Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooting At Annapolis Newspaper

susieice

This is breaking news just coming into stations. There were multiple people injured at a newspaper in Annapolis this afternoon. Police are on the scene and the investigation is ongoing. No word on victims or suspects yet.

http://abc7news.com/multiple-people-reportedly-shot-at-newspaper-in-annapolis-maryland/3670263/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So many questions on this one. Thanks for the share 

• Like 1

Watching now. I hope that they are able to save those sent to the hospital. I heard them say a canine unit (my fav, my grandfather was a policeman with a German Shepard named Gretchen) apprehended the one suspect. I have to note, after all the disparaging remarks I see on here about police, I can see on the screen in front of me the many who ran towards danger, risking their own lives, to help others. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So many questions on this one. Thanks for the share 

Really not much known yet. The story was just released when I found it. It's supposedly still active. Police are searching the building for other possible suspects.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skliss said:

Watching now. I hope that they are able to save those sent to the hospital. I heard them say a canine unit (my fav, my grandfather was a policeman with a German Shepard named Gretchen) apprehended the one suspect. I have to note, after all the disparaging remarks I see on here about police, I can see on the screen in front of me the many who ran towards danger, risking their own lives, to help others. 

I hope everyone sent to hospital will be alright also. There was no word yet on their conditions or how many there really are. USA Today was just reporting at least 4.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skliss said:

I have to note, after all the disparaging remarks I see on here about police, I can see on the screen in front of me the many who ran towards danger, risking their own lives, to help others. 

They're human just like the rest of us. Hope they all get home safe today 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, susieice said:

I hope everyone sent to hospital will be alright also. There was no word yet on their conditions or how many there really are. USA Today was just reporting at least 4.

I've heard no numbers so far, only that there were fatalities. Some that were inside are apparently tweeting info. A reporter said one tweeted about being in hiding and hearing the shooter reloading...how chilling is that?!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Apparently the NYC police dept is sending officers to all the news outlets in the city as a precaution.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, skliss said:

Apparently the NYC police dept is sending officers to all the news outlets in the city as a precaution.

Damn that makes me think worse case scenario. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There's a live video going on in the above link to CBS. They are saying more are injured but no number. Can't find the number of the post as all mine say 0. Will post again.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/active-shooter-reported-annapolis-maryland-2018-06-28-live-updates/

• Like 1

CBS just announced the suspect is male, white and in his 20's and used a shotgun. There is no confirmation by police. LE is still searching the building for possible other suspects and clearing the building for possible bombs that may be inside. They are also looking to see if the shootings occurred in one office or multiple ones. Still very fluid situation.

Talking about how a shotgun spreads it's shot into an area of people, not just one. There may be 5 more reported injured. A lot of talking going on.

Suspect is refusing to identify himself and has no id on him.

Another one in Baltimore...

The Baltimore Police Department said it was responding to a “police involved shooting” in downtown Baltimore on Thursday afternoon.

A University of Maryland Medical System spokeswoman confirmed the incident occurred at a university building in the 700 block of W. Pratt St., but said she did not immediately have details.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-police-shooting-20180628-story.html

• Like 1

How long before someone blames Trump?

OHH WAIT.... they already did on Farcebook. Apparently because Trump called the press the enemy of the people this was inevitable.

ETA: it was “Occupy Democrats” on Facebook. I just looked at their page .... sheesh talk about a hate group.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Confused 3

Press conference announced five fatalities.

• Like 1

No one knows anything about the suspect other than what I posted above. He is still in interrogation and not cooperating. He will not identify himself. It will only take some time before police are able to do that. Of course, his home, computer, cell phone, social media will all be combed over to see what he was saying or who he was talking to. Police are talking now at a news conference. The Governor, mayor and DA has talked also. Annapolis is the capital of Maryland and they said the police response to the call was about a minute. Police just said 5 killed and several seriously injured. The weapon was believed to be a shotgun but still hasn't been confirmed by police. There will be another conference soon. Police at the moment are not releasing everything they know.

• Like 1

To correct myself, it wasn't the DA. It was the state attorney who spoke.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

How long before someone blames Trump?

OHH WAIT.... they already did on Farcebook. Apparently because Trump called the press the enemy of the people this was inevitable.

It would only be notable if they DIDN'T blame him.  I feel bad for the families of these people who have died but I think the profession of modern "journalism" has a lot to answer for and it does not surprise me that someone MAY have finally had enough of the kinds of propaganda that have been spewed for months now.  I stress the "MAY HAVE" because we have no idea yet, why this person started shooting.  IF it turns out to be a citizen that is disgruntled over the perpetual, relentless innuendo and outright lies, this may not be a single event...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1