Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ex-NASA scientist claims that UFOs are real

14 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Well, maybe psyche, but we can explain the physics of "kitchen chairs" pretty well, but UFO's not so much to the point they look like advanced physics. Trust me I've seen one up close. So when UFO's defy the laws of physics that we know govern "Kitchen Chairs" then we have a problem on our hands. Ruling E.T. out as much as I'd love to, becomes problematic if we are honest with ourselves.

The thing is I really doubt there is one explanation to for all claims. 

I don't see how it becomes problematic, there's no evidence connecting UFOs and space, let alone ET. They have as much in common as does a cheesecake and a blue shirt. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

No I'm not I witnessed a small UFO close up, a close encounter. It acted like it had no Mass. 

So you are making this up. It didn't " defy the laws of physics ". You are making up a story. DOn't worry it is natural to make up fictional stories to support whatever bizarre people want to buy into.

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

... They have as much in common as does a cheesecake and a blue shirt. 

I've gotta pull you up on that analogy, psyche.  Only last week I was wearing a blue shirt and consuming some of my own home-made lemon cheesecake (with mandarin highlights..yum) and I have to say that a portion of said cheesecake did indeed become an almost integral part of the shirt... and all this while sitting on a kitchen chair!  We are all, it seems, linked within this Cosmos... sigh.

9 hours ago, stereologist said:

So you are making this up. It didn't " defy the laws of physics ". You are making up a story. DOn't worry it is natural to make up fictional stories to support whatever bizarre people want to buy into.

No, I'm not making my sighting up! It happened in November 2002. I freaked me out pretty badly as I didn't believe people really saw UFO's until it happened to me. It was out on one of my Families Farms, it was about 3 feet in diameter about the size of a large Beach ball, and at one point it jumped about a little over 700 ft across the farm Straight at my car faster than you can snap your fingers, literally within a faction of a second and stopped on a dime and hovered just off the Drivers side of my car less than 20 yards away and stayed there maybe 20 feet above the ground for 5 minutes before it flew away back in the direction it had first come from. The entire sighting lasted around 17 minutes. 

29 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

No, I'm not making my sighting up! It happened in November 2002. I freaked me out pretty badly as I didn't believe people really saw UFO's until it happened to me. It was out on one of my Families Farms, it was about 3 feet in diameter about the size of a large Beach ball, and at one point it jumped about a little over 700 ft across the farm Straight at my car faster than you can snap your fingers, literally within a faction of a second and stopped on a dime and hovered just off the Drivers side of my car less than 20 yards away and stayed there maybe 20 feet above the ground for 5 minutes before it flew away back in the direction it had first come from. The entire sighting lasted around 17 minutes. 

As I stated you are making up the part about " defy the laws of physics "

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

As far as I'm concerned it did, it acted as if it had no Mass.

6 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

do you still think 'exotic plasma' is the best bet LS?

1 minute ago, quillius said:

do you still think 'exotic plasma' is the best bet LS?

I don't know, I explored that possibility for a few years but never was able to pin that down to my sighting, there things about the UFO I saw that really don't fit into that hypothesis. 

1 hour ago, lost_shaman said:

I don't know, I explored that possibility for a few years but never was able to pin that down to my sighting, there things about the UFO I saw that really don't fit into that hypothesis. 

ok, i was always under the impression this was your 'favoured' most likely answer....

may I ask what things do not fit into that hypothesis (cant remember if you have already mentioned this before) cheers

15 minutes ago, quillius said:

ok, i was always under the impression this was your 'favoured' most likely answer....

may I ask what things do not fit into that hypothesis (cant remember if you have already mentioned this before) cheers

You remember correctly, it was my favored hypothesis for a while. Just different things where I can't find any examples say from Hessdalen or other places where "plasmas" tend to be observed that show any examples that look or sound like my UFO, its main body while glowing was a perfect sphere at least it looked like a perfect sphere (obviously I didn't measure it! lol), the cones of light surrounding it where also symmetric and moving together around the UFO in what I have called a two step like pattern. I just can't find anything like it in the literature or observations of the "plasmas". 

