States in 2015, up to and including the deadliest incident so far, the San Bernardino shooting on December 2nd.. That attack claimed the lives of 14 victims and both perpetrators, as well as injuring a further 23 people.

Boston_Globe_MST_Map.png?1449446611

The opacity of the red blobs on the map reflects the geographic density of mass shootings, their size the number of casualties claimed by each. Contrast that with the second map, showing all the mass shootings that have occurred in Australia since 1996.

Twitter_Australia_Mass_Shootings_Since_1

https://bigthink.com/strange-maps/mass-shooting-maps-compared

_98140705_gun_comparison_640_v2-nc.png

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

51fd6d40-2abd-4a58-9e24-7ac72fd4fbde.png

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

that last link is rather interesting.. and a bit telling.. worth having a read.. if you can keep a open mind.. which to be honest.. the way you post.. I would find that highly doubtful..

again.. gun control does work.. but.. once again I will say... what worked here.. would not work there.. 

I am not one that says people should not own guns.. actually I am against that idea.. people should be able to own a gun if they wish.. but.. there should be laws around that.. 

you see any change as a infringement.. rather then looking at a solution that would work for everyone.. you do not want the change.. your so wrapped up in your own personal paranoia and fear.. that you do not want a change..

and yes.. you are paranoid.. and you are scared.. to say you need to have a gun for self defense against a tyrannical gov.. home invasion.. its kind of sad and I do honestly pity you.. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

and yes.. you are paranoid.. and you are scared.. to say you need to have a gun for self defense against a tyrannical gov.. home invasion.. its kind of sad and I do honestly pity you.. 

I'll see your charts, maps, graps and bell curves and trump you with...

The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United Ststes of America; a nation that was founded by using guns to throw off the yoke of a tyrannical government.  How was your nation started? As a penal colony if I remember the paragraph from my World History book concerning Australia's historical contributions.

As for being "paranoid" about home invasion; for starters, the term "home inasion" in the American lexicon doesn't refer to an invasion by government but by violent criminals.  The kind that break into homes and brutalize people in countries all around the world- including Oz:

VICTORIANS are terrified and rightfully so.

Every morning they wake to news of another violent home invasion overnight. A knife held to a pensioner’s throat. Children screaming as masked men hover over their beds. Intruders using crowbars and baseball bats to terrorise homeowners.

In January and February this year, homes were broken into by armed men in Cranbourne, St Albans, Albion, Brighton, Bayswater, Skye, Mentone, Taylor’s Hill, Hillside, Ascot Vale and Geelong.

I won't post the whole article here but after reading it and many others about violent crime in Australia - much of which could have been stopped by an armed citizen- it's bizarrely hilarious to see an Aussie simper and smirk about how much better off Australia is since guns were largely banned.

By the way: the article has a map with dots and so forth so no doubt you'll love it. 

"...its kind of sad and I do honestly pity you."

Save your pity for your fellow Aussies who suffer assault, rape and murder at the hands of thugs against whom they have little or no defense, due in no small part to people such as you who supported the government gun ban.

Woman stabbed, sexually assaulted inside Doveton home

Edited by Menhir

On 7/1/2018 at 9:19 AM, pallidin said:

The US government is not your enemy, people.

We are compassionate, yet firm on issues which affect societal stability.

Or would you rather us be torn into a third-world country with gangs everywhere and unregulated assault weaponry in their hands?

We? What's this "we" assumptions you're making here? You sound like you work for the government.

On 7/1/2018 at 9:43 AM, pallidin said:

Talked with an avid gun enthusiast.

He says the government is "chipping away" our right to "bear arms"

That is total bull****. The government has zero desire to remove your standard handgun or rifle.

However, ownership of weaponry that can inflict massive harm on multiple people's, such as high capacity magazines, assault rifles and modification kits have absolutely no place in common society.

Well, unless you're a paranoid anarchist, or gang member, I suppose.

I'd rather be paranoid then be naive and trust our government. How can you be so damn naive? Well, unless you do work for the government and that explains everything.

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

From your link;

Forty-three states now have laws preventing municipal governments from passing gun regulations that go further than state ones. Six of the remaining seven ─ California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York and New Jersey — already have restrictive gun laws, said J. Adam Skaggs, chief counsel of the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Well at least 43 states had enough sense to block local rising dictators from trying to disarm the public. I guess we got that going for us. Good lord! There is always some A-hole trying to oppress the rest of us and the first step of course is taking the guns.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DingoLingo said:

First, a map of all mass shootings that have occurred in the United States in 2015, up to and including the deadliest incident so far, the San Bernardino shooting on December 2nd.. That attack claimed the lives of 14 victims and both perpetrators, as well as injuring a further 23 people.

Boston_Globe_MST_Map.png?1449446611

The opacity of the red blobs on the map reflects the geographic density of mass shootings, their size the number of casualties claimed by each. Contrast that with the second map, showing all the mass shootings that have occurred in Australia since 1996.

