Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egypt, was it already there?

Roc Koch

I'm aware, but I doubt that any internal ramp was the only ramp used.

Harte

5 hours ago, Coil said:

I do not understand your question, explain more clearly.

For god's sake, have a little dignity and go and take the free geology course from MIT. Stop making a fool of yourself here.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

For god's sake, have a little dignity and go and take the free geology course from MIT. Stop making a fool of yourself here.

--Jaylemurph

The guy is a troll in my opinion.

Dignity is long gone in this one I fear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Piney said:

To be perfectly honest you are making up theories without any field experience or even a basic understanding of geology. I have to admit my understanding of geology comes from running with a geologist who is also a archaeologist so it's not great...but you really need to read and get out there and stop thinking that real geologists are lying. They aren't.

Geology itself constructs numerous theories and they look unconvincing and those photos of the cut of plants look convincing and this is not a theory that is a relational fact that is sufficiently comparable to the Devil's Tower and everything becomes clear that only a living person can form such a polygonal shape and not a volcano and its vent. I have no theory, this is observation and comparison.

14 hours ago, Harte said:

After all, molten lava is held in the main vent, and the volcano doesn't melt away, does it?

Also, you are unaware of the crystallization process that occurs with minerals like basalt.

If you insist on continuing to argue from a position of ignorance, in the face of readily supplied information, then you are but a troll and will be welcomed to my ignore list.

Harte

I wanted to tell you that a volcano can not form such a form because it does not have the ability to hold lava in such a geometric form. The lava is hot and mobile so inside it does not freeze and pours out and there is no other way to freeze it, so basalt will always take amorphous not polygonal forms.
 I understand you perfectly well that you can not investigate and accept another opinion and your mind is trying to get rid of the source of anxiety, but this is a problem of your mind and not of my point of view. In any case, you can do whatever you want. I will not be disappointed at all and will go myself further.

26 minutes ago, Coil said:

Geology itself constructs numerous theories and they look unconvincing and those photos of the cut of plants look convincing and this is not a theory that is a relational fact that is sufficiently comparable to the Devil's Tower and everything becomes clear that only a living person can form such a polygonal shape and not a volcano and its vent. I have no theory, this is observation and comparison.

What we are saying are not theories, but facts ,and you cannot make observations just from pictures.

14 hours ago, Bennu said:

Just my 2 cents on how they got the stones up for the upper parts of the GP. They used the Grand Chamber as a cart track, or whatever you want to call it. Basically pulled the stones up there with ropes on "rails" of a sort.

I think that the stones were transferred through the air using the magnetic force of the earth, just as Ed Lidskalnin was working at the present time.

Therefore, only with an easy method of carrying stones can there be such huge pyramids in Egypt and other places because the costs always correspond with the capabilities of people and their technologies. We do not do this because it is costly in human resources and technologies.
The images of Egyptian gods often show the image of the cross and the circle on top. It is a symbol of the predominance of the spirit over matter.

mif66.png

img3.jpg

The planet Venus also has such a sign(the planet is ahead of us in evolution):

venus_astrology_symbol.jpg

At the same time the earth has an inverted image that indicates that on our planet matter prevails over the spirit:

%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE-%D0%BE%D0
Accordingly, mechanical means are used to move and not thin energy-magnetic. Therefore, to apply earthly methods of displacement for those times when the spirit was stronger than matter -does not follow.

2 hours ago, Coil said:

Who made this shape?

Clear-Quartz-Specimen-13.jpg

Harte

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coil said:

I think that the stones were transferred through the air using the magnetic force of the earth, just as Ed Lidskalnin was working at the present time.

Therefore, only with an easy method of carrying stones can there be such huge pyramids in Egypt and other places because the costs always correspond with the capabilities of people and their technologies. We do not do this because it is costly in human resources and technologies.
The images of Egyptian gods often show the image of the cross and the circle on top. It is a symbol of the predominance of the spirit over matter.

mif66.png

img3.jpg

At the same time the earth has an inverted image that indicates that on our planet matter prevails over the spirit:

Accordingly, mechanical means are used to move and not thin energy-magnetic. Therefore, to apply earthly methods of displacement for those times when the spirit was stronger than matter -does not follow.

Yeah but Leedskalnin never used magnetic force.

