Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ex-NASA scientist claims that UFOs are real

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you can start a decent debate if you want= what ya got?

Wouldn't mind help understanding what happened in the Pascagoula event or the Portage county event......any ideas?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quillius said:

Wouldn't mind help understanding what happened in the Pascagoula event or the Portage county event......any ideas?

CGI ;)

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

CGI ;)

made me smile :D

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 12:40 AM, quillius said:

hey Psyche, hope you are well!!!

Gidday mate! 

Its been an 'interesting' couple of years with my share of challenges. 

whats happened to all the decent debates here on UM....

I know right. Its a sad state of affairs these days. 

I pop in from time to time and get frustrated and leave.........

Pretty much the same, I post very sporadically here these days. 

Great to hear from you bud. All the best and I hope everything has been great with you and the family. :)

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 1:03 AM, quillius said:

made me smile :D

LOL. Me too! 

On 8/15/2018 at 12:54 AM, quillius said:

As a slightly flippant and perhaps shallow reply  (do feel free to correct me on any points I'm misremembering - it's been a while)....

Pascagoula
I believe Hickson created the hoax, and for whatever reason {cough...}, had a willing participant in the 'cover' story in the young Parker, who had drunk himself unconconscious...  Things that make me most skeptical include:

- Parker in the interviews admitted he was not conscious for the entire event.

- despite there being a nearby business that had people in attendance and with a clear view over the area, *plus* a security camera, no-one else saw or recorded anything unusual

- Hickson did have a conviction of fraud, so it wasn't like he was new to making stuff up...

- other claims of seeing ufo's that night don't match, and also the reports were made after the story got out (that always happens..)

- iirc, there was no medical examination of either man that night.  While one went to hospital the next day or so, that was just for a superficial exam regarding a possible eye injury of which there was found to be no evidence...

That last one really bugs me - alleged close contact with aliens and the claims of the aliens rigorously 'examining' Hickson and Parker... and yet they don't get checked out?  Say what?  Police (and the two guys) unworried about contamination?  Or was it perhaps that Hickson and Parker did not want to be fully examined...    I'll leave it at that..

Be back later for Portage, but that one was a just a huge mess and I have no real idea where to even start.  I do think Portage is weird in terms of the silence of other 'witnesses', who seemed to rather grudgingly agree with the main claimant....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

As a slightly flippant and perhaps shallow reply  (do feel free to correct me on any points I'm misremembering - it's been a while)....

Pascagoula
I believe Hickson created the hoax, and for whatever reason {cough...}, had a willing participant in the 'cover' story in the young Parker, who had drunk himself unconconscious...  Things that make me most skeptical include:

- Parker in the interviews admitted he was not conscious for the entire event.

- despite there being a nearby business that had people in attendance and with a clear view over the area, *plus* a security camera, no-one else saw or recorded anything unusual

- Hickson did have a conviction of fraud, so it wasn't like he was new to making stuff up...

- other claims of seeing ufo's that night don't match, and also the reports were made after the story got out (that always happens..)

- iirc, there was no medical examination of either man that night.  While one went to hospital the next day or so, that was just for a superficial exam regarding a possible eye injury of which there was found to be no evidence...

That last one really bugs me - alleged close contact with aliens and the claims of the aliens rigorously 'examining' Hickson and Parker... and yet they don't get checked out?  Say what?  Police (and the two guys) unworried about contamination?  Or was it perhaps that Hickson and Parker did not want to be fully examined...    I'll leave it at that..

Be back later for Portage, but that one was a just a huge mess and I have no real idea where to even start.  I do think Portage is weird in terms of the silence of other 'witnesses', who seemed to rather grudgingly agree with the main claimant....

Ive always been of the personal opinion that the funny way they approached it all  seems like they are hiding somthing. My guess is based on the strong religious sentiment at the time, and in the location. I think they got blind drink, and Hickson took advantage of a drunk Parker, who didn't reject his advances. I honestly think it would explain a lot about the Pascagoula case. 

• Like 1

Yup, that was what I was sorta hinting at, in regards to the 'lack of interest' in getting a medical check immediately after the event .....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Pascagoula

by all accounts, Parker did not drink.

