Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How George HW Bush avoided death in WWII

Ozfactor

https://amp-businessinsider-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.businessinsider.com/how-george-hw-bush-avoided-being-eaten-by-cannibals-in-world-war-ii-2017-12?usqp=mq331AQECAE4AQ%3D%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

A US Navy pilot was shot down after making bombing runs over the tiny island of Chichijima during WWII.

He and nine fellow naval aviators had to evade their Japanese enemy. Only one managed to successfully avoid capture - and even then, it was all by luck.

It was 20-year-old Lt. George H.W. Bush.

For his book "Flyboys," James Bradley tracked down and researched official files and records from war crimes tribunals after the war. The fate of the other eight pilots, as he discovered, was absolutely horrifying.

• Thanks 1

I'm more interested to know how his son George W. Bush avoided death by execution for his war crimes. :huh:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I'm more interested to know how his son George W. Bush avoided death by execution for his war crimes. :huh:

He went pretty close here.

• Haha 2

I always like this one

tumblr_mbcqy5PB7O1rgtlaco1_400.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Aquila King said:

You really do have a hate on for a few fellas in this world, don’t you?

36 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You really do have a hate on for a few fellas in this world, don’t you?

A man starts an illegal war against a country that didn't attack us, killing a minimum of 200,000 innocent civilians, roughly 7,000 US soldiers die in Iraq and Afghanistan with literally millions injured, starts a ****ing torture camp that on numerous cases we tortured the wrong people, and somehow I'm the bad guy for taking great issue with that? :huh:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

A man starts an illegal war against a country that didn't attack us, killing a minimum of 200,000 innocent civilians, roughly 7,000 US soldiers die in Iraq and Afghanistan with literally millions injured, starts a ****ing torture camp that on numerous cases we tortured the wrong people, and somehow I'm the bad guy for taking great issue with that? :huh:

How you take issue with it makes you the bad guy.

Hating hate is still hate. Hating evil is still hate. Wanting death as payment for death will only mean more death.

54 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

How you take issue with it makes you the bad guy.

Hating hate is still hate. Hating evil is still hate. Wanting death as payment for death will only mean more death.

Did I say I wanted him dead? No I didn't. In fact I've already had multiple conversations on here before about my stance in absolute opposition against the death penalty. I was simply saying that given that he's a war criminal, I'm amazed that he hasn't been tried and executed under current international law. That doesn't mean that I'm pro-execution.

Regardless, you can't say you truly care about something unless you despise that which hurts or even destroys that which you care about. I hate what George Bush did because I care about the innocent lives that were killed, and the innocent people who were tortured, etc. I care about the innumerable lives who were ruined because of him. I care about those people, and it is precisely because I care that I despise what he did to them. That doesn't mean that I want George Bush to suffer, it just means that those people deserve justice, as with any victims of any crime.

This "don't ever hate anything evil, lest you be evil yourself" tactic is just a clever way of spreading indifference to those who suffer. It's a means of passive acceptance of moral atrocity. Humans are right to be angry and outraged over war crimes, or any objectively evil crime for that matter. There'd be something psychologically wrong with you if you didn't get angry and upset at that. If you can sit back and look at evil and not be outraged, disgusted, and even hate that evil, then you are the one I have the most concern over.

• Confused 1

You LITERALLY asked how Bush avoided death. If I was mistaken in interpreting that as you wanting to know why he didn’t end up the way you wanted him to, I’m sorry. 

But o me, it did read like you wanted him dead by execution for war crimes.

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You LITERALLY asked how Bush avoided death. If I was mistaken in interpreting that as you wanting to know why he didn’t end up the way you wanted him to, I’m sorry. 

But o me, it did read like you wanted him dead by execution for war crimes.

Read my posts here in this thread:

I'm not in any way advocating for the death penalty for anyone, never have and never will.

If I didn't make myself clear enough here, then I apologize. But I'm making it crystal clear now that I never once supported that.

I try not to hate anyone....but George Dubya Bush is one of many that have earned my highest level of disgust and contempt.

(spittooeey!)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Maybe you should start your own thread on that.    It has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Ozfactor said:

https://amp-businessinsider-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.businessinsider.com/how-george-hw-bush-avoided-being-eaten-by-cannibals-in-world-war-ii-2017-12?usqp=mq331AQECAE4AQ%3D%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

A US Navy pilot was shot down after making bombing runs over the tiny island of Chichijima during WWII.

He and nine fellow naval aviators had to evade their Japanese enemy. Only one managed to successfully avoid capture - and even then, it was all by luck.

It was 20-year-old Lt. George H.W. Bush.

For his book "Flyboys," James Bradley tracked down and researched official files and records from war crimes tribunals after the war. The fate of the other eight pilots, as he discovered, was absolutely horrifying.

That is some sick stuff.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Maybe you should start your own thread on that.    It has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

I agree with both of you. I can’t stand GWB, but it has nothing to do with the thread,

And I think that is a awesome war story, at least for him. The Japanese were brutal. 

22 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

He went pretty close here.

Oh man I forgot about that! Dodging shoes like he dodges international criminal charges lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I agree with both of you. I can’t stand GWB, but it has nothing to do with the thread,

And I think that is a awesome war story, at least for him. The Japanese were brutal. 

Trump is good for a few jokes but his looks are part of his image so it doesn't hit the same notes as George "nuke-u-ler" Bush.

"Our people...is learning". As crazy as it seemed at the time, the "Dubbya" era looks as sober as a Preacher on Sunday compared to this bizarre reality. The funny thing is, Bush was actually quite articulate before he ran for office. Not sure what happened there...:blink:

• Like 1