Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ex-NASA scientist claims that UFOs are real

54 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Well it's a UFO, it's almost impossible to describe to someone who's not seen anything like it. For instance the multicolored "cones" of light dancing around the UFO I witnessed that were both moving and changing colors in the middle but the bases were redish and the tips were always blue. In the middle the colors were all different, except yellow was absent. I saw that, and these colors were moving and the "cones" of light themselves were in motion. 

Ok. How the heck do you explain that with the English language and get people to really understand what you are saying? It's almost impossible even though I just explained it, I doubt almost anyone understands what that actually looked like unless you've seen the same thing yourself with your own eyes! 

Using your painting example what I'm trying to say just sounds really abstract! What the heck is a "cone" of light? Everyone's experience is the inverse square law of light, what the heck is a "cone" of light? Almost no-one can relate to that! I couldn't understand that if I had not seen it with my own eyes!

The only way I can even think of what I saw would be ionized air around the object and even saying that is hard to imagine. 

What can I say except some things are exactly that..hard to explain.

It is fitting to use similies to help someone else get a feel for what you mean. For instance, it moved at right angles to itself*, they flew in a v formation like a flock of geese*, the light shot forwards like stretched elastic from A to B*, it was red like a Christmas light*. All descriptive of ufos I've seen.

Interestingly about 2 years after seeing the red ufo that looked like a Xmas light I was hiking in the mountains and a complete stranger who was sharing the hut described to me a ufo he saw 2 years prior.

His description not only exactly matched mine, he did the exact same thing I did when telling others. He dragged on his cigarette and held it at arms length and moved the glowing red tip steadily in an arc against the starry black night from horizon to horizon. It was like stepping  back in time because right then I knew he saw what I saw he saw. 

The trajectory of the ufo definitely went over his town, 50 miles or so as the crow flies from mine. There can be no doubt.

And as hard as I try, your right I still don't fully understand what you mean by cones of light but I can appreciate what you mean.

1 hour ago, lost_shaman said:

Mel Gibson's 2006 movie "Apocalypto" is about pre-Columbian Aztec society, the Bow and arrow was in widespread use during the Timeframe the Movie is set in Historically, but in the Movie the Atlatl is used in a few scenes and if you watch that movie you can see the Atlatl in use. Plus it's just a cool Movie too!

Edit: I'm positive it is an R rated movie so watch it after you put your kids to bed! No joke! 

Hey that's one of my favourite movies of all time.  Yes I remember that scene by the cornfield! It's meaty as hell. Great array of weapons, like the spring loaded trap to kill the tapir and of course poison blow darts. B)

3 minutes ago, taniwha said:

And as hard as I try, your right I still don't fully understand what you mean by cones of light but I can appreciate what you mean.

You know when I first tried to explain years ago I used to say the UFO had "rays" of light coming off of it. But that was the wrong word. A "ray" of light means it expands like most people are familiar with... like this,... "V" but that's not what they looked like even though I knew what I meant. Now I'll say "cones", ... a "cone" looks like this,... "A". a "cone" is a geometric shape. It's round with a base and a tip. No-one is used to seeing light look like that, but a "cone" is a geometric shape that people can understand. So just changing the word makes a difference in being better at explaining what I saw. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Yes I remember that scene by the cornfield!

Right, those were Atlatls, basically mechanically thrown spears, and the "Darts" with the "Dart" points are on the pointy ends. The long end of the spear falls away after it strikes the target but the "Dart" gets embedded in the Animal.

Edit: If you are a Mammoth or a large Bison, you probably won't live long after a Foot long "Dart" with a Clovis point on the end is logded 12 inches into your body!!! lol 

Edit: On the other hand if your ever watched someone shoot a Deer for example with an Arrow, the Arrow most often will go right through and strike the ground behind the Animal, where a "Dart" and "Dart" point is designed to stop once the Shaft of the Spear hits the hide, so a "Dart" thrown from an Atlatl will not go through an Animal but it's designed to stick into the Animal and stay stuck there. If it doesn't kill the Animal outright, the animal will fall behind the Herd and either bleed out, or can be caught up to on foot and finished off.  

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

You know when I first tried to explain years ago I used to say the UFO had "rays" of light coming off of it. But that was the wrong word. A "ray" of light means it expands like most people are familiar with... like this,... "V" but that's not what they looked like even though I knew what I meant. Now I'll say "cones", ... a "cone" looks like this,... "A". a "cone" is a geometric shape. It's round with a base and a tip. No-one is used to seeing light look like that, but a "cone" is a geometric shape that people can understand. So just changing the word makes a difference in being better at explaining what I saw. 

