Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ex-NASA scientist claims that UFOs are real

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

Did you see the object itself clearly move the 700 feet from point A to point B in a split of a second?

Yes.

Did it leave a light 'shadow' in its 'wake' from point A to point B,

No. It made no light shadow as it moved or after it hovered near my car.

Or did it appear instantaneously from point A to point B?

Like I said it was VERY fast but not instant, it stopped instantly and hovered perfectly still near my car though.

Supersonic speeds are possibly hard to comprehend with just the human eye so how can you be sure you were even observing the same object? Thanks.

I observed it for about 12 minutes before the "jump". So I'm positive I was watching the same object. It had stayed low to the ground and I was sure for about 12 minutes that I was watching a trespasser on my Families Farm, until it started gaining altitued to around 20 feet above the ground and then it "jumped" the 700 feet towards my car. 

2 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

A blur I would say.

Not really. It bee lined directly towards the Drivers side of my car and I was in the Drivers seat. So it just grew in angular size super quickly as it moved that distance so fast, and then it stopped so close it's fine features were very obvious up close when these were a "blur" at the distance of 700 feet.

Here is the Satellite picture of the farm, and the approximate position of the UFO near the Creek to the point it "jumped" straight towards my car roughly 700 feet in about 0.01 seconds.

Fluman_Farm_UFO_2002.jpeg.4b70a2a2a6ff7b8f33287260b3f4277b.jpeg 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Ok. So I know exactly where I was, and I know that the UFO was following the Creek right up until the time it "jumped'' straight at my car and stopped. This was on my Family Farm so know where everything was and I can look at Satellite images and measure the distance. 

To answer your question, it looked like a small point of light like a hand held lantern off in the distance following the creekbed (measured ~700 ft away) to just off the Drivers side of my car no more than 20 yards away the size of a large Beach Ball around 3 feet in diameter. It was a spherical glowing object, and it moved that distance in a fraction of a second, as I'm assuming about 0.01 seconds, but not instantly. It stopped instantly from that speed and hovered perfectly still about 20 feet above the ground off my drivers side of my car for an entire 5 minutes. Then it flew off back from the North where it had originated at maybe 40 mph. 

That must of been scary.  What did you think it was at the time?  Do you have any further details of the object?

1 hour ago, lost_shaman said:

Yes.

No. It made no light shadow as it moved or after it hovered near my car.

Like I said it was VERY fast but not instant, it stopped instantly and hovered perfectly still near my car though.

Don't you mean that it came to a stop VERY fast but not instantly?  Just eliminating inconsistencies. 

2 minutes ago, taniwha said:

That must of been scary.

It was the most scary thing I've ever witnessed in my life.

3 minutes ago, taniwha said:

What did you think it was at the time?

For the first 12 minutes of the sighting I was convinced someone was trespassing on the Farm. It was very low to the ground during those 12 minutes, may 5 feet above the ground. It came from the North which is how the Google maps is oriented. Once it past the creek and trees to the North that you don't see in the Image I posted due to UM's image size limit for photos, it began to follow the Creek. Once it began following the Creek to the South, that is when it began to gain altitude, about 20 feet about the ground. At that point I knew It was not a person, but a UFO, and right then is when it "jumped" that 700 feet straight towards my parked car. It then Hovered there for a full five minutes without moving at all!

11 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Do you have any further details of the object?

Yes, it was very strange looking up close. It was whitish blue and Spherical, it had inverted "cones" of light dancing around it in a "two step" like dance pattern, and the individual cones of glowing light dancing around it where multi-colored and rainbow like with the colors changing in the center of the "cones" while the bases of the cones stayed redish and the tips or the cones stayed a deep Blue. The entire thing was symmetrical and the position of the "cones" of light moving around it where symmetrically spaced.And as I said the y were dancing around it in a "two step" pattern, so they would move from left to right, once then once again and then all move backwards one step, then repeat that pattern the entire 5 minutes it was just off the Drivers side of my car and very close. After 5 minutes, it flew away to the North at something like 40 mph. Then I drove home and freaked out about it for almost an entire year, then I started discussing the sighting and researching the UFO Phenomena after I was not paranoid to think some one would come knocking on my door to tell me not to talk about it.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Don't you mean that it came to a stop VERY fast but not instantly?  Just eliminating inconsistencies. 

