Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Geologist discusses suspected UFO crash site

Still Waters

The Bureau of Land Management is taking an interest in a New Mexico geologist's discoveries that he claims are out of this world. He believes he has found parts of the alleged UFO crash near Roswell in 1947.

"Some of it could be trash, camper trash, but some of it could be interesting,” said Geologist Frank Kimbler.

Kimbler distinctly remembers the moment he discovered debris from the suspected 1947 UFO crash site.

Over the past eight years, Kimbler has dedicated himself to finding physical proof of the UFO, going out to the suspected site 75 miles northwest of Roswell about a dozen times.

Using a metal detector, he's collected about 20 metallic fragments the size of a fingernail.

https://www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico/new-mexico-geologist-discusses-suspected-ufo-crash-site-findings/1265976082

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I find UFO debris everytime I go metal detecting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Interesting stories. The BLM wants to make sure that he had a proper permit to collect and was not collecting or disturbing any archaeological finds or historical finds.

Watch the video and you can see these tiny pieces of metal he collected. Not much to look at and the metal is soft showing extensive scratches.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, stereologist said:

Interesting stories. The BLM wants to make sure that he had a proper permit to collect and was not collecting or disturbing any archaeological finds or historical finds.

Watch the video and you can see these tiny pieces of metal he collected. Not much to look at and the metal is soft showing extensive scratches.

You mean like foil fragments of a weather balloon would look like. :tu: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This could tell the old Soviet veterans what flimsy tools we had back then to monitor their activities. Stalin will be rolling over in  his grave.

• Like 1

Mr. Kimbler's metal fragments are thicker than balloon material. He has compared them to the thickness of a beer can. It's been several years since the initial isotopic tests were run, showing terrestrial origin. If there was some ambiguity in these results, there's been far more than ample time to make new tests. Why does this now come down to the high drama of making tests at the last minute, before, as Mr. Kimbler imagines, the Bureau of land Management could confiscate his pieces of metal?   

• Like 1

I cannot watch the video at this moment due to the daily grind (I saw a large glass snake today!! Yayness!!!!! :D). I am interested, though, insofar as being something neat. It is possible it came from the crash, but far, far from certain. Am I right? Even if so, I am wondering what indicates they weren't of terrestrial origin. Maybe it's talked about in the vid. I find that difficult to believe, to be honest.

As I recall, the old tests of Mr. Kimbler's samples showed that the metal was from Earth. The isotope ratios were within the range of those found on Earth. There seemed to be a very low probability case to be made for some ambiguity in the results, that might have suggested off-world origin.  Mr. Kimbler proposed to have more test done to resolve this supposed ambiguity. That was several years ago, but he does not seem to have gotten around to it. 

Lol Frank's back! 

If I remember correctly, last time he surfaced he claimed to have sent a fragment to Arizona State University, but all they got was an empty box. 

CT time!!! :lol:

Of all the cases he could have gone after, he chose Roswell. I honestly find that rather strange. Does anyone actually still believe the alien tale??? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, davros of skaro said:

I find UFO debris everytime I go metal detecting.

Unidentified found objects?

jmccr8

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

First we have a lack of proof that the objects come from the site or from the crash....long time ago with a lot of people passing by contaminating the zone.

Just now, Jon the frog said:

First we have a lack of proof that the objects come from the site

Second lack of proof it's from the crash....a crash that happened a long time ago with a lot of people passing by contaminating the zone.

We seem to forget the cold war implications. The air force, navy were all involved with high altitude balloon experiments from the mid 1940s onward. Some of these were classified or certainly not well publicized. With a little online research and one will find a number of technical papers on high altitude balloon experiments dating from that era. Some of the balloons were released from Holloman AFB not too far southwest of Roswell. No need to perpetuate the myth.

My concern is how in Hell a common person can find purported debris that the U.S. government, with metal detectors themselves, did not already detect and scoop-up.

This is just not "adding up" in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why do we always expect alien metal will be detected by our metal detectors?  That assumes the alien planet has the same make-up as the Earth, doesn't it?

15 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

First we have a lack of proof that the objects come from the site or from the crash....long time ago with a lot of people passing by contaminating the zone.

Yep..Like a crime scene that was not secured.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2018 at 3:07 PM, pallidin said:

My concern is how in Hell a common person can find purported debris that the U.S. government, with metal detectors themselves, did not already detect and scoop-up.

This is just not "adding up" in my opinion.

There was plenty. The so called bits of alien spaceship brought home by Marcel impressed the family so much that his wife swept the debris out the back door. At a later stage a concrete patio was poured at that back door. It's possible some original debris with Marcels fingerprints still on it are under that concrete slab. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like the usual Roswell claim, bs! First, no one can offer any irrefutable proof that UFOs crash. Second, what happened near Roswell had anything to do with UFOs, it was simply the product of irrational minds. A cold war top secret spying device came down probably due to unfavorable weather conditions.

"Using a metal detector, he's collected about 20 metallic fragments the size of a fingernail. ... 'Some of the material that I found out there has been tested and it has anomalies that suggest that it might be of extraterrestrial origin,' said Kimbler.'"

I used to be a treasure hunter and had many metal detectors. The only stuff he could have found was remnants of aluminum foil, rubber, balsa wood, wiring, etc. Detectors are poor aluminum foil finders. I would challenge Mr Kimbler to a conversation dealing with facts which I don't think he'd be up to. Just more Roswell bs.

• Like 1