Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Harte

Blistering the fringe in this section

197 posts in this topic

Gaden

I've noticed a great many of the posters blistered by Harte are no longer with us.

• Like 2

danydandan
19 minutes ago, Gaden said:

I've noticed a great many of the posters blistered by Harte are no longer with us.

Popped like blisters, all of them. They are nothing but a sores filled with pus, then Harte pops them and they die. But sometimes they leave a mark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ozymandias

I cannot get back to my first posts on this forum. When I track back through 'Activity I Started' I can only get back to 11 August, 2017. Ihave been posting here for over a year. How do I revisit my first posts?

My first posts as a newbie here were about the Great (Noah's) Flood and basically argued that it never took place as described. I remember that Harte and some others gave me a hard time over it and I nearly left the forum as a result. I found their responses puzzling and overly contentious and confrontational to a newcomer.

Harte
1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

I cannot get back to my first posts on this forum. When I track back through 'Activity I Started' I can only get back to 11 August, 2017. Ihave been posting here for over a year. How do I revisit my first posts?

My first posts as a newbie here were about the Great (Noah's) Flood and basically argued that it never took place as described. I remember that Harte and some others gave me a hard time over it and I nearly left the forum as a result. I found their responses puzzling and overly contentious and confrontational to a newcomer.

Use a site-specific google search like this one. Add to the search terms whatever you're thinking of in your content.

Also, when you get to the last page of your content here, there is a little link at the bottom that says "load more content," but that takes way longer.

Harte

• Like 1

kmt_sesh
5 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

Does anyone know if Dan Raleigh's "Egyptian sattelites and Big Fat Lying Pharaohs thread" from last summer is still around?

I had some real zingers there, but I think Sesh deleted the thread after the OP disappeared.

I remember that thread. It was particularly nutty. I closed it eventually for a number of reasons. We rarely actually delete a thread unless it was unusually offensive in some way. More common is to close and hide a thread from the public. So it's still there but no longer visible unless you're part of the Mod staff. I just took a stroll through it and was reminded of all the problems it caused. It shall remain hidden.We mustn't tempt the ultra-fringies in these parts.

• Like 2

Lord Harry
6 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I remember that thread. It was particularly nutty. I closed it eventually for a number of reasons. We rarely actually delete a thread unless it was unusually offensive in some way. More common is to close and hide a thread from the public. So it's still there but no longer visible unless you're part of the Mod staff. I just took a stroll through it and was reminded of all the problems it caused. It shall remain hidden.We mustn't tempt the ultra-fringies in these parts.

I agree. Raleigh, Lightspeed and a few other of our resident fringe are a bit over the top. Though we all piled on them like attack dogs, so the battle didn't last too long at least. 

If you ever post on Hancock's forum, it is the opposite extreme. The fringe outnumber and attack the orthodox in the same manner that we do to the fringe around these parts. 

Edited by Lord Harry

kmt_sesh
2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

The limitation in searching back more than a year is a known issue a number of posters have experienced. We think it started with the last forum-wide update, which was last April. We don't know if it can be fixed before the next big upgrade, and we're not sure when that will be. I recommend following Harte's advice above.

kmt_sesh
3 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

If you ever post in Hancock's forum, it is the opposite extreme. The fringe outnumber and attack the orthodox in the same manner that we do to the fringe around these parts. 

I don't see myself ever joining the Hancock forum. I've read plenty there and there is just...too much fringe. And I suspect if I did try posting there, I'd end up banned anyway.

• Thanks 1

Lord Harry
4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I don't see myself ever joining the Hancock forum. I've read plenty there and there is just...too much fringe. And I suspect if I did try posting there, I'd end up banned anyway.

I posted a documentary there which completely demolished the ancient astronaut hypothesis. Needless to say I was soon swarmed by a dozen fringe without another sober mind in sight.

One of their number actually doubts the Egyptians copper saws with abrasives were able to cut through granite, simply because modern stone masons no longer use that technique! I kid you not! LOL!

I told him that if he fails to understand so simple a concept as technological progress, than attempting to engage him in a rational debate will be a waste of everyone's time.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

jaylemurph
2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

So you’re saying you cannot look upon your (mighty) works, and despaired?