Edited by lost_shaman

16 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

You remember correctly, it was my favored hypothesis for a while. Just different things where I can't find any examples say from Hessdalen or other places where "plasmas" tend to be observed that show any examples that look or sound like my UFO, its main body while glowing was a perfect sphere at least it looked like a perfect sphere (obviously I didn't measure it! lol), the cones of light surrounding it where also symmetric and moving together around the UFO in what I have called a two step like pattern. I just can't find anything like it in the literature or observations of the "plasmas". 

ok cheers, from memory (or lack of) werent the Hessdalen plasmas observed to 'split' and have lights surround them?

will try and dig out an example of what I mean....

5 minutes ago, quillius said:

ok cheers, from memory (or lack of) werent the Hessdalen plasmas observed to 'split' and have lights surround them?

will try and dig out an example of what I mean....

Yeah, I believe that's correct.

2 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Guess this is all about you making up more things such as "no Mass"

Everything is constrained by physics. There is no alien physics. There is a single physics. I suppose that the use of "defy the laws of physics" is an imprecise way of stating that there is an overwhelming confusion on the part of the observer as to what they are observing.

47 minutes ago, stereologist said:

overwhelming confusion on the part of the observer as to what they are observing.

who knows if they really observed something to start with!?

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

Guess this is all about you making up more things such as "no Mass"

Everything is constrained by physics. There is no alien physics. There is a single physics. I suppose that the use of "defy the laws of physics" is an imprecise way of stating that there is an overwhelming confusion on the part of the observer as to what they are observing.

I said it "acted" as if it had no Mass, it jumped from barely moving and crossed at least 700 ft of farmland in a fraction of a second and stopped instantly in the air and just hovered there for 5 minutes, doing all this with no visible form of propulsion. It easily broke the sound barrier and made no sonic boom of made any noise at all. How do you explain that unless it basically weighed nothing (or as I said acted as if it didn't)?

1 hour ago, lost_shaman said:

I said it "acted" as if it had no Mass, it jumped from barely moving and crossed at least 700 ft of farmland in a fraction of a second and stopped instantly in the air and just hovered there for 5 minutes, doing all this with no visible form of propulsion. It easily broke the sound barrier and made no sonic boom of made any noise at all. How do you explain that unless it basically weighed nothing (or as I said acted as if it didn't)?

You misinterpreted what you saw. We all do it.

Let's not forget you also wrote " defy the laws of physics "

It is not my job to fix your faulty observation. I really don't believe it did what you claim. I do believe you saw something. It was confusing. You resolved the event with this story.

The acted as if it had no mass is not your observation. That is how you interpreted the observation. The same is true of the defying the laws of physics

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

You misinterpreted what you saw. We all do it.

Let's not forget you also wrote " defy the laws of physics "

Nothing I've said about my sighting was "misinterpretation", that's just you being unwilling to accept what I said.

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

It is not my job to fix your faulty observation. I really don't believe it did what you claim. I do believe you saw something. It was confusing. You resolved the event with this story.

The acted as if it had no mass is not your observation. That is how you interpreted the observation. The same is true of the defying the laws of physics

I just disagree with you. I've told you why. Not my job to open your mind and accept that there is something strange that people sometimes see. IMO, it is a phenomena and it's not beed explained. 

3 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Nothing I've said about my sighting was "misinterpretation", that's just you being unwilling to accept what I said.

I just disagree with you. I've told you why. Not my job to open your mind and accept that there is something strange that people sometimes see. IMO, it is a phenomena and it's not beed explained. 

You definitely presented misinterpretation. That seems to be the bulk of your post.

The defy the laws of physics remark is you misinterpreting your observation. The no mass remark is another misrepresentation.

There is no mind opening with your story. It is just a story with rather you making up interpretations which are clearly wrong. It is common to think that there are physics that only apply to aliens. There is just physics.

10 hours ago, stereologist said:

You definitely presented misinterpretation. That seems to be the bulk of your post.

The defy the laws of physics remark is you misinterpreting your observation. The no mass remark is another misrepresentation.

There is no mind opening with your story. It is just a story with rather you making up interpretations which are clearly wrong. It is common to think that there are physics that only apply to aliens. There is just physics.

