Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Emotional Vampires

LightAngel

5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Yes, any organisation of people which has sociopaths that arent gotten rid off has co-dependency problems.

Sociopaths are good at sniffing out broken people. By broken I mean the parents broke them mentally during childhood and the result is they give abusers everything they want to avoid being targeted. Worse, they cave psychologically to them too meaning they accept the reality dictated to them by the sociopath without question. If you try to get them to question what they are told you get anger and panic out of them.

Maybe there should be a commandment for thou shall honor thy children....

Edited by GoldenWolf

19 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Yes, any organisation of people which has sociopaths that arent gotten rid off has co-dependency problems.

Sociopaths are good at sniffing out broken people. By broken I mean the parents broke them mentally during childhood and the result is they give abusers everything they want to avoid being targeted. Worse, they cave psychologically to them too meaning they accept the reality dictated to them by the sociopath without question. If you try to get them to question what they are told you get anger and panic out of them.

Yes.

Because they have open wounds.

Mental wounds are just as painful as physical wounds. 

Love is the biggest healer, so if you want to be a part of the solution then please remember that.

Again...... all we can do is inspire each other, but with a kind attitude and the right kind of tools we can come a long way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2018 at 9:58 PM, RabidMongoose said:

Sociopaths are normally homosexual or transgender (although someone can be homosexual or transgender without being a sociopath) and they have narcissism in their disorder. 

I didn't look for my own answers here.

And society only did very little research on this topic!

So.......... how can you be so sure?!

Did you do your own research?!

I actually didn't want to post a reply here because I was a little afraid to hurt some people's feelings.

• 5 weeks later...

"Sociopath vs Psychopath - What's The Difference?"

Empathic, highly sensitive people tend to have more difficulties with emotional vampires because they are more easily effected by their social surroundings.  Some people may have the ability to simply tune them out but I have trouble ignoring them.       

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sheltie said:

Empathic, highly sensitive people tend to have more difficulties with emotional vampires because they are more easily effected by their social surroundings.  Some people may have the ability to simply tune them out but I have trouble ignoring them.       

It depends on your perspective 

On 13/1/2019 at 8:45 PM, Sheltie said:

Very true.

You should have the biggest empathy for yourself, never forget that!

You can learn to protect yourself, but it will take some work.

• Like 3