It seemed to stop instantly.

Another interesting thing that may or may not be related, it that just out or frame in the photo I posted above is an old Native American campsite that a Friend of mine and I identified in 2008. There is also a natural spring of freah water bubbling up from the ground maybe 40 yards away which it likely why there was a Campsite there. We found many "manos" which are hand sized sandstone objects that Women would have used to grind up plant food and small animals and likely also used in Hide tanning. We found many arrow heads (Bird points) there too and tons of chert and flint flakes.

But the most interesting thing is that on Satellite images you can see what look like "Nasca" like lines (two of them) that are just about perfectly straight and in a slight "V" pattern that point straight to the Natural spring on the Creek and run right through the Campsite. It's very odd and you can not see these lines walking through the campsite or walking in the field but they are very visible in the Satellite images and have been so even though Google Maps have updates the Satellite images several times since 2009. Also just down the road about a two miles is another older Campsite where I've found "Dart points" that were used with Atlatls before the invention of the Bow and arrow. I'll post a picture of the Campsite and "lines" that converge on the Natural Spring in my next post.

Again, I don't know if this is related to the UFO, but it's certainly a strange coincidence.

This is the "Nasca" like lines crossing the Native American Campsite and converging on the Natural Spring on my Families Farm that is just directly North of the UFO sighting. I've included the UFO path of the sighting during the first 12 minutes as it came from the North and crossed the Creek almost directly over the Natural Spring, and it then followed the creek until it "jumped" straight at my car a couple of minutes later. 

At the time of the sighting in 2002 I was not aware of the Native American Campsite, but the Spring has always been there where to two "lines" in the Field converge. 

Fluman_spring_Nascalike_lines.jpeg.d7b348e3cb7b542705715f20942fee04.jpeg 

2 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

This is the "Nasca" like lines crossing the Native American Campsite and converging on the Natural Spring on my Families Farm that is just directly North of the UFO sighting. I've included the UFO path of the sighting during the first 12 minutes as it came from the North and crossed the Creek almost directly over the Natural Spring, and it then followed the creek until it "jumped" straight at my car a couple of minutes later. 

At the time of the sighting in 2002 I was not aware of the Native American Campsite, but the Spring has always been there where to two "lines" in the Field converge. 

Fluman_spring_Nascalike_lines.jpeg.d7b348e3cb7b542705715f20942fee04.jpeg 

Not sure about the lines being of Nazca type if they are still visible once a paddock is ploughed.

Maybe you could investigate them further.

That arrowhead looks like a pretty neat find in your profile picture.  

5 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Not sure about the lines being of Nazca type if they are still visible once a paddock is ploughed.

Maybe you could investigate them further.

Those lines have been there since 2009 when I first looked at the campsite via satellite images, and the Farmer plows the field every year. They converge at the Spring, which on on my Families farm just off the Bridge over the creek that you can see if you look closely. The "Dart point" in my profile picture is from a different Campsite about 35 miles away on the Texas side of the Red River.

Edited by lost_shaman

2 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Those lines have been there since 2009 when I first looked at the campsite via satellite images, and the Farmer plows the field every year. They converge at the Spring, which on on my Families farm just off the Bridge over the creek that you can see if you look closely.

Ok. Strange as that is. Perhaps the springs location is directly related to the purpose of the lines or perhaps not.

Can it all be directly related to the ufo sighting?  I can't imagine how.

11 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

The "Dart point" in my profile picture is from a different Campsite about 35 miles away on the Texas side of the Red River.

So a hunting tip?  What is it made of and how old is it? 

10 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Ok. Strange as that is. Perhaps the springs location is directly related to the purpose of the lines or perhaps not.

Can it all be directly related to the ufo sighting?  I can't imagine how.

Like I said, it is just a strange coincidence with the UFO sighting. I'm not sure if its related or not either.

10 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

I'm not sure if its related or not either.

It sounds more related to this:

I have posted it before but it does have similarities to my friends ufo sighting. 