- Parker in the interviews admitted he was not conscious for the entire event.  yes he admitted fainting but only at the point the 'creatures' reached him. He was described as going limp but admitted he fainted. However he still corroborates seeing the 'ship' and the creatures and that they approached the men. I think fainting at this point is perfectly reasonable :)

there was no security camera, that was made up by a journalist.  with regards no one else seeing it.  A detective called pudding Broadus (or something similar) also a man called Cataldo made a report and I remember someone said a guard at Ingalls shipyard saw something. the detective reported this on the night to Glenn Ryder who was first to interview men. 

- Hickson did have a conviction of fraud, so it wasn't like he was new to making stuff up... I need to look into this again, although I would softly add that fraud isn't exactly making stories up. Again from an ageing memory it was to do with taking money from an employee...will check this out again. to be honest, not even sure this was confirmed....also remember him being talked about as a very honourable war veteran.

- other claims of seeing ufo's that night don't match, and also the reports were made after the story got out (that always happens..) the couple I read matched. although we know how difficult this part can be to have identical reports, even if peopel are witnessing the same thing.

- iirc, there was no medical examination of either man that night.  While one went to hospital the next day or so, that was just for a superficial exam regarding a possible eye injury of which there was found to be no evidence... not how I recall it. Firstly the men were begging to see a doctor and be examined that night. I also recall quite thorough examinations being made on both men the following day.

That last one really bugs me - alleged close contact with aliens and the claims of the aliens rigorously 'examining' Hickson and Parker... and yet they don't get checked out?  Say what?  Police (and the two guys) unworried about contamination?  Or was it perhaps that Hickson and Parker did not want to be fully examined...    I'll leave it at that.. as above, you can clearly hear them asking to be examined on both the interview transcripts and the recording when left alone. 

will post a couple of links later as I find them (time permitting). Will try and dig out the recordings also which for me tell us quite a bit especially when you can hear the tone in addition to the actual words.

Personally I do believe the men experienced something frightening that night. I do not believe it was sexual or a hoax. 

thanks Chrlzs, to be honest I have a new PC and lost a lot of the links and documents I had relating to the case, and for some reason I cannot get to the old threads on here when searching as they had a lot of the links and docs that I (and Psyche) had posted in the past......cant seem to go back more than a year?

anyhow, mainly from memory I have posted some responses in bold above as I couldn't successfully split the quotes grrr,

regards Hickson and fraud. This was circulated by Joe!!!

''Joe Eszterhas also exhumed a less than glorious episode in the career of Charles Hickson: he has been seemingly fired from his foreman position at Ingalls Shipyards, when colleagues revealed that on several occasions, when unable to give borrowed money back he offered promotions instead. ''

Joe.......who has even less credibility than some UFO hoaxers!

also re: other reports from the night (although I add not confirmed)

''it is also claimed that motorists from the nearby highway should have seen the blue light in the night and did not. This is plainly wrong, and Sherrif Diamond did respond to that, his office actually received three unnamed reports of motorists who did see the blue light where the two men were abducted, a few hundred yards from the highway.''

also this, make of it what you will....I cannot confirm this either.

RADAR JAMMED - James Thornhill, a retired Air Force officer, meteorologist and director of civil defense in the south Mississippi community of Columbia, sits by the radar scope he says "jammed" as he was tracking an object that became stationary just before the radar went out. Thornhill said shortly after that he began getting reports of UFO's from area residents. The south central U.S. is the current center of "flying saucer" sightings. (UPI)

I did warn about it all being witness statements, reports and lots of other fluffy stuff...no data for you to get stuck into Chrlzs...

although for me the recordings on the night I think provide the best way to get an accurate feel for the men

On 7/30/2018 at 5:29 AM, psyche101 said:

If theres an ounce of truth to the utter nonsense Icke and his ilk claim, where is the proof? You can't tell me what he is saying is proof, it doesn't hold up to scrutiny. He has sucked in thousands over the years, why can't a single one of them provide any proof at all? Why is it always third hand stories that don't have any support at all and nothing that can be verified? Why can't you blow the whistle with something solid yourself? What's so compelling about hard to believe stories which are not supported that have real world explanations which actually are supported? Sure there's probably life out there, but there's no real evidence that any such species has visited here. There's anecdotes and some pretty extraordinary claims without extraordinary evidence. I mean what actual case has more hard proof behind it than Walkers alien God claim? 

