Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ex-NASA scientist claims that UFOs are real

I love science fiction and would really love for alien visitors to be real--I think--but the weakest link in this saga is the idea of a government coverup. The government couldn't even coverup Monica Lewinsky. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You know how interpreted your assertion. I don't see you saying I've misunderstood you.

I don't agree you need an alternative hypothesis. It sounds like you want to start "eliminating the impossible" or at least rendering every alternative to ET as less probable. IMO this an unreasonably onerous approach.

Ulitimately, you've been asked to back up your assertion the best you can. You seem reluctant.

Read this post, and have a go at answering some of the questions I pose. They seem to have been overlooked...

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/319297-ex-nasa-scientist-claims-that-ufos-are-real/?do=findComment&comment=6488982

I do need an alternative to make a comparison. I really don't know how else to explain it.

Try this link: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=comparison :mellow: (Don't freak out about your mouse cursor...)

Edited by Fila
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Fila said:

That depends on the type of radar being used, as most have limits in range and perspective.

No it doesn't. He is quoting what he does have as proof. Its only proof that UFOs exist and are entirely terrestrial. 

Nothing has so much as indicated trajectories into, or from space. Ever. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

A scoffer is anyone that rejects evidence and acts  in a dismissive manner.  Many believers are scoffers. They are dismissive without reason because the facts are against their position. A scoffer can be on either side of an argument. There is a poster that is extremely dismissive of anything that rejects their claim that there are aliens all over the place and so many visiting Earth. They make all sorts of claims and have not a single piece of evidence. They are a strong believer and are also a scoffer. All sides of an argument can have scoffers.

Well all will have to forgive me because all this skeptic vs scoffer vs believer is confusing...Whats that Hamlet said "to believe or not to believe that is the question."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Im honestly surprised he didn't go into great depth on Roswell it seems to be the only bit of dodgy UFOlogy that he missed over the last 50 years, ever other failed argument is in there. 

I feel like I've read a lot of those words very recently here.

But, I also think he might be trying to drum up business 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I feel like I've read a lot of those words very recently here.

But, I also think he might be trying to drum up business 

Oh, a poster you mean? 

Any recent threads? 

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Oh, a poster you mean? 

Any recent threads? 

Yes and yes

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:28 AM, The Starman said:

Maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts - this is definetelly delusional, no doubt about that.

Hopefully you will find yourself in reality. Good luck.

What facts have your brought to the table? How do you know my beliefs are false? What you believe might be the total opposite of what is true.

Hopefully I will not find myself in a realty you are in which is one dimensional.:lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I love science fiction and would really love for alien visitors to be real--I think--but the weakest link in this saga is the idea of a government coverup. The government couldn't even coverup Monica Lewinsky. 

Tbh I think the cover up is because they are researching and want to be frontline in the subsequent technologies. Anybody who says the government is not covering it up needs to open their eyes. It' not a conspiracy. It's well known that is the most classified subject of research in the government and that its taken many decades for even a few of the heavily edited documents pertaining to the matter the be declassified. Teslas patents were seized for no reason? I' aware you don' live here but you would have to be incredibly daft to think the disinformation campaign happened because nothing is being hidden from the public.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

Tbh I think the cover up is because they are researching and want to be frontline in the subsequent technologies. Anybody who says the government is not covering it up needs to open their eyes. It' not a conspiracy. It's well known that is the most classified subject of research in the government and that its taken many decades for even a few of the heavily edited documents pertaining to the matter the be declassified. Teslas patents were seized for no reason? I' aware you don' live here but you would have to be incredibly daft to think the disinformation campaign happened because nothing is being hidden from the public.

Very well said Nicolette and I agree.:yes:

9 hours ago, psyche101 said:

No it doesn't. He is quoting what he does have as proof. Its only proof that UFOs exist and are entirely terrestrial. 

I believe it. I Keep trying to tell people they are all either human operated or transition here from basically what you would all other dimensions. Worlds within worlds. Visitors are real but they are coming from a plane invisible and normally not interactive with matter, yet inhabiting our same space. You aren't going to see them entering or leaving our atmosphere from above because they don't. That isn't what the saucer design does.

• Like 1

A vivid imagination is a wonderful thing, just try not to get carried away with it. A half century of nothing but imagining has left me a bit jaded and finding it all a bit farcical. It's just that I've grown out of the phase where I enjoyed rolling my eyes up into my skull and drooling over weirdness. Knock yourselves out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Example. The FAA's radar will lose track of an aircraft 60 miles away. Does this prove planes can't travel overseas?