She saw a light hovering above the road in direct path of her car at dusk.  She stopped as she thought it was a helicopter hovering low, and then got out of the car for a clearer look.  As the light approached slowly, it made no noise, she realised it was no helicopter and went back into the car feeling very fearful.

Much to her relief, before it got much closer, the light changed immediately from being brilliant blue to glowing bright red and she then saw it shoot out over the ocean at an incredible instantaneous speed flying so far and fast it was gone in the blink of an eye.

Interesting to note, it left a sound in its wake as soon as it shot off, she described as being a very deep vacuum cleaner noise, a powerful one obviously as she was seated behind the windshield inside her car and felt it envelope her completely.

This whole frightening experience left her with throbbing ache in her forehead area, years later it would still recur, a permanent 'scar' of what she seen and heard. 

She never enjoyed to talk about it so I left it at that.

9 minutes ago, taniwha said:

So a hunting tip?  What is it made of and how old is it? 

It's a "dart point" so again it was used with an Atlatl before the bow and arrow was invented. I believe it is around 6-8,000 years old. All of this part of North Texas has been inhabited since pre-clovis times, maybe for 15,000 years thereabout. Around 4,000 years ago the Bow and arrow was invented, and you can see early "Arrow" points don't have barbs and look like small versions of the "Dart points", but then about 3,000 years ago the "Arrow" heads you find have barbs, and this indicates that these were being used as weapons against other people. The 'barbs' on then prevent you from pulling the "Arrow" out after you've been hit. Before that "Dart" points and "Arrow" points were strictly for hunting and you could pull them out and potentially reuse them. Many of the old types show signs of being reworked if they hit a bone or a rock and were damaged a bit. The newer points with 'barbs' typically are not reworked quite so often, but sometimes they were if used for hunting because then you could just cook the meat and retrieve the point.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

It's a "dart point" so again it was used with an Atlatl before the bow and arrow was invented. I believe it is around 6-8,000 years old. All of this part of North Texas has been inhabited since pre-clovis times, maybe for 15,000 years thereabout. Around 4,000 years ago the Bow and arrow was invented, and you can see early "Arrow" points don't have barbs and look like small versions of the "Dart points", but then about 3,000 years ago the "Arrow" heads you find have barbs, and this indicates that these were being used as weapons against other people. The 'barbs' on then prevent you from pulling the "Arrow" out after you've been hit. Before that "Dart" points and "Arrow" points were strictly for hunting and you could pull them out and potentially reuse them. Many of the old types show signs of being reworked if they hit a bone or a rock and were damaged a bit. The newer points with 'barbs' typically are not reworked quite so often, but sometimes they were if used for hunting because then you could just cook the meat and retrieve the point.

Fascinating. Thanks lost shaman.

Interesting to note, it left a sound in its wake as soon as it shot off, she described as being a very deep vacuum cleaner noise, a powerful one obviously as she was seated behind the windshield inside her car and felt it envelope her completely.

This whole frightening experience left her with throbbing ache in her forehead area, years later it would still recur, a permanent 'scar' of what she seen and heard. 

I never had any issues like that from my sighting and it was a very close encounter.

She never enjoyed to talk about it so I left it at that.

Now my sighting did change my life, I've spent years researching the UFO phenomena. It left me paranoid to some extent. Like I said it took me about a year to even start researching to try and understand the Phenomena. Of course talking about it is more or less a waste of time because people who've not seen one simply don't believe you.

Edited by lost_shaman

12 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Around 4,000 years ago the Bow and arrow was invented, and you can see early "Arrow" points don't have barbs and look like small versions of the "Dart points", but then about 3,000 years ago the "Arrow" heads you find have barbs, and this indicates that these were being used as weapons against other people.

Just to clarify, there are "dart" points that have "barbs" too. But whether these were used as weapons against other people are not so clear cut. I have a couple of "Dart" points with "barbs" but these may have been either dual use as weapons or just simply the "barbs" are there so that the "Darts" would not fall out of the Animal being hunted. i.e. if the dart point stays in instead of falling out it might have been more deadly say to a bison in a heard where they animals are going to be running together and rubbing against each other possibly knocking the "Dart" point out and allowing the Animal to survive, or if the "barbs" keep the "Dart" stuck in then you might find the Animal dying a few miles away. 

