Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ex-NASA scientist claims that UFOs are real

1 hour ago, Truthseeker007 said:

How is it improbable? Do you understand how big the universe is and the number of suns and planets there are? Not to mention how old the Universe is and this Earth is not very old. We have to be very ignorant to believe that there is no other intelligent life and intelligent life that is beyond our scope of understanding.

You are making a statement based on no facts. It comes across as wishful thinking. The number of planets outside of our solar system was unknown till recently. It still is a fairly unknown quantity. Our Earth is 1/3 the age of the universe. How do you know whether or not the earlier universe was appropriate for life? what about supernova. They regularly cauterize huge areas of galaxies. Maybe very little of a galaxy is able to support life in the long term. We simply do not know.

Is it ignorant to suppose that there are no other intelligent life forms in the universe? Is it ignorant to suppose it exists when there is no evidence either way?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Truthseeker007 said:

It is amazing how everything goes back to the flat earth theory. The CIA did a great job in passing the flat earth theory around to see how many people would latch on to it. Now anybody who thinks outside the box can be labeled as a flat earther. The conspiracy theorist tag was not working anymore so they needed a new program for the mainstream dwellers. Everybody back to sleep nothing here.:lol:

I take it that this is just random ramblings of the inebriated mind.

14 hours ago, The Starman said:

What it has to do with me or my profession ? what is your point ?

You can't even asnwer a simple question above How do you draw conclusion when can't verify actual facts ? Instead of answering , you start writing nonsense.
By the way, if you're concerned so much about offtopic, then turn to the first page and look at the mirror. Don't be a hypocrite.

The fact is you may think you are smart and educated but only educated in an illusion based off of a lie. I wouldn't be able to share facts with you when your idea of facts is a lie to start with.

3 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

The fact is you may think you are smart and educated but only educated in an illusion based off of a lie. I wouldn't be able to share facts with you when your idea of facts is a lie to start with.

That hardly means anything. You should stop the dancing around and say something of substance such as what lie you are talking about. Can you do that?

On 03/07/2018 at 8:00 AM, Stiff said:

I don't think anybody understands just how big the universe is if we're being honest here, it's probably unfathomable to comprehend. 

Yep, I think sometimes we need a little reminder in just how tiny we are in the 'bigger picture' where the Universe is concerned. 

saturn_does_not_often_come_this_close_to_earth_and_this_will_be_a_sight_no_one_currently_living_4.png

On 03/07/2018 at 8:00 AM, Stiff said:

Look, I'm on your side here dude. I don't doubt for a minute that there are other intelligent life forms out there somewhere but there's always that chance, no-matter how minuscule, that whatever sparked life here and the conditions that it needed to evolve in the way that is has, may not exist anywhere else. 

Hell, my own belief is that life here (or at least the ingredients for it) may well have come from extra terrestrial origins - be that on a meteorite, comet or whatever. Who knows.

I don't, however, sign up for the fact that aliens have, or are visiting us. There's just no evidence in any form, let alone proof. That is of course, unless you can sway me with that something that you 'may or may not know'. I'm always willing to listen sensible theories on these kinds of things. 

Good post. I'm on the same page with your thinking. 

• Like 3

On 03/07/2018 at 8:55 AM, Hawkin said:

alien52.jpg

So is that where dear ChrLzs is ...:rolleyes:

:lol:..

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Astra. said:

So is that where dear ChrLzs is ...:rolleyes:

:lol:..

:lol: He's stopping those pesky aliens from probing someone.:alien:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

:lol: He's stopping those pesky aliens from probing someone.:alien:

Ouch!...then he's got quite a job on his hands :whistle:..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

Ouch!...then he's got quite a job on his hands :whistle:..

If he can't steer them away, then he'll just shoot'em down.

alien35.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People, on average, spend a quarter of their week working, a third of it sleeping, and much of the rest on the internet talking about stuff they have very little to no experience with up close because they did all that other stuff. Hey! Look at the sky every single freaking night! It's good stuff.

On 02/07/2018 at 2:47 AM, Alien Origins said:

Your right..This is just more conspiracy theory.

Document comes out about NASA scientist. Governments have admitted to looking into UFOs secretly since project SIGN. Including Australia.

But one guys says "nah".., and that's a sufficient rebuttal? :huh:

This site is gold. I'm doing a case study on attitudes surrounding UFO research.., showing the bias from both sides. The scoffers are actually worse than believers.., but still think they're being "scientific" about the process.
You guys are gonna make history as examples of illogical thinking.., and being so gullible that you all believe anything from a peer / team member.