Sorry, but that really made pretentious undergrad me chortle. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

kmt_sesh
2 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

So you’re saying you cannot look upon your (mighty) works, and despaired?

Sorry, but that really made pretentious undergrad me chortle. 

—Jaylemurph 

Ha! That's excellent. Let's see if anyone else gets the reference.

Ozymandias
5 hours ago, Harte said:

Use a site-specific google search like this one. Add to the search terms whatever you're thinking of in your content.

Also, when you get to the last page of your content here, there is a little link at the bottom that says "load more content," but that takes way longer.

Harte

Thanks, Harte. I tried that and got straight back to my very first OP and thread (entitled 'Noah's Flood Never Happened').

For a newbie like me the responses I initially received in that thread were puzzling to say the least. However, I eventually understood where people like yourself were coming from. :)

• Like 2

danydandan
5 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

I posted a documentary there which completely demolished the ancient astronaut hypothesis. Needless to say I was soon swarmed by a dozen fringe without another sober mind in sight.

One of their number actually doubts the Egyptians copper saws with abrasives were able to cut through granite, simply because modern stone masons no longer use that technique! I kid you not! LOL!

I told him that if he fails to understand so simple a concept as technological progress, than attempting to engage him in a rational debate will be a waste of everyone's time.

I actually read that thread, you'd swear the human race is devolving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Piney
10 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

When I saw the Clovis Pictograph and Ruin thread I thought the same thing.

I also thought "Man, I don't have time for garbage this extreme"......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Harte
6 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Thanks, Harte. I tried that and got straight back to my very first OP and thread (entitled 'Noah's Flood Never Happened').

For a newbie like me the responses I initially received in that thread were puzzling to say the least. However, I eventually understood where people like yourself were coming from. :)

Well, you weren't getting the argument you were looking for in that thread, so I stepped up.

Harte

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Essan
12 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Hancock's was the very first forum I ever joined, when I first stepped into the world wide web back in the early 00s.   

I still look in from time to time.  It's scary!

• Thanks 1

jaylemurph
8 hours ago, Piney said:

When I saw the Clovis Pictograph and Ruin thread I thought the same thing.

I also thought "Man, I don't have time for garbage this extreme"......

I feel like the Ora Linda book thread here is like that. People who post there don't post elsewhere in this forum, and they want nothing to do with reality, real history or real linguistics. It's a total circlejerk.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Piney
17 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I feel like the Ora Linda book thread here is like that. People who post there don't post elsewhere in this forum, and they want nothing to do with reality, real history or real linguistics. It's a total circlejerk.

--Jaylemurph

and they are mostly white supremacists. I monitor that thread. The first person that starts talking about "Inka" as ancestor of the Incas or the Kennewick Man as a ancient German I'm going in fully loaded...:tu:

• Like 2

danydandan

I thought Inka was a Polish drink?

• Haha 1

Harte
5 hours ago, danydandan said:

I thought Inka was a Polish drink?

Nah.

Here's a documentary:

Harte

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Harte

Swede-ish Squash:

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Harte

Koch Blocked:

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jaylemurph
2 hours ago, Harte said:

Nah.

Here's a documentary:

Beat. To. The. Punch.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Harte

Koch ROCHED

Would that be research based on "Astounding Tales"? I ask, because your 'theories' (and I use that word extremely loosely) sounds like bad 1930's fantasy.

Chuckle! E. R. Burroughs delightful tales would be comparatively more "accurate". And much better written.

13 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Burroughs? I'd say Jimmy, the kid who eats paste and sits in the back row, would write better material in his "What I did over summer break" essay.

--Jaylemurph

Winner: Jaylemurph

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jaylemurph
1 hour ago, Harte said:

Winner: Jaylemurph

Harte

I think Jimmy should be our new metric for sub-par fringery:

As in: anything clearly based on Sitchin's non-sense (without citation) would be a -5 Jimmy.

anything clearly based on Sitchin's nonsense (with citation) would be a -2.5 Jimmy.

anything just loopy would be a null Jimmy.

a response from the Cabal would be +3 Jimmy.

any response from Orion von Koch and Mario Dantas would be out of consideration, as the score would be too low, like trying to measure temps below 0K.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2