Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Harte

Blistering the fringe in this section

197 posts in this topic

Gaden
9 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

I think Jimmy should be our new metric for sub-par fringery:

As in: anything clearly based on Sitchin's non-sense (without citation) would be a -5 Jimmy.

anything clearly based on Sitchin's nonsense (with citation) would be a -2.5 Jimmy.

anything just loopy would be a null Jimmy.

a response from the Cabal would be +3 Jimmy.

any response from Orion von Koch and Mario Dantas would be out of consideration, as the score would be too low, like trying to measure temps below 0K.

--Jaylemurph

What would we do with the older metrics, the 'cladking' and the 'zoser'? 

• Like 2

kmt_sesh

Who's Jimmy?

Piney
1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

Who's Jimmy?

The kid who eats paste in class. :tu:

I just visited that "other place" to do some serious trolling. Some of those people are -100K Jimmy @jaylemurph  because their nonsense breaks the laws of physics....

• Haha 2

kmt_sesh
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

The kid who eats paste in class. :tu:

I just visited that "other place" to do some serious trolling. Some of those people are -100K Jimmy @jaylemurph  because their nonsense breaks the laws of physics....

I actually didn't have a Jimmy in my class when I was a little kid (but paste does taste good, you know).

But we did have one kid who liked to get attention by eating banana peels. Not bananas—banana peals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Piney
2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I actually didn't have a Jimmy in my class when I was a little kid (but paste does taste good, you know).

We only had rubber cement and since it was Camden, New Jersey they would huff the jar until it was dry. That was our "Jimmy"

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

danydandan
18 hours ago, Piney said:

We only had rubber cement and since it was Camden, New Jersey they would huff the jar until it was dry. That was our "Jimmy"

Our Jimmy pushed his sister out the second floor window, half naked. On her way down her bra got caught on the broken window, and came off. This was after eating the paste and huffing it prior to consumption. First time I saw boobers in really life.

She wasn't hurt or anything just embarrassed. Funny and sad story.

• Like 3

Piney

I say we start up the rest of the discussions so @Lord Harry s thread get bumped to page 2. :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

kmt_sesh
2 hours ago, Piney said:

I say we start up the rest of the discussions so @Lord Harry s thread get bumped to page 2. :whistle:

Rascal!

• Haha 2

Piney
On 7/16/2018 at 9:26 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Rascal!

One of our Orry Lindy diccussionists made a racist remark. I am no longer lurking.....:tu:

jaylemurph
6 hours ago, Piney said:

One of our Orry Lindy diccussionists made a racist remark. I am no longer lurking.....:tu:

It took this long?!

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Piney
2 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

It took this long?!

--Jaylemurph

Shocking, is it not? :lol:

• Haha 1

kmt_sesh

I had to lock that Devil's-Tower-tree-stump thread. There was plenty of blistering going on in there, but when a thread has become that patently ridiculous, it's time to move on.

• Thanks 1

kborissov
On 7/1/2018 at 8:17 PM, Lord Harry said:

I posted a documentary there which completely demolished the ancient astronaut hypothesis.

Some people openly laughter at your “complete” arguments demolishing that theory. So was I :)

Needless to say I was soon swarmed by a dozen fringe without another sober mind in sight.

Need a hug?

Quite opposite you were loaded with very sound arguments. Which you prefer to brush under the carpet and run.

One of their number actually doubts the Egyptians copper saws with abrasives were able to cut through granite, simply because modern stone masons no longer use that technique! I kid you not! LOL!

That was a minor point in discussion between you and Jon. Not a big fish in a pond. Look for other major arguments which you ignored. Really nothing to brag about here.

I told him that if he fails to understand so simple a concept as technological progress, than attempting to engage him in a rational debate will be a waste of everyone's time.

Blah blah blah. A few good arguments are still waiting for your reply. 

kborissov
On 7/1/2018 at 8:13 PM, kmt_sesh said:

I don't see myself ever joining the Hancock forum. I've read plenty there and there is just...too much fringe. And I suspect if I did try posting there, I'd end up banned anyway.

Good thinking... though no... people there are actually not blocking threads and posters when they disagree. 

kmt_sesh
1 hour ago, kborissov said:

Good thinking... though no... people there are actually not blocking threads and posters when they disagree. 

Yeah, right, sure. That's what happened. You go on amusing yourself with that notion.

• Like 2

Lord Harry
10 hours ago, kborissov said:

Some people openly laughter at your “complete” arguments demolishing that theory. So was I :)

Need a hug?

Quite opposite you were loaded with very sound arguments. Which you prefer to brush under the carpet and run.

That was a minor point in discussion between you and Jon. Not a big fish in a pond. Look for other major arguments which you ignored. Really nothing to brag about here.

Blah blah blah. A few good arguments are still waiting for your reply. 

More like I completely demolished the arguments there and was presented with a barrage of the same recycled and discredited nonsense.

Yes I remember Jon Smellison. He's the crank who can't fathom the concept of technological progress. I made my point. Abrasives and copper tools can cut through granite. If he or anyone else still refuses to believe, than their problem isn't with me but with science.

The problem with that place, other than the crankage, is the formatting. It is very difficult to follow an argument. Your forum is in desperate need of an update. 

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 2

Harte
5 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

The problem with that place, other than the crankage, is the formatting. It is very difficult to follow an argument. Your forum is in desperate need of an update. 

They have a setting for that.

I forget where to click for it, but it's there.

Harte

• Thanks 2

jaylemurph
3 hours ago, Harte said:

Harte

Bit like asking to see raw sewage in high-def, isn’t it?

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

lightly

Our "Jimmy" was named Jeff and he didn't eat paste. He ate earth worms on the school bus for 25 cents each

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

kmt_sesh
4 hours ago, lightly said:

Our "Jimmy" was named Jeff and he didn't eat paste. He ate earth worms on the school bus for 25 cents each

This begs the question: how much money did you lose to him?

• Haha 2

jmccr8
9 hours ago, Harte said:

Harte

Hi Harte

For the format or the crankage?:whistle:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

kmt_sesh
33 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Harte

For the format or the crankage?:whistle:

jmccr8

Over at that forum? If they had a setting to turn off the crankage (nice idea, by the way), the place would be practically empty.

• Haha 2

jmccr8
2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Over at that forum? If they had a setting to turn off the crankage (nice idea, by the way), the place would be practically empty.

So it's not nuts, nuttier and free range lunatic just wide open loonie huh.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lightly
9 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

This begs the question: how much money did you lose to him?

HaHa  !       If I remember correctly... I didn't buy into it.   GAG !

• Haha 2

Piney
On 7/20/2018 at 7:47 PM, kmt_sesh said:

I had to lock that Devil's-Tower-tree-stump thread. There was plenty of blistering going on in there, but when a thread has become that patently ridiculous, it's time to move on.

I've been blistering Orlon across the net. He comes off on me as another Loren Jenis trying to start a cult following. I like nipping stuff like that in the bud, especially when Indians and Buddhism is involved.  I think it will be some time before he pokes his head back in.

• Like 1