No.., it means radar is limited. https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/technology/asr-11/

Your inference is incorrect.

Edited by Fila

11 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

Well all will have to forgive me because all this skeptic vs scoffer vs believer is confusing...Whats that Hamlet said "to believe or not to believe that is the question."

Maybe there isn't a correct answer.

If someone thinks its impossible ETs exist.., that's fine. Their opinion doesn't change the fact that we are not sure. If someone wants to believe aliens do exist.., that's cool too. But we still don't know for sure if aliens exist. Their opinion does not change the official status.

"Believing" an idea to be plausible.., is relative to the observer. Especially when discussing a topic that currently has no answer.

Neither side is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. No one should be ridiculed for testing a theory. Science needs multiple theories anyway.

3 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

It's well known that is the most classified subject of research in the government

that has got to be one of the best contradictory statements i've heard in a while= brilliant

Edited by Dejarma
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Fila said:

If someone thinks its impossible ETs exist.., that's fine. Their opinion doesn't change the fact that we are not sure. If someone wants to believe aliens do exist.., that's cool too.

i believe ETs exist... the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is not in question here-- or am i wrong?

• Like 2

Just now, Dejarma said:

that has got to be the best contradictory statements i've heard in a while= brilliant

It can clearly be shown that governments worldwide.., have been investigating UFOs secretly since the 1940's. There are many classified files that are available from the public domain in your country.., but the most sensitive information is still redacted.
The fact that:

1) Governments investigated these objects

2) They told people they weren't

3) They told Allen J Hyneck to pass off UFOs as swamp gas, balloons etc.

4) They paid CONDON to dismiss UFOs using pseudo psychology. When really they were investigating secretly

5) The files they legally need to release over a certain time frame are heavily redacted.., even from the 1940's.

...can be used as evidence to make a strong case for a cover-up.

What is there to hide? It was 80 years ago. I can build a rocket in my backyard. I know how jet engines work. I can build my own computers and drones. Musk is going to Mars.... what is there to hide from waaaaaay back then?

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

i believe ETs exist... the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is not in question here-- or am i wrong?

This was an example. The same rules apply.

If you wish to change the rules.., just because people are talking about UFOs, ETs or anything.., then that's just your own bias.

Just now, Fila said:

This was an example. The same rules apply.

what rules? explain the rules to me

6 minutes ago, Fila said:

It can clearly be shown that governments worldwide.., have been investigating UFOs secretly since the 1940's.

do you understand why i feel it's a contradiction= #127 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

what rules? explain the rules to me

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/319297-ex-nasa-scientist-claims-that-ufos-are-real/?do=findComment&comment=6489625

The same logic applies. The same rules would apply. The one's from my example in this post. Please don't start with the semantics about me forcing rules on you or wherever this is going. Chillax broham.

27 minutes ago, Fila said:

If someone thinks its impossible ETs exist.., that's fine. Their opinion doesn't change the fact that we are not sure. If someone wants to believe aliens do exist.., that's cool too. But we still don't know for sure if aliens exist. Their opinion does not change the official status.

"Believing" an idea to be plausible.., is relative to the observer. Especially when discussing a topic that currently has no answer.

Neither side is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. No one should be ridiculed for testing a theory. Science needs multiple theories anyway.

I doubt there is...I am of the mind that if some one wants to run around chasing ET's more power to them who am I to stop them.

Maybe. Maybe not. 

Well theres your quandary right there. While there are those who believe they exist there are also those that believe they don't...I don't know for sure but I think those that don't have the better case right now as far as the evidence is concerned...I am not above changing that opinion at a later date if the evidence is there.

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fila said:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/319297-ex-nasa-scientist-claims-that-ufos-are-real/?do=findComment&comment=6489625

The same logic applies. The same rules would apply. The one's from my example in this post. Please don't start with the semantics about me forcing rules on you or wherever this is going. Chillax broham.

what are you waffling on about mate!!?

3 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Well theres your quandary right there. While there are those who believe they exist there are also those that believe they don't...I don't know for sure but I think those that don't have the better case right now as far as the evidence is concerned...

now you're confusing me as well! are you talking about the existence of aliens generally or the existence of aliens in the skies/ on this planet?

• Like 1