Twitter_Australia_Mass_Shootings_Since_1

https://bigthink.com/strange-maps/mass-shooting-maps-compared

_98140705_gun_comparison_640_v2-nc.png

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

51fd6d40-2abd-4a58-9e24-7ac72fd4fbde.png

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

that last link is rather interesting.. and a bit telling.. worth having a read.. if you can keep a open mind.. which to be honest.. the way you post.. I would find that highly doubtful..

again.. gun control does work.. but.. once again I will say... what worked here.. would not work there.. 

I am not one that says people should not own guns.. actually I am against that idea.. people should be able to own a gun if they wish.. but.. there should be laws around that.. 

you see any change as a infringement.. rather then looking at a solution that would work for everyone.. you do not want the change.. your so wrapped up in your own personal paranoia and fear.. that you do not want a change..

Only problem with your graphs are they simply arent right and are clearly written by a person with an agenda.  

I dont got the time right now to go into much detail but using the same definition of mass shooting that is used in America there has been mass shootings done in Australia since 1996.  

There was the Osmington shooting, 2014 Sydney hostage crisis, Wedderburn shooting, 2011 Hectorville siege, Monash University shooting, and Wright St. Bikie murders are all events that would be classified as mass shooting in America.

Its important to mention that the definition of mass shooting is very vague and lose ranging anywhere from 3 or more people being shot regardless of who they are and if they survived or not to 2 people being injured with a gun present whether the gun was used to cause the injuries or not as long as it was fired at least once.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Menhir said:

I'll see your charts, maps, graps and bell curves and trump you with...

The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United Ststes of America; a nation that was founded by using guns to throw off the yoke of a tyrannical government.  How was your nation started? As a penal colony if I remember the paragraph from my World History book concerning Australia's historical contributions.

As for being "paranoid" about home invasion; for starters, the term "home inasion" in the American lexicon doesn't refer to an invasion by government but by violent criminals.  The kind that break into homes and brutalize people in countries all around the world- including Oz:

VICTORIANS are terrified and rightfully so.

Every morning they wake to news of another violent home invasion overnight. A knife held to a pensioner’s throat. Children screaming as masked men hover over their beds. Intruders using crowbars and baseball bats to terrorise homeowners.

In January and February this year, homes were broken into by armed men in Cranbourne, St Albans, Albion, Brighton, Bayswater, Skye, Mentone, Taylor’s Hill, Hillside, Ascot Vale and Geelong.

I won't post the whole article here but after reading it and many others about violent crime in Australia - much of which could have been stopped by an armed citizen- it's bizarrely hilarious to see an Aussie simper and smirk about how much better off Australia is since guns were largely banned.

By the way: the article has a map with dots and so forth so no doubt you'll love it. 

gods you do make me laugh .. 

sure home invasions.. yup.. they happen all over the world.. and you get more over there then we do here.. a lot more.. but hey.. your 2nd amendment gives you the right to have your kids shot and killed at schools..  and what was Don the Con's answer to that.. Arm the teachers I believe..  and what is accessory you can buy for your kids for school these days.. bullet proof backpacks.. 

yeah mate.. ok fair enough.. I wont waste my pity on you.. I will pity the next poor family over there that has their kid killed at school by a shooter.. i will pity them before they have people like you that prefer things like that to happen.. rather then doing something about changing it.. 

and that my friend.. is a cold hard fact.. you would rather see kids.. people etc killed by guns.. then trying to do something to change it.. all because some small change.. like the op of this thread.. you see as a infringement to your rights.. 

oh just a small edit.. America was also a Penal Colony.. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_colony

check up your own history mate.. 

Edited by DingoLingo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Well I tell you just like I told the government stooge - I'd rather be paranoid then be naive and trust our government. People are stupid if they trust government. History has shown that. Just because it's the 21st century does not mean there are not anymore power hungry A-holes out there, whom want to screw over the rest of us. We know good and damn well, there are some people in this country with allies across the oceans that want to see this country and it's citizens completely disarmed. You can't tell me there are not any people who think that way. So why in hell would we trust anybody on their usual rhetoric on preaching gun regulation?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gunn said:

Well I tell you just like I told the government stooge - I'd rather be paranoid then be naive and trust our government. People are stupid if they trust government. History has shown that. Just because it's the 21st century does not mean there are not anymore power hungry A-holes out there, whom want to screw over the rest of us. We know good and damn well, there are some people in this country with allies across the oceans that want to see this country and it's citizens completely disarmed. You can't tell me there are not any people who think that way. So why in hell would we trust anybody on their usual rhetoric on preaching gun regulation?

Mate not denying that.. there are yes.. both within your country and else where.. me as I said earlier.. I totally disagree with full disarming of people.. I am not a 'no guns person' I grew up with guns.. only stopped because I did not have the time.. nor money to keep shooting and my guns.. 

I am a gun control advocate.. and I truely believe there is a middle ground that both sides of the fence could agree on.. 

