Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Imaginarynumber1

Who lifts?

57 posts in this topic

tcgram
20 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Could be. I'd wait until you're fully healed and a doc clears you for that kind of exercise. 

Found out today that my incision was spitting a stitch.  Got it cleaned out and the doc said to wait to do any more ab exercises.  

• Like 1

danydandan
On 19/7/2018 at 10:32 PM, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Broke my fast at just short of six days. A buddy of mine was a former restaurateur in Atlanta before he moved here, a professional chef, and wanted to treat me to some of his cooking as a friendly gesture. I wasn't about to turn it down, not social engagements like that. ****ing live a little, yea? I still kept it clean and keto with black sesame seed crusted tuna steak, some center cut pork chops, a few bites of lamb, huge salad and about a tablespoon of his raspberry chocolate cheesecake that I doubt exceeded ten grams of carbs. Didn't crave sugar at all even with plenty there, which was the primary purpose of this fast - sugar cravings and food discipline. 

All in all, I still overate a little but after that meal, it's straight back into fasting. Another friend of mine wants to take me out Sunday (I may just not eat) and I'll be visiting my aunt next week, which will DEFINITELY be a fast break. That's what it's all about, though, giving yourself leeway in your social life while still being as disciplined as possible otherwise. 

Still felt just fine on this sixth day, so may go longer next depending on when I visit family. Wish me luck, I'm quite enjoying this.      

As someone who has had half his stomach removed, I can tell you they fasting for any length of time is bad for you.

• Like 1

Not Your Huckleberry
Posted (edited)

Can you clarify that? What does fasting have to do with part of your stomach being removed? 

Edited by Not Your Huckleberry

danydandan
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Can you clarify that? What does fasting have to do with part of your stomach being removed? 

Your stomach is designed to be used continually. IE it's always in a constant state on spasm, or moving. It's not meant to be empty. Fasting causes digestive system issues, it causes constipation and it can cause the bacteria in your small intestines to grow out of control causng infection.

Basically as a result of the Cancer I had, part of my stomach and part of my esophagus removed. The complications from this are the same as people experience when they do extreme fasting. Your stomach becomes smaller, some people's can't function they get dumping syndrome (which is the emptying of food to the intestines too soon, this causes perforations and blockage which may result in needing an operation), as result of stomach shrinking you might experience vomiting, constipation and the intestine issues.

Anyways, I was informed that we are supposed to eat little and often. My doctor compared my possible complications as fasting for a two weeks, then eating a big meal. That meal stays in your system longer because you r body is trying to extract as much nutrition as possible from that meal. Which can lead to the above-mentioned problems.

But hay what do I know right? Go consult your GP or a dietitian about it.

Edited by danydandan

The Caspian Hare

People have been using intermediate fasting to change physique composition for a few years now (first I heard of it was 2011 I think.) But that is for people willing to take risks for aesthetic reasons. Plain old good diet should be fine for your average person IMO

• Like 1

ExpandMyMind

Did my first full upper body workout for 2 months tonight and I'm well chuffed. Been nursing a couple of injuries, mainly rotator cuff, and I finally cured it by basically becoming a pillow cocoon when I sleep. Feel like a new man.

• Like 1

MainerMikeBrown

As a teen in the 1990's, the most I could lift back then was 170 lbs.  But I was very skinny back then.