No misrepresentation on my part. That is what I witnessed an object do. You are talking about Alien physics here though not me SO let's be clear about that fact from this point on. What I witnessed was an object with around 3 feet in diameter move from maybe 3 mph to cover at least 700 ft in a fraction of a second, maybe in about a finger snap or less. If that is about 0.01 seconds roughly for a finger snap, then this object moved at 47,727 mph (2175.65 g's) and stopped instantly. 

So how else would you explain that without saying that the object acted like it had no Mass and also didn't destroy itself moving that fast or stopping instantly from that speed and without burning up or producing a Sonic boom or any noise at all? 

Maybe all that can happen without "defying physics", fine but it surely was applying physics in a way that's seem pretty hard to explain and certainly not something we would be able to build. That latter statement in the above sentence doesn't or isn't meant to imply Aliens, I'm just saying I don't know of how Mankind would be able to built an object that can do what I witnessed. If you witness an object moving like that in your life then YOU are definitely looking at a UFO like the one I witnessed because nothing else can move like that!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

No misrepresentation on my part. That is what I witnessed an object do. You are talking about Alien physics here though not me SO let's be clear about that fact from this point on. What I witnessed was an object with around 3 feet in diameter move from maybe 3 mph to cover at least 700 ft in a fraction of a second, maybe in about a finger snap or less. If that is about 0.01 seconds roughly for a finger snap, then this object moved at 47,727 mph (2175.65 g's) and stopped instantly.

You saw an object cover a distance of 700 feet in less than a second and you worked out it travelled at 47,727 mph? How did you arrive at that number?

The fastest finger snap is more around 0.2 seconds, 20 times slower. Your maths is way off.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

On 08/09/2018 at 7:39 AM, lost_shaman said:

At the speed you figure the ufo travelled I'm just wondering what that looked like?  Did you see the object itself clearly move the 700 feet from point A to point B in a split of a second?  Did it leave a light 'shadow' in its 'wake' from point A to point B, Or did it appear instantaneously from point A to point B? Supersonic speeds are possibly hard to comprehend with just the human eye so how can you be sure you were even observing the same object? Thanks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, taniwha said:

At the speed you figure the ufo travelled I'm just wondering what that looked like?  Did you see the object itself clearly move the 700 feet from point A to point B in a split of a second?  Did it leave a light 'shadow' in its 'wake' from point A to point B, Or did it appear instantaneously from point A to point B? Supersonic speeds are possibly hard to comprehend with just the human eye so how can you be sure you were even observing the same object? Thanks.

At the speed you figure the ufo travelled I'm just wondering what that looked like?

A blur I would say.

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

You saw an object cover a distance of 700 feet in less than a second and you worked out it travelled at 47,727 mph? How did you arrive at that number?

The fastest finger snap is more around 0.2 seconds, 20 times slower. Your maths is way off.

I looked up a finger snap and the majority of what people where measuring was most of the finger snap you hear is 0.01 seconds in duration. So I used that number. It's fast but still slower than say a lightning strike and you can still see the movement of a lightning strike. This 700 feet is fairly short of a distance but I could see the movment so I assume it was around 0.01 seconds like the majority of a finger snap that you can hear. Even then if it was longer at 0.02 seconds that's still unbelievably fast. 

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

At the speed you figure the ufo travelled I'm just wondering what that looked like?

Ok. So I know exactly where I was, and I know that the UFO was following the Creek right up until the time it "jumped'' straight at my car and stopped. This was on my Family Farm so know where everything was and I can look at Satellite images and measure the distance. 

To answer your question, it looked like a small point of light like a hand held lantern off in the distance following the creekbed (measured ~700 ft away) to just off the Drivers side of my car no more than 20 yards away the size of a large Beach Ball around 3 feet in diameter. It was a spherical glowing object, and it moved that distance in a fraction of a second, as I'm assuming about 0.01 seconds, but not instantly. It stopped instantly from that speed and hovered perfectly still about 20 feet above the ground off my drivers side of my car for an entire 5 minutes. Then it flew off back from the North where it had originated at maybe 40 mph.