Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NJ limits guns and clips to 10 rounds

OverSword

14 hours ago, pallidin said:

Take a picture of the United States without any goverrnment.

Total anarchy, gang-ridden streets, crumbling infrastructure.

Does this remind you of third-world countries?

Actually it reminds me of Detriot. Or Los Angeles ? :D 

14 hours ago, pallidin said:

Take a picture of the United States without any goverrnment.

Total anarchy, gang-ridden streets, crumbling infrastructure.

Does this remind you of third-world countries?

reminds me of a number of area's of the united states right now.. 

13 hours ago, Menhir said:

A review of those nations' gun laws show that in Australia, for example, private ownership of a handgun is restricted to the point of being nearly non-existent:

https://ssaa.org.au/news-resources/research-archive/handgun-ownership-facts-in-australia

And that includes ALL types of handguns...even airguns.

I used to be a shooter.. really i only knew a couple of people with hand guns.. most shooters owned semi auto rifles and/or pump action shot guns.. 

12 hours ago, Menhir said:

See what happens when you misrepresent yourself as someone who has an informed opinion about guns when in fact, you obviously don't know any more than the leftwing anti-gun talking points?  It gets bad real quick...just like it would if all you wannabe gun grabbers try gun confiscation a la Australia.

Gun control in Australia has worked.. the facts are there.. gun related crimes have dropped.. we have not had a proper mass shooting since it the buy back happened.. yes we have had a few murder suicides where a family member has killed the family then themselves.. but we have not had another Port Arthur since.. where we would have one a year previously.. 

But as I have said a number of times before.. what has worked in Australia will not work there.. the differences are.. unlike Australia.. you guys have borders.. and the Gun Culture between our two countries are greatly different.. the only way America will have any kind of gun reform is to change the culture and mentality relating to guns.. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

reminds me of a number of area's of the united states right now.. 

I used to be a shooter.. really i only knew a couple of people with hand guns.. most shooters owned semi auto rifles and/or pump action shot guns.. 

Gun control in Australia has worked.. the facts are there.. gun related crimes have dropped.. we have not had a proper mass shooting since it the buy back happened.. yes we have had a few murder suicides where a family member has killed the family then themselves.. but we have not had another Port Arthur since.. where we would have one a year previously.. 

But as I have said a number of times before.. what has worked in Australia will not work there.. the differences are.. unlike Australia.. you guys have borders.. and the Gun Culture between our two countries are greatly different.. the only way America will have any kind of gun reform is to change the culture and mentality relating to guns.. 

Here’s one for the Aussie gun culture - my old man was a copper. He once dealt with a bloke holding a gun on a Chinese restaurant owner by shaking up a can of coke and throwing it to the gunman asking if he wanted a drink. When the can shot drink into his face Dad decked him.

now, this is the sort of conflict de-escalation Queensland Police were taught during the era where they were derisively called “Johstapo”, considered to be thugs who were on the take, who belted the crap out of gays and people who disagreed with Joh Beilke-Petersen. 

That is perhaps why our gun culture is different, those who are trained to use guns don’t resort to them as a first resort. So because of that, folks on the street don’t feel compelled to compete in the firearms stakes.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Menhir said:

You're obviously anti-gun and believe confiscation of ALL guns is the thing to do.  You hit most of the talking points against private ownership of guns including

Man why even come to a forum? You seem to be quite capable of inventing your own adversary without having to involve actual humans.:lol:

- invoking THE CHILDREN via "protection of innocents from slaughter"...including how your own child has been threatened 4x this year (personalize the issue and invoke empathy if not sympathy argumentum ad misericordiam)  

Sorry if real life experiences don't mesh with your goals? 

- a dig on 'keeping guns out of the hands of children and the mentally volatile'...including an off-the-cuff reference to your mentally unstable wife (personalize the issue and demonstrate what your "responsible behavior" that should be emulated looks like)

Im not even sure how to respond to this. Are you so brainwashed that you see every conversation as a end all battle between right and left? I relate my personal experiences to you and thats some how a dig on keeping guns out of the hands of kids nd the mentally volatile? Comeon

you feign ignorance of would-be gun grabbers like Obana, Clinton, Feinstein, Holder, etc. advocating gun confiscation and when presented with direct quotes try various "That's not what they said" or "Not what they meant" obfuscations abd non sequitur (i.e. Obama lamented Congress and the people wouldn't allow that...as if that negates what he advocates)

Yeah dude sorry but you posted half the story. I didnt say "thats not what he meant" but "here's the rest of the story".  Don't like people doing that to you choose better sources which do tell the whole story. 

- offer yourself up as someone who is actually FOR the Second Ammendment but interpreted as applying to militias run so stringently that you admit they wouldn't exist (which would be the intent) with "reasonable restrictions" on the types of guns private citizens can own blah blah blah...In other words, let's draw a line via new restrictions and make it the new norm...and then later, move it to the left with even more restrictions.

I am wholly for the second amendment. I simply view it differently than you do. 