4 hours ago, Coil said:

I wanted to tell you that a volcano can not form such a form because it does not have the ability to hold lava in such a geometric form. The lava is hot and mobile so inside it does not freeze and pours out and there is no other way to freeze it, so basalt will always take amorphous not polygonal forms.

Go back and read previous posts. They replicated the effect in the lab. (Twice actually. The principle was demonstrated using common starch prior to the more recent artificial lava experiments)

What you're dealing with here is a volcanic plug. Under certain conditions, the lava nearer the surface away from the central magma chamber has a chance to cool and seal the mouth of the volcano while that below it remains liquid. Think of it like the little dried blob at the end of a bottle of Elmers glue-all.

The lava doesn't cool instantly because it's insulated just below the surface so it has time to separate out. Otherwise it would be glass. Lava flows themselves exhibit something of the principle in that the outer layers of thick deposits shield the inner allowing them to cool just slowly enough to form fine-grained basalts, rhyolites, etc., (or as in the case here, phonolite, as Piney pointed out.) instead of a porphry or granitoid.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 6:06 AM, The_Spartan said:

To all those who say that they are Indians....Indians are from India. All others can refer to themselves as native Americans or whatever the land they are from. :angry:

They, as a people, have a right to define their names.  If they want to be called Indians then we honor that.  Academics call them Native Americans.

4 hours ago, Coil said:

mif66.png

img3.jpg

Your mistake here is in using images without actually checking to see if they're real.  Every one of the images you've just shown us are done in modern times by modern artists who have not studied ancient Egypt very thoroughly.  If you're going to present an argument, it is better if you use original material from the culture in question.

The ankh represents life.  Egyptians wrote that it represented life.  Not "spirit over matter" (for one thing, "spirit" is not written with an ankh hieroglyph but with something completely different.)

Those symbols were created by alchemists after about 800 AD.  They aren't "incredibly ancient" no matter what someone might have made up to use in convincing others of their views.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Coil said:

Have you ever taken basic earth science?  Gone on rock hunting trips?  Dug for fossils with a paleontology team?

What, exactly have you observed and compared?  Have you walked on the Giant's Causeway or other such areas?  Have you gone to Devil's Tower?  Collected samples of the layers of different types of stone in a canyon?  Can you tell coquina from marl from 40 feet away?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coil said:

mif66.png

img3.jpg

[...]

Hello Coil.  Sorry but I cannot agree with you.

The images of the Egyptian gods you posted are not authentic, but rather glamorized, modern interpretations of such.  Therefore, relative to your statement I've highlighted in blue, the images do not provide any corresponding proof.  The ankh which they hold is not a 'cross', and doesn't symbolize earthly matter, but rather the life force.  The sun disk on their heads is not a circle representing 'spirit', but is Ra, the sun god, the source.

If you wish to give meaning to the placement of such component symbols on an authentic, ancient image you would have to conclude that Ra, the source, has predominance over the human life force.

edited to add:  It just occurred to me that you may be referring solely to the ankh as a circle and cross beneath it. (If so, sorry for misreading you, but you didn't make it very clear.)  Still, there is no circle in the ankh.  That is a loop:

The ankh, also known as "crux ansata" is an ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic ideograph symbolizing "life". The Egyptian gods are often portrayed carrying it by its loop, or bearing one in each hand, arms crossed over their chest. Wikipedia
z.._ankh.png.1d4b2fb7a9f4ecfb30a00c368fe53878.png

Edited by The Wistman
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Harte said:

Who made this shape?

Clear-Quartz-Specimen-13.jpg

Harte

Well, if you are interested in the fact that minerals grow and therefore exhibit primitive plant life. And since the tree of the Devil's Tower is an earlier example of plant life on earth than the current trees, it is an example of a relict tree form.

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Yeah but Leedskalnin never used magnetic force.

He used magnetic force because he could see the magnetic fields of the earth that our scientists do not see .. so do not know how to apply magnetic gravity not to the attraction but to transfer stone blocks.In his estate no lifting devices were found.

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Those symbols were created by alchemists after about 800 AD.  They aren't "incredibly ancient" no matter what someone might have made up to use in convincing others of their views.

Symbols exist since the time when the universe was formed and the solar system only in civilizations they were imprinted when we developed the writing but they indicate in what state the planet is in.

The symbol of our time is the cross (immersion in the material) that can be found everywhere in the churches and before entering a certain city and the crucifixion of Christ (Spirit) by matter (ignorant people)

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Have you walked on the Giant's Causeway or other such areas?  Have you gone to Devil's Tower?

