Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cops spooked by 'haunted' police station

Still Waters

Policemen at a ‘haunted’ Jharkhand police station have been offering prayers to get deliverance from “wandering spirits”.

Such is the fear of ghosts at the Jugsalai police station, that cops leave the place by 11pm each night to escape the ire of the supernatural powers, witnesses say.

The police station is located in Jamshedpur town of Jharkhand state, some 445km south of Patna.

Authorities said cops have been routinely organising prayers at the police station every month without fail and making offerings to ‘invisible spirits’ to ward off the ‘ghosts’ who have spooked them at the police station.

https://gulfnews.com/news/asia/india/india-cops-imprisoned-by-fear-of-ghosts-at-haunted-police-station-1.2244145

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Apparently, the prayer and offerings aren't working.

Too bad they're not on here. I could suggest the LBRP. 

• Haha 4

LMAO glad they didn't work in the booking section of my old cop shop.

bwahahahaha

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

LMAO glad they didn't work in the booking section of my old cop shop.

bwahahahaha

Can you imagine them working under me on the Tribal Security Force. :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Can you imagine them working under me on the Tribal Security Force. :whistle:

They should let me fix the ghost issue. I'm quite sure I could figure out what's going on. 

• Haha 1

I know for a fact that some recording class of hauntings are real. That booking section was one. We'd sit there with no one arrested or being held, no one else on the entire complex but the two of us, and hear the chains rattling of shackles and cuffs and occasionally even a steel door slamming. Watch right on the cameras nothing moved, no one was there, but you'd hear it. All night long, some nights. We'd turn the TV up and ignore it. 

• Like 1

Yeah,I wish they were closer.

It would be really funny if they were all big, tough guys and I had to venture into the dark for them to make it safe. 

• Thanks 1

Why does all this un-authenticated paranormal stuff happen in India?

Oh, also in Russia.

Edited by pallidin

This sounds more like mass hysteria with the given information. I doubt they even tried an actual investigation.

Send me here, I�ll sit a night out with them. To ease their souls. Well at least to test it out.
Much love to them all, and all of youse.

Well, I know where I'm moving if I want to commit crime after 11pm.

• Haha 1

Have you noticed that spirits seem to emerge only after dark as if on a night shift schedule. But, therein we find the real culprit. No one really wants to work night shift so let us blame it on errant spirits so we can go home.

16 minutes ago, highdesert50 said:

Have you noticed that spirits seem to emerge only after dark as if on a night shift schedule. But, therein we find the real culprit. No one really wants to work night shift so let us blame it on errant spirits so we can go home.

I love shift work, it’s nice to be out of sync with the majority. Maybe I’ll apply to work over there. Unsure about the pay though. 

• Like 1

There is one brave soul remaining on night shift who cannot respond to calls because he is performing exorcisim rituals to cleanse the station (read hiding in the back room and sleeping.)

Good people of Jamshedpur: you are on your own.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Timothy said:

I love shift work, it’s nice to be out of sync with the majority. Maybe I’ll apply to work over there. Unsure about the pay though. 

heck yeah, nights is the shift to work. Less hassle by far.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

heck yeah, nights is the shift to work. Less hassle by far.

Evidently not for the police at this station. For producing some very educated people it's hard to believe this stuff still happens.  Are there some eerie things we can't explain yet?  Sure! But if the police are scared, I don't want them coming on a call to my home. My shadow man may scare them!  Haven't "seen" him for some time.  Maybe he got tired of camping out in my driveway.  Come to think about it, maybe my wife's old car was haunted as he's been gone as long as we have my wife's new car.

6 hours ago, highdesert50 said:

More likely human's fear levels rise at night. Couple the power of suggestion with an instinctive fear of not being able to see as well in the dark, and I think we've identified the source of a majority of ghost sightings throughout human history.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, paperdyer said:

Evidently not for the police at this station. For producing some very educated people it's hard to believe this stuff still happens.  Are there some eerie things we can't explain yet?  Sure! But if the police are scared, I don't want them coming on a call to my home. My shadow man may scare them!  Haven't "seen" him for some time.  Maybe he got tired of camping out in my driveway.  Come to think about it, maybe my wife's old car was haunted as he's been gone as long as we have my wife's new car.

unless your house is in India, I doubt they will be coming :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Psychological vetting is so important in public service applications.