Again, you really should engage in the conversation that is actually taking place rather than debate your own assumptions. Ill bet much of that anger will dissipate. :tu:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I didnt say "thats not what he meant"...

Sure you did:

Farmer77: "...I don't think the link you supplied actually is them saying they want to disarm the citizenry."

Just now, Menhir said:

Sure you did:

Farmer77: "...I don't think the link you supplied actually is them saying they want to disarm the citizenry."

Damn look at that  I guess I did  :sleepy:

….if you highlight what I typed a little box will pop up that says "quote this" click that and it will automatically toss that into your post. 

Some more quotes by American elected officials -and  high level judge- about banning/seizing/confiscating guns.

I do not believe in people owning guns. Guns should be owned only by [the] police and military. I am going to do everything I can to disarm this state.” - Michael Dukakis

“I think you have to do it a step at a time and I think that is what the NRA is most concerned about. Is that it will happen one very small step at a time so that by the time, um, people have woken up, quote, to what’s happened, it’s gone farther than what they feel the consensus of American citizens would be. But it does have to go one step at a time and the banning of semiassault military weapons that are military weapons, not household weapons, is the first step. Mayor Barbara Fass, Stockton, CA

We want everything on the table. This is a moment of opportunity. There’s no question about it…We’re on a roll now, and I think we’ve got to take the–you know, we're gonna push as hard as we can and as far as we can.” Illinois Rep Jan Schakowsky says assault rifle ban just the beginning, ‘moment of opportunity’ and seeks to ban handguns (2013).

People who own guns are essentially a sickness in our souls who must be cleansed.” Colorado Senator (Majority Leader) John Morse. 2013

No one in this country should have guns.” Superior Court Judge, Robert C. Brunetti, Bristol, CT. September, 2013

16 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Damn look at that  I guess I did  :sleepy:

Awwww, look at that!  Isn't he cute?  He put a little yawning emoji in there to show how boring it is when he gets caught in a lie! He is just so precious; like a sleepy little kitten in a YouTube video!

Yeah, you do remind me of a furry feline ifyouknowwhatImeanandIthinkyoudo.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Menhir said:

“I think you have to do it a step at a time and I think that is what the NRA is most concerned about. Is that it will happen one very small step at a time so that by the time, um, people have woken up, quote, to what’s happened, it’s gone farther than what they feel the consensus of American citizens would be. But it does have to go one step at a time and the banning of semiassault military weapons that are military weapons, not household weapons, is the first step. Mayor Barbara Fass, Stockton, CA

What's that saying? Oh yeah:

STAY WOKE PEOPLE!

1 minute ago, Menhir said:

Awwww, look at that!  Isn't he cute?  He put a little yawning emoji in there to show how boring it is when he gets caught in a lie! He is just so precious; like a sleepy little kitten in a YouTube video!

Oh it wasn't a lie man , I am just clearly much much less invested in the conversation than you are. 

When you want to have a serious conversation I will take you seriously. As is your posts are just something to entertain me during my down time in the office so I certainly didnt go back and research my responses to you. 

3 minutes ago, Menhir said:

Yeah, you do remind me of a furry feline ifyouknowwhatImeanandIthinkyoudo.

Thats cool.....you do you :tu:

On 7/1/2018 at 1:20 AM, pallidin said:

A States militia is under the governor's control.

One can't just say "I'm a militia member"... it has to be approved by the governor of the State per the Constitution.

Actually all US citizens that are able-bodied males and between 17 and 45 are members of the unorganized militia.

U.S. Code/Title 10/SubTitle A/Part 1/Chapter 12

(a)

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b)The classes of the militia are—
(1)
the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2)
the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
  • Thanks 2

On 7/1/2018 at 2:38 AM, pallidin said:

Anti-government people disturb me.

Pro-government people worry me. They are always thinking of ways to take away my rights. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh it wasn't a lie man , I am just clearly much much less invested in the conversation than you are. 

That's right: I am most definitely invested in keeping my 2nd Amendment rights intact.  I and millions more like me.  By the grace of God, Zeus, Allah, Yaweh, Cthulhu, Gaia, whoever...with The Donald's ascendency to the Highest Office in the Land, I see a resurgence of constitutionality sweeping across America like a ten-story tidal wave.

I know you wouldabeen gun-grabbers hate thinking about the actual future (vs. the one you were dreaming about with The Old Hag's coronation) what with the coming changes to the SCOTUS thanks to the Trump juggernaut; but just keep your crying towels dry.

See what I did there? If you were a fellow 2ndA adherent, I would have said "Keep your powder dry!" but because you're not, I changed "powder" to "crying towel". :D

Yes, the Supreme Court a year from now will loom over snowflakes (and furry felines) like a golden Colossus of Rhodes.  The wailing, gnashing of teeth, rending of garments and tear-fueled screeches have already begun.

Your tears...your bitter tears...they are salty, yet -somehow- still sweet to me.