@Psyche never heard of Walkers God claim..You got a link?

51 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Johnnie Walker ? The more you drink, the more aliens you see ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

Just remember, you asked........ 

I apologise in advance. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Just remember, you asked........ 

I apologise in advance. 

Yeah. Yeah I did...Thanks for the warning.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 4:21 AM, UM-Bot said:

Prof. Kevin Knuth maintains that the truth is out there and that governments are covering up evidence of ET.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/319297/ex-nasa-scientist-claims-that-ufos-are-real

I've seen them, no need for proof here.

19 minutes ago, Omnaka said:

I've seen them, no need for proof here.

That's no good to the rest of the world though. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 12:17 AM, psyche101 said:

That's no good to the rest of the world though. 

If you're just talking about UFO's in general, then nothing is good enough for the rest of the world. Either you've seen one up close like I have or you haven't and no matter what Military you cite which know about the existence of these strange objects, it will never be good enough for someone who has never seen one and think it's all just in peoples heads or Conspiracy Theory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lost_shaman said:

If you're just talking about UFO's in general, then nothing is good enough for the rest of the world. Either you've seen one up close like I have or you haven't and no matter what Military you cite which know about the existence of these strange objects, it will never be good enough for someone who has never seen one and think it's all just in peoples heads or Conspiracy Theory. 

That poster (and the fellow in the link in the OP) was talking about ET. 

I simply don't believe that poster. One of those people who sees aliens, gods spirits, you name it. 

UFOs in general have so many good explanations that they seem quite credible, just not as alien spaceships. That idea is completely unsupported. 

Just now, psyche101 said:

UFOs in general have so many good explanations that they seem quite credible, just not as alien spaceships. That idea is completely unsupported. 

After all these years you should know my opinion on the subject. I doubt UFO's are E.T.s but also simply can't rule it out due to the nature or lack thereof of the UFO's themselves.

10 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

After all these years you should know my opinion on the subject. I doubt UFO's are E.T.s but also simply can't rule it out due to the nature or lack thereof of the UFO's themselves.

Yes, but my comment that you quoted was directed towards another poster who was claiming to know UFOs are ET vehicles. 

Rather than rule it out, I just don't think there's any good reason to consider UFOs to be ET related at all. They have as much to do with aliens as kitchen chairs do. 

Edited by psyche101

47 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yes, but my comment that you quoted was directed towards another poster who was claiming to know UFOs are ET vehicles. 

Rather than rule it out, I just don't think there's any good reason to consider UFOs to be ET related at all. They have as much to do with aliens as kitchen chairs do. 

Well, maybe psyche, but we can explain the physics of "kitchen chairs" pretty well, but UFO's not so much to the point they look like advanced physics. Trust me I've seen one up close. So when UFO's defy the laws of physics that we know govern "Kitchen Chairs" then we have a problem on our hands. Ruling E.T. out as much as I'd love to, becomes problematic if we are honest with ourselves.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

That's part of the problem with it IMO.   I'm expected to believe that every government on this planet chooses to hide evidence.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Well, maybe psyche, but we can explain the physics of "kitchen chairs" pretty well, but UFO's not so much to the point they look like advanced physics. Trust me I've seen one up close. So when UFO's defy the laws of physics that we know govern "Kitchen Chairs" then we have a problem on our hands. Ruling E.T. out as much as I'd love to, becomes problematic if we are honest with ourselves.

Do you UFOs defy the laws of physics we know? Doubt it. You are just making that up.

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Do you UFOs defy the laws of physics we know? Doubt it. You are just making that up.

No I'm not I witnessed a small UFO close up, a close encounter. It acted like it had no Mass. 

Since I don't believe in the feasibility of interstellar travel, by the use of interdimensional or wormhole means...I'm speculating that bona fide foo fighter reports, are the result of alien starships, that came here by breaking the speed of light barrier; which is the only rational explanation - IMHO - for such an enigma.

Edited by Erno86
spelling