Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obese woman on cover of health magazine

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Very true. I'm lucky to get over 1500 calories in me a day. If I eat too much I hurt and feel sick pretty badly. All due to my gallbladder and diverticulitis. I didn't ask for either issue, and I'm a guy who used to be able to stress eat. Now I can't. Unless I want to hurt for a week. 

I've lost 20 pounds because it seems to be getting worse. Was 230 now I'm 210 and dropping. 

Not sure if its an option for you but medical marijuana helped me get backup to a decent 185 after at my sickest hitting 135 (granted I had more than just diverticulitis going on) . With a little research you can find specific strains for things like nausea, lack of appetite etc. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

On 02/07/2018 at 9:03 PM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Being overweight, doesn't necessarily mean you're not healthy.

It absolutely does though.

What that statement should read is: being fat, doesn't necessarily mean you are inactive or are unable to exercise.

Forget the fat over her muscles. One of the first places to gain unhealthy fat as we become overweight is around internal organs, which is the real danger. Someone who has a high bodyfat percentage is unquestionably unhealthy, for this reason alone. 

I really dislike the whole 'love your body even if you're grossly overweight'. I understand that it's in response to all the years of being told that you're ugly unless you're super skinny, but it's ridiculous to me that anyone would try to push the opposite extreme as being okay, when it's in fact worse, from a medical point of view. Being overweight should in no way be socially acceptable.

How about 'being healthy is beautiful'?