Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooting At Annapolis Newspaper

susieice

I checked out the guy's twitter and web site.  He's definitely a nutter that's been holding a grudge for half a decade.  Lot's of red flags there too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Agent0range said:

You can talk that nonsense, and not acknowledge that the the President said the the press was Americas biggest enemy?  Negative news does not equal fake news.  Very few stories turn out to be false, and those stories get a retraction.

Cause and effect.  Ever hear of it?  They started a campaign of personal insults and destruction of his public dignity LONG before he was elected or started getting in their face.  And here's the part you guys don't get, even after two years and apparently, NEVER will:  He was elected because enough of the people AGREE with his take on this vicious group of opinion-mongers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, and then said:

Cause and effect.  Ever hear of it?  They started a campaign of personal insults and destruction of his public dignity LONG before he was elected or started getting in their face.  And here's the part you guys don't get, even after two years and apparently, NEVER will:  He was elected because enough of the people AGREE with his take on this vicious group of opinion-mongers.

This guy had nothing to do with Trump and was talking crazy for years.  It had nothing to do with the political climate we are in now.

• Like 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

This guy had nothing to do with Trump and was talking crazy for years.  It had nothing to do with the political climate we are in now.

I think I was quite careful to make use of the words in my statement IF and MAY.  Obviously, I wasn't there and didn't know anyone or anything other than what was being made public.  I am happy to know that he is, in fact, just a "garden variety animal" and not a representative of some hard-core group that wants to push us toward general bloodshed.

• Like 1

Found this rereading through links. It's the five victims.

Police released the victims' identities during a late Thursday press briefing. They were all employees at Capital Gazette including four journalists and a sales assistant: Wendi Winters, John McNamara, Rebecca Smith, Gerald Fischman and Robert Hiaasen.

Winters was the special publications editor. McNamara was a writer. Fischman was editorial page editor. Smith was a sales assistant. Hiassen was an assistant editor and columnist.

Here's a better article.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/shooting-reported-at-annapolis-building-housing-capital-gazette/21990668

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, and then said:

He was elected because enough of the people AGREE with his take on this vicious group of opinion-mongers.

As Trump supporters are quick to point out (electoral college and all that) being most popular doesn't mean you're right. 

This guy filed a lawsuit against the paper over a report they did about a woman he knew from high school that he was harassing on Facebook. He filed the suit in 2012 and it was thrown out in 2015. Apparently the harassment was continuing up until now. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capital-gazette-shooting-annapolis-maryland-lawyer-woman-suspect-jarrod-ramos-harassed/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/06/29/capital-gazette-newsroom-shooting-annapolis-what-we-know-now/744903002/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I figured we would find that out. 

That said, it certainly isn't a good thing for the POTUS to call the press the enemy of the people. 

He should quit that. 

Most of us can figure out that it's bunk because he doesn't want people to know the truth about him, but still. 

There are those fringe few who believe him and might act violently on it. 

My heart goes out to the victims and their families. 

• Like 3

So many misguided people.

Just now, ChaosRose said:

There are those fringe few who believe him and might act violently on it. 

sure, lol, so far the fringes that act violently are all on the liberal side.

• Thanks 1

No fear. Propaganda will go on. Goebbels is smiling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

, it certainly isn't a good thing for the POTUS to call the press the enemy of the people

It's also not good for the press to call the POTUS an enemy of the people.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, skliss said:

It's also not good for the press to call the POTUS an enemy of the people.

Do you honestly not see the difference?  Or are you just OK with actively cheering on the makings of a dictatorship?

• Like 1

dictatorship does not automatically means bad. trump is a close to a dictator as a bicycle to an alien space ship.  liberal-progressive lairs sure want to spread the lie that he is. lol

1 minute ago, aztek said:

dictatorship does not automatically means bad

Gotta be honest man, I didn't even read past that statement. That's the kind of thing that disqualifies you from being taken seriously, ever. 

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Do you honestly not see the difference?  Or are you just OK with actively cheering on the makings of a dictatorship?

I see that it's two sided...obviously you don't....and I'm so tired of the far-fetched hyperbole...There is no way any person,  even the POTUS has the scope to become a dictator in this country! He'd  be pulled from office before that ever happened and I would be first in line to run him out on rail. You'd see that if you'd get off the Trump is evil bandwagon. For 8 years I heard nothing but W. was going to turn the U.S. into a theocracy....woe is us!! Never happened, never will happen, not even the slightest hint of a theocracy was in the wind. Its beyond ridiculous for thinking adults to pretend that Trump is trying to become a dictator....I'm disappointed in you for even stooping to that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

dictatorship does not automatically means bad. trump is a close to a dictator as a bicycle to an alien space ship.  liberal-progressive lairs sure want to spread the lie that he is. lol

Yes it does. 

It means that power is consolidated in one person, and there is no system of checks and balances. 

Trump says he can pardon himself. That would put him above the law. 

No one needs to lie about anything. The stuff comes right from his own lips. 

Right...about one theoretical situation...where he was actually correct. To act as if he's planning to get out the guillotine and start chopping off heads or rob Fort Knox and then pardon himself makes you sound silly...and I'm using a kind word.

What is the NRA-position on this?

Perhaps: "- Imagine if all journalist on that newspaper was armed, none of this would ever happened?"

7 minutes ago, EllJay said:

What is the NRA-position on this?

Perhaps: "- Imagine if all journalist on that newspaper was armed, none of this would ever happened?"

Sadly, that's probably true.

I have to go with the long time period of signs and threats here. The editors were aware and just wanted to stop the harassment. Always, the signs were there.

7 hours ago, aztek said:

And no aztek. I wouldn't do well in a dictatorship :ph34r:

On 6/28/2018 at 6:06 PM, Gromdor said:

I checked out the guy's twitter and web site.  He's definitely a nutter that's been holding a grudge for half a decade.  Lot's of red flags there too.

As is almost ALWAYS the case!

Honestly, WTF? 

Don't the Cops even want to try to prevent this kind of thing?