The attitudes displayed here only strengthens my point each day. Keep it coming guys!

Edited by Fila

On 03/07/2018 at 7:30 AM, Truthseeker007 said:

Do ants see humans?

Do you feel like elaborating on the ant thingy ?....I do know that from waaay above....we humans look like ants. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fila said:

Document comes out about NASA scientist. Governments have admitted to looking into UFOs secretly since project SIGN. Including Australia.

But one guys says "nah".., and that's a sufficient rebuttal? :huh:

This site is gold. I'm doing a case study on attitudes surrounding UFO research.., showing the bias from both sides. The scoffers are actually worse than believers.., but still think they're being "scientific" about the process.
You guys are gonna make history as examples of illogical thinking.., and being so gullible that you all believe anything from a peer / team member.

The attitudes displayed here only strengthens my point each day. Keep it coming guys!

This site is gold. I'm doing a case study on attitudes surrounding UFO research.., showing the bias from both sides.

FIla there is going to be bias in every subject...Religion, Paranormal etc..there is just no way around it....

People are going to draw their own conclusions based on the available data and information....If you really want to do a study look at how conspiracy theory plays into this....and there is a lot of it....I cannot speak for everyone else but as for me UFOs/UAPs do exist. There are things in the sky that some times do not always have a reasonable explanation ....People (believers) have to stop assuming they are aliens from another planet.

• Like 3

One of the worst scoffers of course is Fila. Fila is extremely dismissive of informed people. Fila is close minded about anything showing that there is a prosaic explanation of any event.

Suggestions of this site being gold is simply the scoffer coming out yet again.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

FIla there is going to be bias in every subject...Religion, Paranormal etc..there is just no way around it....

People are going to draw their own conclusions based on the available data and information....If you really want to do a study look at how conspiracy theory plays into this....and there is a lot of it....I cannot speak for everyone else but as for me UFOs/UAPs do exist. There are things in the sky that some times do not always have a reasonable explanation ....People (believers) have to stop assuming they are aliens from another planet.

So people are going to draw their own conclusions. This somehow justifies believing what old mate told you.

But then in the same post you say people need to stop assuming (drawing conclusions).

This post got 4 likes from your team mates. 

Edited by Fila

6 minutes ago, The Starman said:

NASA scientist claims that UFOs are real. Two people in discussion agree that the truth is important.
What is the right way to figure it all out, that :

A. UFOs (flying saucers included) really exist ?
B. NASA scientist really told the truth ?

I'm not a fan of relying on psychology to form conclusions. It's all a bit hairy fairy imo.., and the replications crisis confirms its an unreliable field. 

I like real tangible things I can test, measure and replicate. (A) is the correct answer.

Its a lot better that (C). Form a conclusion based on the little evidence presented.

Edited by Fila

22 minutes ago, The Starman said:

You misunderstood.

NASA scientist claims that UFOs are real. Two people in discussion agree that the truth is important.
What is the right way to figure it all out, that :

A. UFOs (flying saucers included) really exist ?
B. NASA scientist really told the truth ?

i think its a waste of time looking into people's individual claims because 

a ) Its very hard to prove someone is lying.., or telling the truth.

b ) it won't prove anything

c ) if they are lying.., it only fuels their desire for attention.

Just listen.., nod.., say thank you for your information.., and walk away. There are hundreds of thousands of UFO reports.., to take the approach of looking into everyone's personal life for clues etc.., is a massive task. The time could be spent designing tests to confirm or deny a variety of hypothesise.

The Hessdallen UFO observatory is a great example of testing an hypothesis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fila said:

So people are going to draw their own conclusions. This somehow justifies believing what old mate told you.

But then in the same post you say people need to stop assuming (drawing conclusions).

There are no team mates...At least to me anyway...I cannot help it if they like a post and cannot stop them doing it..

Just for the record I have an old adage that goes something like this: "I believe little I hear and nothing I see."

Where exactly in that post did I draw a conclusion? I said people need to draw their own conclusions thats a statement not a conclusion. I also went on to say that UFOs/UAPs are real...The conclusion part comes in where people without knowing what they are looking at conclude its an alien craft...People go from an abject statement of ignorance to an abject statement of certainty without even knowing what they are looking at...An no one here cannot say they have not seen things weather in the sky or otherwise that they have not done this....We all do it..I have did it....