2 minutes ago, Menhir said:

I know you wouldabeen gun-grabbers hate thinking about the actual future (vs. the one you were dreaming about with The Old Hag's coronation) 

Definitely see my previous post about inventing your adversary. :lol: 

Great rant though :tu:

10 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

Gun control in Australia has worked.. the facts are there.. gun related crimes have dropped.. we have not had a proper mass shooting since it the buy back happened...

(Sarcasm on) Yes, good thing the 5 Lin family members were only bludgeoned to death.  I'm sure they were grateful they weren't killed in a "proper" way.

Good thing someone in the family didn't have a gun, too.  They might have successfully defended themselves and lived.

I know, I know; gun haters don't care about home defense.  (Sarcasm off)

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Definitely see my previous post about inventing your adversary. :lol: 

I don't have to invent adversaries; they follow me like a little army of lost puppies (or, as in your case....well, you know...).

I identify and define the adversary.  Especially ones who fly a false flag such as you who claims to support the 2nd Amendment.

• Like 1

Just now, Menhir said:

I identify and define the adversary.  Especially ones who fly a false flag such as you who claims to support the 2nd Amendment.

OMG you're a blast!  :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Seriously are you that scared you need a banana clip to sleep well at night? LMAO

Ah, more wisdom from the resident gun-hating gun-expert, Miss "I wuz perfeshunally traned on the use of bang-bang thingies!"

This is a banana clip:

You can buy them here: 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goody-Classics-Banana-Clips-6-count/45017515?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228036861743&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=82848263192&wl4=pla-163083906752&wl5=9012805&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=45017515&wl13=&veh=sem

efa2e958-d3eb-4c98-93ea-dbaf48b5755c_1.3fb44aba6bbf82f5e8569b991d42137b.jpeg

Ah, more wisdom from the resident gun-hating gun-expert, Miss "I wuz perfeshunally traned on the use of bang-bang thingies!"

Yikes man are things so bad in your personal life that you feel driven to comb through old posts to find things to try and score points with? 

I'm here for your man, Ive posted on this site some 15k times , please feel free to go through them all and find things to "win" over. 

Im all about helping the community! :D

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2018 at 3:04 PM, Farmer77 said:

No im actually not anti 2nd amendment...

The second amendment is vital to protecting from tyranny I don't give a flying **** about home defense. IMO there should be regional and local militia programs, completely separate from the state and federal governments,  which one must enlist and drill regularly with to have access to anything beyond a revolver and single action shotgun.

Fortunately, the Supreme Court has (repeatedly) ruled against such absurd interpretations as yours...and will certainly continue to do for the foreseeable future.

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) SCOTUS held that the 2nd Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a gun and the right is NOT connected with service in a militia for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home and that Washington, D.C.'s handgun ban violated this guaranteed right. 

I'm sure that was a sad night over at Farmer77's place with tears flowing like a river.

Fortunately, the Supreme Court has (repeatedly) ruled against such absurd interpretations as yours...and will certainly continue to do for the foreseeable future.

See now you're talking the issue. 

My idea of organizing local militias isn't based on my interpretation of the 2nd amendment. Its based on my desire to keep the second amendment. You said something earlier about gun grabs preceding tyranny (paraphrased and I think it was you) and I agree whole heartedly that history has shown us the danger of an unarmed populace in the face of a tyrannical government. 

My concern is that with the accelerated urbanization of our society the majority will have no experience with guns in just a few years. The real risk is that majority simply deciding the 2nd needs to be repealed if the random mass killings continue. 

Organizing local militias may stem that tide. 

6 minutes ago, Menhir said:

I'm sure that was a sad night over at Farmer77's place with tears flowing like a river.

Man and you started out so promising 

1 hour ago, Bama13 said:

Actually all US citizens that are able-bodied males and between 17 and 45 are members of the unorganized militia.

U.S. Code/Title 10/SubTitle A/Part 1/Chapter 12

(a)

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b)The classes of the militia are—
(1)
the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2)
the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

And both legal and illegal aliens with a simple declaration of desire.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

My idea of organizing local militias isn't based on my interpretation of the 2nd amendment. Its based on my desire to keep the second amendment. 

In a discussion of the 2nd A, you plainly stated that individuals should not have acess to anything other than a revolver or single-action *something* unless they are part of an organized militia.

I'm not conflating anything you said; it's what you said (posted).

Edited by Menhir

Just now, Menhir said:

In a discussion of the 2nd A, you plainly stated that individuals should not have acess to anything other than a revolver or single-action *something* unless they are part if an organized militia.

I'm not conflating anything you said; it's what you said (posted).

Yes that is my proposition, not my interpretation. 

29 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yikes man are things so bad in your personal life that you feel driven to comb through old posts to find things to try and score points with? 

I'm here for your man, Ive posted on this site some 15k times , please feel free to go through them all and find things to "win" over. 

You posted that little nugget re: "banana clips" about this time yesterday in this thread.  Not "old" at all.  

You make some really sloppy posts and 15 mins later hope nobody notices.  When they do, you try to laugh it off with yawning emojis or claiming it's too "old" to matter anymore.