That is extremely odd.  Perhaps it was some sort of sensory organ for want of a better idea. 

Have you ruled out naturally occurring plasma of some type?  

8 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Have you ruled out naturally occurring plasma of some type?  

That's the same question quillius asked me. At one time a few years ago that was my preferred hypothesis. But I just can't pin my UFO down into that hypothesis so I've kind of backed away from that.

Edited by lost_shaman

18 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Right, those were Atlatls, basically mechanically thrown spears, and the "Darts" with the "Dart" points are on the pointy ends. The long end of the spear falls away after it strikes the target but the "Dart" gets embedded in the Animal.

Edit: If you are a Mammoth or a large Bison, you probably won't live long after a Foot long "Dart" with a Clovis point on the end is logded 12 inches into your body!!! lol 

There would be epic stories of survival told around Bison campfires! :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

That's the same question quillius asked me. At one time a few years ago that was my preferred hypothesis.

Somethings remain unknown...For now

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

I looked up a finger snap and the majority of what people where measuring was most of the finger snap you hear is 0.01 seconds in duration. So I used that number. It's fast but still slower than say a lightning strike and you can still see the movement of a lightning strike. This 700 feet is fairly short of a distance but I could see the movment so I assume it was around 0.01 seconds like the majority of a finger snap that you can hear. Even then if it was longer at 0.02 seconds that's still unbelievably fast. 

0.2 is not 0.02

0.01 is a hundredth of a second, no one can snap their fingers a hundred times a second.

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

0.01 is a hundredth of a second, no one can snap their fingers a hundred times a second.

I never said anyone could do that, but the bulk of one finger snap that you hear occurs in about 0.01 seconds. People have measured this, and that's quite a bit slower than a lightning strike and it was about that fast so that's what I've gone with.

Just now, lost_shaman said:

Is that a problem?

Not for me its not..It might be for others reading this though...I tend to take reports like this with a grain of salt....All we can do here is go on what you post and for me its kind of hard to swallow your described events...Not saying you did not see something but you also have to understand that with all the hoaxes that goes on in Ufology you can see how some would doubt what your saying....

6 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Not for me its not..It might be for others reading this though...I tend to take reports like this with a grain of salt....All we can do here is go on what you post and for me its kind of hard to swallow your described events...Not saying you did not see something but you also have to understand that with all the hoaxes that goes on in Ufology you can see how some would doubt what your saying...

Only a few here who don't like what I have to say. I've been a UM member since 2006 and and before that on ATS saying the same thing since 2003, and on RU before it defaulted. As I said it took me a year to start researching the UFO phenomena after my sighting, so you can look me up on ATS beginning in 2003, and RU, and here beginning in 2006 saying the same thing talking about the same UFO close encounter that took place on My Families Farm back in November 2002.

Also on the old Science.com forums, and BAUT forums. 

I've been cited in the NARCAP Chicago UFO report in 2007. 

I've debated many Skeptics over the years, too many to mention. 

At any rate I stand by my sighting and I've been around since 2003 supporting my sighting.

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Like 1

I do not go anywhere near ATS! And I can imagine you caught a lot of flak at BAUT  since thats Phil Plaits old astronomy forum....The new one is here:

https://forum.cosmoquest.org/forum.php

45 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Only a few here who don't like what I have to say. I've been a UM member since 2006 and and before that on ATS saying the same thing since 2003, and on RU before it defaulted. As I said it took me a year to start researching the UFO phenomena after my sighting, so you can look me up on ATS beginning in 2003, and RU, and here beginning in 2006 saying the same thing talking about the same UFO close encounter that took place on My Families Farm back in November 2002.

Also on the old Science.com forums, and BAUT forums. 

At any rate I stand by my sighting and I've been around since 2003 supporting my sighting.

And this is somehow suppose to make your sighting more believable? There are thousands on MUFON but that does not make them believable....

Thats good...But there are skeptics in everything from religion to conspiracy so its not like the UFO phenomena holds any real fascination for skeptics  its just that the UFO phenomena tends to be more absurd and outrageous in its claims. UFOs do exist sure. They are things seen in the sky that cannot be explained and things that have been seen we will never know what they were.

Yeah. And folks have been around for 2500 years supporting jesus too and they only see him in toast so this does not mean a hill of beans in the scope of things. The horse is already dead so need in us beating it further is there? And apparently you have been beating this one for 15 years it should be all ash by now.....Good luck with this your going to need it.

Edited by Alien Origins

1 minute ago, Alien Origins said:

And this is somehow suppose to make your sighting more believable?

