Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Advenix

Have ET's Already Discovered Earth?

78 posts in this topic

GlitterRose

The failure on the part of ET's to fraternize with speaking mammals like us can hardly be considered the absence of evidence that someone out there has already discovered Earth and has it under study

Absence of evidence is actually absence of evidence. 

It isn't somehow proof that extraterrestrials exist, but follow special rules about interacting with nature. 

There are all kinds of assumptions being made.

An assumption that there is intelligent alien life, an assumption that it has made it here, and another assumption that all alien life follows some rule about not interacting with nature. 

Against Occam's Razor.

I remember watching some preacher in the '80s wander around the woods with some camera guy looking for evidence of Satanic Rituals.

He actually tried to say that the fact that there was no evidence at all meant there had been Satanic Rituals, and they had cleaned up the site. 

It's the same deal here where you're trying to claim absence of evidence is some kind of proof of what you want to believe. 

It just isn't.

• Like 1

Minimalists
On 7/21/2018 at 7:11 AM, Mrgood said:

It is blurry to you because you were not there looking at it. A picture at night taken of a UFO moving through a dark sky is never going to be a clear image unless it is fake.That is the reason I included the sketch.UFO Alien Sketched For Blind People

A picture at night taken of a UFO moving through a dark sky is never going to be a clear image unless it is fake.

Yeah. OK. Pardon me if I don't buy that.

• Like 1

ChrLzs

Mr Good... I see from your portfolio that you are a champion of the Penetrating Photographic Process!!!!!111!!1!!!!!!.

(Warning - if you click that link, you *will* lose IQ points...)

Just a quick tip - trolling is against the rules here...

On 7/21/2018 at 9:11 PM, Mrgood said:

It is blurry to you because you were not there looking at it. A picture at night taken of a UFO moving through a dark sky is never going to be a clear image unless it is fake.That is the reason I included the sketch.UFO Alien Sketched For Blind People

Are you rather new to the topic?  Our sky surveillance nowadays is 10 to 10,000 times better than it was, say 50 years ago.  From all night HD allskycams, to people like me who can now afford (and carry) very capable DSLR's, bridge cameras, superzooms, given the new affordability of greatly improved camera tech.  Your comments show that you are suffering a really, really basic beginner's error.  A UFO *not* close to you, and thus excusably blurred, WILL BE CLOSE TO OTHERS.  Given all those cameras, why are we still waiting for a decent shot, given the sheer weight of numbers?

Here, let me answer that question for you others who might be interested in learning.

The very simple answer is that the people who are closer immediately recognise the object and do not bother posting ridiculously over-enlarged, over zoomed, false-detail-laden hogwash of the sort you just did. 

• Like 2