Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama administration granted citizenship

aztek

The Obama administration granted citizenship to 2,500 Iranians, including family members of government officials, while negotiating the Iran nuclear deal, a senior cleric and member of parliament has claimed.

“When Obama, during the negotiations about the JCPOA, decided to do a favor to these men, he granted citizenship to 2,500 Iranians and some officials started a competition over whose children could be part of these 2,500 Iranians,” he claimed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/02/obama-administration-granted-citizenship-to-2500-iranians-during-nuclear-deal-iran-official.html

All I can find is crap fake news sites who claim to be using an Iranian official as a "source" for this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didn't they do something similar to this in the middle ages?  Make a treaty with a noble and take one of their kids into your household to insure the treaty didn't get broken?

• Like 2

If true my big question is so what? 

We have decided as a nation that its OK to kill hundreds of thousands if their leaders develop WMD's without our permission and yet trading citizenship to VIP's to reach the same goal of disarmament is now somehow the worst thing ever? 

Granted I'd rather neither happened...….

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

If true my big question is so what? 

We have decided as a nation that its OK to kill hundreds of thousands if their leaders develop WMD's without our permission and yet trading citizenship to VIP's to reach the same goal of disarmament is now somehow the worst thing ever? 

Granted I'd rather neither happened...….

I dunno, they would definitely stop saying, "Death to America!" if all the leaders kid's were Americans.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

All I can find is crap fake news sites who claim to be using an Iranian official as a "source" for this. 

But there is a name to it this time not just "anonymous sources", should not be too hard to confirm or refute in the coming days, I cannot find it on Fars or Eternad web sites at the moment however, maybe this has not been translated into English

The claim itself does not seem outlandish. Now brace yourself for when Kim gets citizenship and moves to Key Largo. "The world called him a madman, but what he really wanted to invade was South Beach."

Edited by The Caspian Hare
grammar
  • Haha 1

I love how this topic is presented as a controversy, and I'm over here like: ........."And?" :huh:

• Like 1

I have no doubt if the Trump administration conveyed citizenship on 2500 Rusdians -or North Koreans- while negotiating a Nuclear deal, all of the "Nothing to see here folks" pundits in this thread would be wailing, gnashing their teeth, rending garments to biblical proportions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Menhir said:

I have no doubt if the Trump administration conveyed citizenship on 2500 Rusdians -or North Koreans- while negotiating a Nuclear deal, all of the "Nothing to see here folks" pundits in this thread would be wailing, gnashing their teeth, rending garments to biblical proportions.

Why?  The Kushners already sell visas to the Chinese https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/business/kushner-eb-5-china-green-cards.html

So, I'm going to have to say members of his administration have already done similar.

58 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I love how this topic is presented as a controversy, and I'm over here like: ........."And?" :huh:

Yeah that’s what happens when you form your opinion without even knowing the story. 

Now that’s not to say I believe this unnamed source or that this is true,but if it is,it’s definitely a concern. Like I said though, you’d have to have actually heard the story. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah that’s what happens when you form your opinion without even knowing the story. 

Now that’s not to say I believe this unnamed source or that this is true,but if it is,it’s definitely a concern. Like I said though, you’d have to have actually heard the story. 

Please, go on. Enlighten me as to why on Earth this is even an issue.

7 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Please, go on. Enlighten me as to why on Earth this is even an issue.

If it actually becomes an issue I’ll fill you in. Till then it’s just another unnamed source msm has asked us to take as gospel 

I think the issue people have is that it was done in secret, without United States citizens consent. Taking in people from a nation that is fundamentally United States enemy, this nation that constantly chants "Death To America" and aids terrorists in the middle east. You wonder why I find this to be wrong and almost border-line treasonous. He basically brought in 2,500 potential enemies of the state into our nation without knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

I think the issue people have is that it was done in secret, without United States citizens consent. Taking in people from a nation that is fundamentally United States enemy, this nation that constantly chants "Death To America" and aids terrorists in the middle east. You wonder why I find this to be wrong and almost border-line treasonous. He basically brought in 2,500 potential enemies of the state into our nation without knowledge.

According to the guy who said this, there are several people from the group who are actively working against the interests of the US while they are here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

LMFAO.  Great defense of deified political figure who was an abject failure in all respects as a president (feel free to offer his successes for discussion) and screwed your party like no president ever has.  I'll be happy to list the reasons if you don't know, just ask.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

Not to mention that "even" in 2016, Iran was still No. 1 on the list of Terrorism sponsoring nations.

https://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/crt/2016/272235.htm

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I seriously don't understand all the immigrant hate from the right... :mellow:

That is because we don't hate immigrants, what we don't like is our borders being flooded with illegal immigrants that must be supported with taxpayer money that could be spent on troubled Americans.  You seem to cherish this new underclass for some reason, why?  If they came across the border and declared themselves republicans would you still be cheering for their emigration to the US?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

That is because we don't hate immigrants, what we don't like is our borders being flooded with illegal immigrants that must be supported with taxpayer money that could be spent on troubled Americans.  You seem to cherish this new underclass for some reason, why?  If they came across the border and declared themselves republicans would you still be cheering for their emigration to the US?

And you’d think for a second, maybe he would. Till you realized there isnt a single thing that comes from msm that they don’t support. And you know as well as I do that no way msm continues support for a bunch of illegals Turned conservatives. Lol no way in hell. 

Edited by preacherman76

1 hour ago, Menhir said:

Visas don't confer citizenship.  

Pretty sure green cards is all the Iranians got if the story is true at all. 

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Pretty sure green cards is all the Iranians got if the story is true at all. 

You may be confusing green cards with greenbacks...as in nearly $2 Billion in cash Obama sent the Iranian mullahs.

• Like 2

Just now, Menhir said:

You may be confusing green cards with greenbacks...as in nearly $2 Billion in cash Obama sent the Iranian mullahs.

Yup, and Reagan sold them arms.  I can remember history.

13 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yup, and Reagan sold them arms.  I can remember history.

Interesting: selling something for cash = giving away cash.

I don't get the (supposed) equivalency but then I'm an unabashed capitalist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Menhir said:

Interesting: selling something for cash = giving away cash.

I don't get the (supposed) equivalency but then I'm an unabashed capitalist.

The $1.7 billion was a refund for a weapons purchase in 1979 and not delivered.  So not quite giving it away.

• Thanks 1