No. That wasn't about my sighting, but can you claim to be involved in the subject like I can?

2 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Thats good...It shows the lack of evidence you have for your claim will not stand on its own.

Again, it simply shows how deeply I have been involved in the Subject.

4 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Yeah. And folks have been around for 2500 years supporting jesus too and they only see him in toast so this does not mean a hill of beans in the scope of things. The horse is already dead so need in us beating it further is there? And apparently you have been beating this one for 15 years it should be all ash by now.....Good luck with this your going to need it.

I don't need LUCK! ha! That's funny, I've probably forgotten more about the UFO Phenomena than most of you will ever know! I'll clarify that to say I'm not an ardent ETH supporter, what I do support are UFO sightings. If you think you have some insider knowledge that I don't you'll be seriously disappointed.

On 9/8/2018 at 10:00 AM, lost_shaman said:

No misrepresentation on my part. That is what I witnessed an object do. You are talking about Alien physics here though not me SO let's be clear about that fact from this point on. What I witnessed was an object with around 3 feet in diameter move from maybe 3 mph to cover at least 700 ft in a fraction of a second, maybe in about a finger snap or less. If that is about 0.01 seconds roughly for a finger snap, then this object moved at 47,727 mph (2175.65 g's) and stopped instantly. 

So how else would you explain that without saying that the object acted like it had no Mass and also didn't destroy itself moving that fast or stopping instantly from that speed and without burning up or producing a Sonic boom or any noise at all? 

Maybe all that can happen without "defying physics", fine but it surely was applying physics in a way that's seem pretty hard to explain and certainly not something we would be able to build. That latter statement in the above sentence doesn't or isn't meant to imply Aliens, I'm just saying I don't know of how Mankind would be able to built an object that can do what I witnessed. If you witness an object moving like that in your life then YOU are definitely looking at a UFO like the one I witnessed because nothing else can move like that!

Your finger snap guess is way off. Your estimate of the time to change position is probably just as poor as your finger snap guess.

The simple fact of the matter is that your current guesses about how fast or how far the object moved are in conflict with the reality of physics. Your story simply comes across as someone so confused about what they observed that the details such as distance covered in a certain amount of time are probably completely wrong. That's not so unusual.

The overuse of digits of precision in your post are also suggestive of someone that doesn't know how to properly interpret what they saw.

5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Your finger snap guess is way off. Your estimate of the time to change position is probably just as poor as your finger snap guess.

The simple fact of the matter is that your current guesses about how fast or how far the object moved are in conflict with the reality of physics. Your story simply comes across as someone so confused about what they observed that the details such as distance covered in a certain amount of time are probably completely wrong. That's not so unusual.

The overuse of digits of precision in your post are also suggestive of someone that doesn't know how to properly interpret what they saw.

Not at all. I saw just what I said I witnessed. 

"A closer look suggests that in my case, the volume spike from the snap lasts 0.01-0.02 seconds:" - https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/118601/what-is-the-duration-of-a-snap

You simply don't know what you are talking about. 

6 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

I never said anyone could do that, but the bulk of one finger snap that you hear occurs in about 0.01 seconds. People have measured this, and that's quite a bit slower than a lightning strike and it was about that fast so that's what I've gone with.

You are trying to use events that are below human perception. You can hear a finger snap but you can't determine the length of time of the snap. You're pretending events well below the speed at which humans can determine the length of time it took.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Yeah but Stereo he's been on ATS would that make him know what he was talking about?:lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

Yeah but Stereo he's been on ATS would that make him know what he was talking about?:lol:

Don't act like that, I was just telling you I've been discussing UFOs since 2003! I was on other forums too since then. Were you talking about UFOs and your own sighting for the last 15 years? Thats a quarter of my adult life. 

Edited by lost_shaman

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

You are trying to use events that are below human perception. You can hear a finger snap but you can't determine the length of time of the snap. You're pretending events well below the speed at which humans can determine the length of time it took.

If I can hear a finger snap and other people measure that bring 0.01 seconds then what is your problem with that? All you can say is I can't tell if the UFO I witnessed jumped 700 feet that fast. I say it did!

Edited by lost_shaman

10 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

The action of snapping your fingers is quite a bit slower.

I don't know how you've determined this UFO travelled at 47,727 mph based on the speed of snapping one's fingers.

31 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

The action of snapping your fingers is quite a bit slower.

I don't know how you've determined this UFO travelled at 47,727 mph based on the speed of snapping one's fingers.

Funny-UFO.jpg

597c86bcc63ff.jpeg

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1