The human mind has a perception problem and its not always what we see its what we want to see...No amount of bickering, arguing, debating or otherwise will change the fact we are human and we make mistakes weather it concerns UFOs or anything else...Here is a pretty good article on it:

https://theness.com/index.php/sightings-ufos-and-visual-perception/

There is absolutely no question whatsoever that UFOs are real.   I saw a couple just the other night.

The problem is when people decide that UFOs are something specific, with no evidence to support that conjecture.  

Until we have empircal evidence of alien spacecraft visiting earth (ie one lands and we all see it and get to go inside and we meet the occupants) then there is nothing to suppose any UFOs are alien spacecraft.

Edited by Essan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

There are no team mates...At least to me anyway...I cannot help it if they like a post and cannot stop them doing it..

There are no team mates? I can show otherwise. I think its a pretty well known thing by now. Its probably the biggest issue with UFOs imo.

Just for the record I have an old adage that goes something like this: "I believe little I hear and nothing I see."

Actions speak louder than words though. That's twice I've seen it now. I must give you credit though.., you are the most logical, and rational person I have dealt with while being here.., and I do respect people willing to look into UFOs at all. I have posed these questions to members here.., and only get the run around / throw-off tactics in response.

Apologies for coming off harsh.., but my patience was all used up dealing with other people falsely accusing me of lying and misleading people.., while constantly being ignored myself. Mad rep points for dealing with these questions that have caused so much emotional drama to others.., rather than simply replying.

Where exactly in that post did I draw a conclusion? I said people need to draw their own conclusions thats a statement not a conclusion.

"People are going to draw their own conclusions based on the available data and information." (In defence of agreeing with old mates post with no substance)

Then..

"There are things in the sky that some times do not always have a reasonable explanation ....People (believers) have to stop assuming they are aliens from another planet." (Saying these people cannot draw their own conclusions.., because it doesn't agree with yours).

Having multiple theories is healthy in science.., and actually required.

Being dismissive is just being dismissive. Nothing more than bias. I allow multiple hypothesis to coexist in other fields.., without going out of my way to disprove them, as opposed to using that time to test my own.

I am sceptical of my own hypothesis.., and information. Other people are firm "believers" in their hypothesis.., that they are not sceptical of their own findings.(Bias) For anyone to form a "conclusion" about an unknown phenomenon.., based on the little evidence gathered.., is incorrect. What you have is a theory. An idea.

I could argue that the ETH is a more scientifically credible theory.., than whatever the latter is.., which seems to be loosely based on fringe pseudo-psychology by amateurs to conclude cases, that are not even peer-reviewed.

I have actually asked this in the past to no avail. What is the "scoffers" working hypothesis.., and how is it being tested?

(Again, apologies for this question. In your defence no one here has been able to answer this)

Edited by Fila

I am not a scoffer....I am somewhere between skeptic and believer...So I have no defense on being a scoffer because I don't see myself as one...Scoffers totally reject the entire UFO phenomena as I understand it..

42 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

I am not a scoffer....I am somewhere between skeptic and believer...So I have no defense on being a scoffer because I don't see myself as one...Scoffers totally reject the entire UFO phenomena as I understand it..

Okay.., for arguments sake, let's go with the traditional word "sceptic". 

What is the "sceptical" hypothesis?

1 hour ago, Fila said:

I could argue that the ETH is a more scientifically credible theory.., than whatever the latter is.., which seems to be loosely based on fringe pseudo-psychology by amateurs to conclude cases, that are not even peer-reviewed.

Why don't you actually do that? Take the incident you find most intriguing and present your best case on why-on the balance of probabilities, or whatever standard of proof you prefer-ET is more plausible than an earthly explanation. 

26 minutes ago, Fila said:

Okay.., for arguments sake, let's go with the traditional word "sceptic". 

What is the "sceptical" hypothesis?

Hell I don't know....I am most likely the only one on this forum who has not formed some kind of definitive opinion on the matter. In some since I believe that UFOs are just a part of a cultural phenomena that has exploded into an all out debate on weather we have been visited by ET's or spaceships have landed on Earth. Hell I have not even thought about any hypothesis on the subject its all fairly interesting to me and besides I am just here for the food.

Or let me put bluntly..I have not formed an hypothesis that I feel can be defended in any sensible manner.....

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 1