Edited by DingoLingo
stupid wireless keyboard and flat batteries

16 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

and that my friend.. is a cold hard fact.. you would rather see kids.. people etc killed by guns.. then trying to do something to change it.. all because some small change.. like the op of this thread.. you see as a infringement to your rights.. 

What- no more maps showing the vast, almost unpopulated interior Great Desert of Australia and crowing "No mass shootings here!" -???

The only way you could possibly hurt my feelings with one of your smarmy maps would be if you roll it up and poke me in my eye with it.  And good luck with that.

Did you send Eurydice Dixon any pity?  I never knew her but I'll bet if she had a choice, she'd rather have had a concealed carry gun vs. your pity after the fact.  

Eurydice Dixon was Raped and Murdered in Melbourne suburb

Should I emulate your low-road tactic and say you'd "rather see women raped and murdered than allow for concealed carry by law abiding citizens"-?

Edited by Menhir

9 minutes ago, Gunn said:

I'm reminded of the old saying:

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't prove they're not out to get me!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Menhir said:

What- no more maps showing the vast, almost unpopulated interior Great Desert of Australia and crowing "No mass shootings here!" -???

The only way you could possibly hurt my feelings with one of your smarmy maps would be if you roll it up and poke me in my eye with it.  And good luck with that.

Did you send Eurydice Dixon any pity?  I never knew her but I'll bet if she had a choice, she'd rather have had a concealed carry gun vs. your pity after the fact.  

Eurydice Dixon was Raped and Murdered in Melbourne suburb

Should I emulate your low-road tactic and say you'd "rather see women raped and murdered than allow for concealed carry by law abiding citizens"-?

heh you really are amusing, 

check the surveys mate, most australians do not want concealed carry here. The gun lobbyists here are trying to change the laws to bring back a number of guns that were banned, and guess what, they are not getting the support from the public they are looking for.

Even prior to our gun bans, it was very very rare for someone to shoot another in defense. When the buy back was happening, I do not recall anyone saying they wanted to keep their guns for personal defense 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Menhir said:

"...its kind of sad and I do honestly pity you."

Save your pity for your fellow Aussies who suffer assault, rape and murder at the hands of thugs against whom they have little or no defense, due in no small part to people such as you who supported the government gun ban.

Woman stabbed, sexually assaulted inside Doveton home

Yes, because the evidence clearly shows that ease of access to guns stops home invasions and rapes.

7 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Mate not denying that.. there are yes.. both within your country and else where.. me as I said earlier.. I totally disagree with full disarming of people.. I am not a 'no guns person' I grew up with guns.. only stopped because I did not have the time.. nor money to keep shooting and my guns.. 

I am a gun control advocate.. and I truely believe there is a middle ground that both sides of the fence could agree on.. 

I've already mention it here Ad nauseam many times before and the real solution is fixing mental health. But I get some people on here who think we still need more gun regulation along with that as well, and there not specifically meaning the people who make threats. They're still talking about more gun regulation for everybody, whether people make psychotic threats at other people or not. We don't need anymore gun regulation of any kind. It's so goddamn simple! Take care of problem at it's source, which is fixing mental health, and only mental health.

We had hardly any mass killing problems back in pre-1965, but some sadistic a-holes in the mental institutions and government bureaucrats screwed that all up. It was like Australia is now, it was very rare you ever heard of a gun massacre back then.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Check the surveys mate, most australians do not want concealed carry here. 

Yeah, we here in America got a good lesson about the veracity of polls written, asked and analyzed by "liberal" media outlets and think tanks during the 2016 presidential election.

Edited by Menhir
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes, because the evidence clearly shows that ease of access to guns stops home invasions and rapes.

When the would-be victims of home invasion, rape, and other violent crime avail themselves of their access, yes.  The overwhelming majority of victims are unarmed when violence is done to them.

Edited by Menhir

5 minutes ago, Menhir said:

Yeah, we here in America got a good lesson on how accurate polls written, asked and analyzed by "liberal" media outlets and think tanks are in the 2016 presidential election.

Oh I know.. I know i would have been appalled if Hillary won just as bad as I did that Don the Con did.. she would have been just as bad as he is in a totally different way.. 

you lot should have a 3rd party rather then just the two you have.. give you at least a 3rd choice.. 

10 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Oh I know.. I know i would have been appalled if Hillary won just as bad as I did that Don the Con did.. she would have been just as bad as he is in a totally different way.. 

you lot should have a 3rd party rather then just the two you have.. give you at least a 3rd choice.. 

Yeah, I can just imagine what your ideal American third party would look like.  Given the hard swing to the left among many Democrats we're seeing, we may very well see a schism in the DNC soon leading to the formation of a hard left party.

That's one of the reasons Trump was elected: Americans are getting fed up with strap hanger nations having too much influence on America's governance and of Democrats (like HRC) wanting to emulate what those countries do.

AMERICA FIRST