I have already said that in order to understand something, it does not have to be somewhere in your hands. You do not check all the knowledge that you gave in the school personally. By the way, regarding Giant's Causeway, there is no near any volcano, there are small mountains and everything. So the theory that the volcano is the cause of congestion is incorrect. In other places where such polygonal stones meet, there are also no volcanoes nearby, so there is absolutely nothing to do with volcanic origin.

Edited by Coil

14 minutes ago, Coil said:

Well,
I have already said that in order to understand something, it does not have to be somewhere in your hands. You do not check all the knowledge that you gave in the school personally. By the way, regarding Giant's Causeway, there is no near any volcano, there are small mountains and everything. So the theory that the volcano is the cause of congestion is incorrect. In other places where such polygonal stones meet, there are also no volcanoes nearby, so there is absolutely nothing to do with volcanic origin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Atlantic_Igneous_Province

Not even 10 minutes' work.

Your problem is you're assuming that because Devil's Tower is an isolate, the others are too. Not so. The Giant's causeway for instance covers 174 acres. In many cases, the columns bleed into the the surrounding rock, showing them as part of a homogeneous unit.

Explain this for instance:

20137105071_9d8946c501_b.jpg

or this:

9413basalt.JPG

A thin layer only a couple meters thick plunked directly on top of another layer of rock with another layer on top, extending for some distance. And don't try and tell it's some sort of log slice, esp. not when it clearly follows the contours of the underlying rock..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coil said:

He used magnetic force because he could see the magnetic fields of the earth that our scientists do not see .. so do not know how to apply magnetic gravity not to the attraction but to transfer stone blocks.In his estate no lifting devices were found.

Except the hoists are there in the tool shed at Coral Castle.

Where do you get your information from?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Have you ever taken basic earth science?  Gone on rock hunting trips?  Dug for fossils with a paleontology team?

What, exactly have you observed and compared?  Have you walked on the Giant's Causeway or other such areas?  Have you gone to Devil's Tower?  Collected samples of the layers of different types of stone in a canyon?  Can you tell coquina from marl from 40 feet away?

No, not only has he not done so, he actively refuses to do so, given the (virtual) opportunity.

He's not (just) profoundly ignorant, he's militantly ignorant, which is a whole other level.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

No, not only has he not done so, he actively refuses to do so, given the (virtual) opportunity.

He's not (just) profoundly ignorant, he's militantly ignorant, which is a whole other level.

--Jaylemurph

If he's serious. I would rather believe he is playing a game rather than think any human could be this lacking in knowledge or common sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Except the hoists are there in the tool shed at Coral Castle.

Where do you get your information from?

Yep.  And his autobiography has news clippings saying he showed students in shop class how to use the simple machines and there's photos of him with hoists, moving rocks.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Coil said:

Well, if you are interested in the fact that minerals grow and therefore exhibit primitive plant life. And since the tree of the Devil's Tower is an earlier example of plant life on earth than the current trees, it is an example of a relict tree form.

Actually, it's the product of the shape of atoms themselves.  Not plants.  I'm not sure what you define as a plant, but to the rest of us it's a carbon based lifeform that uses photosynthesis (I'm simplifying.)

Ed (as it says in his biographies and many other places) moved stones by winch and by truck.  He didn't own any trucks but frequently borrowed friends' trucks.  And scientists see magnetic forces of the Earth and in the Earth... it's pretty simple to measure.

The symbol of our time is the cross (immersion in the material) that can be found everywhere in the churches and before entering a certain city and the crucifixion of Christ (Spirit) by matter (ignorant people)

But only in Christian areas.  In non-Christian areas, no.

It's the result of an ancient volcano.  The remains of the volcano are still there, but eroded and covered up.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant's_Causeway

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I asked some of these questions and never got a answer.......

6 hours ago, Coil said:

Symbols exist since the time when the universe was formed and the solar system only in civilizations they were imprinted when we developed the writing but they indicate in what state the planet is in.

Goodbye.

Wouldn't have happened had your woo milk been a little sweeter.

Harte

Just now, Harte said:

Goodbye.

Wouldn't have happened had your woo milk been a little sweeter.

Harte

I guess that woo milk was too sour.

Chunky. And not chunky with blueberries.

Harte

• The topic was locked