2 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

I never had any issues like that from my sighting and it was a very close encounter.

Now my sighting did change my life, I've spent year researching the UFO phenomena. It left me paranoid to some extent. Like I said it took me about a year to even start researching to try and understand the Phenomena. Of course talking about it is more or less a waste of time because people who've not seen one simply don't believe you.

I wonder if her headache was caused by heightened stress or from the sound it created on departing.  I think it's a significant clue as to how it can propel forward so suddenly. 

An engine? A shockwave or maybe both?

I notice you didn't hear a sound but you were 700 ft from the point of acceleration so of that we will never know.

The irony is that she always fascinated about ufo, entertaining the question of aliens etc.

She wished she had never seen it.

700 feet is not that far away, considering the speed. But my UFO was completely silent. If I had not seen it I may have never known it was there.

Also my sighting did change my life, for example I would have never bothered with the subject and I would not be talking about it on UFO forums. I didn't believe people actually saw UFO's before my sighting.

Edit: Of course I've never seen one since and I've been looking. So seeing one is pretty rare IMO.

Edited by lost_shaman

5 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

700 feet is not that far away, considering the speed. But my UFO was completely silent. If I had not seen it I may have never known it was there.

One person is going to 'see' it differently from another person based on your limited description and their own comprehension of that.  That is what makes it so difficult for people to 'see' through your eyes.  

A favourite analogy of mine is to describe an abstract painting you have never seen to a group of artists who has never seen it and then get them to paint it and see how accurate that is.

Only catch is you only get to look at the painting for the same stretch of time you saw the ufo, and try to remember as much as you possibly can. 

Sounds like fun.

It's like trying to describe a full moon to a blind man.  There's some idea but most is left to the imagination.

45 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Just to clarify, there are "dart" points that have "barbs" too. But whether these were used as weapons against other people are not so clear cut. I have a couple of "Dart" points with "barbs" but these may have been either dual use as weapons or just simply the "barbs" are there so that the "Darts" would not fall out of the Animal being hunted. i.e. if the dart point stays in instead of falling out it might have been more deadly say to a bison in a heard where they animals are going to be running together and rubbing against each other possibly knocking the "Dart" point out and allowing the Animal to survive, or if the "barbs" keep the "Dart" stuck in then you might find the Animal dying a few miles away. 

I had to search 'Atlatl' of which I had no idea till now. Thanks again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, taniwha said:

One person is going to 'see' it differently from another person based on your limited description and their own comprehension of that.  That is what makes it so difficult for people to 'see' through your eyes.  

Well it's a UFO, it's almost impossible to describe to someone who's not seen anything like it. For instance the multicolored "cones" of light dancing around the UFO I witnessed that were both moving and changing colors in the middle but the bases were redish and the tips were always blue. In the middle the colors were all different, except yellow was absent. I saw that, and these colors were moving and the "cones" of light themselves were in motion. 

Ok. How the heck do you explain that with the English language and get people to really understand what you are saying? It's almost impossible even though I just explained it, I doubt almost anyone understands what that actually looked like unless you've seen the same thing yourself with your own eyes! 

Using your painting example what I'm trying to say just sounds really abstract! What the heck is a "cone" of light? Everyone's experience is the inverse square law of light, what the heck is a "cone" of light? Almost no-one can relate to that! I couldn't understand that if I had not seen it with my own eyes!

The only way I can even think of what I saw would be ionized air around the object and even saying that is hard to imagine. 

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

I had to search 'Atlatl' of which I had no idea till now. Thanks again.

Mel Gibson's 2006 movie "Apocalypto" is about pre-Columbian Aztec society, the Bow and arrow was in widespread use during the Timeframe the Movie is set in Historically, but in the Movie the Atlatl is used in a few scenes and if you watch that movie you can see the Atlatl in use. Plus it's just a cool Movie too!

Edit: I'm positive it is an R rated movie so watch it after you put your kids to bed! No joke! 

Edited by lost_shaman