Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Refugees on new Balkan route stuck in limbo

Black Red Devil

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It's about time you stop embarrassing yourself with public proclamations that you still believe in the myth of WASP supremacy. Or carry on, some morbid humour is always welcome. 

Please show me where I have made a "public proclamation(s) ... myth of WASP supremacy." 

Or apologise. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Please show me where I have made a "public proclamation(s) ... myth of WASP supremacy." 

Or apologise. 

Sure. I apologize I mistook your genuine fear of people who are in undefined but vaguely non-WASP way different than you, for an actual WASP supremacy delusion :lol:

Back on topic, the migrant numbers are in sharp decline. Yet you don't seem calmed down with that fact. I must say that's not really surprising, since the whole migrant panic was professional propaganda at work, not an actual crisis - from European point of view, of course it's a tragedy for every person forced to migrate around.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Sure. I apologize I mistook your genuine fear of people who are in undefined but vaguely non-WASP way different than you, for an actual WASP supremacy delusion :lol:

Back on topic, the migrant numbers are in sharp decline. Yet you don't seem calmed down with that fact. I must say that's not really surprising, since the whole migrant panic was professional propaganda at work, not an actual crisis - from European point of view, of course it's a tragedy for every person forced to migrate around.  

Once more, you resort to ad-hominem and strawman arguments, and exacerbate your previous slanderous post. I do not have a "fear of people who.....". 

The illegal immigrant numbers are indeed down.. which is encouraging. But only "down" compared to the dangerously high levels of 2014. As for "It's a tragedy....", please do remind me why people from Africa, Pakistan and Bangladesh are "forced to migrate" ? , 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

please do remind me why people from Africa, Pakistan and Bangladesh are "forced to migrate" ? , 

Children forced to murder their families and join armies, religious nutters trying to trim their genitals, well I guess religious nutters really sums it up. Oh and drone strikes and artillery and all that fun stuff as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Remember those statistics from four years ago about the bulk of the fakeugees being "young men of military age" ? 

Now they are capturing the "rescue" ships. Here's an article from Breitbart, citing original Italian media sources, and Italian government officials. 

https://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/07/11/migrants-threaten-kill-rescue-crew/

Several issues arise from this, but one interesting comment caught my eye. 

Italy’s Interior Minister Matteo Salvini on Tuesday posted a transport ministry list of the migrants’ nationalities revealing that the bulk of hail from safe countries, commenting that few of the newcomers appear to have escaped conflict zones... 

DhwG7UBWsAAYLgu.jpg:large

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Remember those statistics from four years ago about the bulk of the fakeugees being "young men of military age" ? 

Now they are capturing the "rescue" ships. Here's an article from Breitbart, citing original Italian media sources, and Italian government officials. 

Personally, I wouldn't worry about things suggested by Breitbart. Not that it isn't your right to do so, but I wouldn't. They at one point published a photo of Lukas Podolski (!) on a jet-ski, claiming that's how the migrants are now arriving to Europe...

Also, I believe it builds very bad karma to make fun of someone's misery. You may question someone's motives for migration, but to call them that is not just bad taste, it makes you leave really awful impression. And I tell you that as someone who loves disgusting and un-PC jokes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your economically deprived / Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, or else! ..."

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Personally, I wouldn't worry about things suggested by Breitbart. Not that it isn't your right to do so, but I wouldn't. They at one point published a photo of Lukas Podolski (!) on a jet-ski, claiming that's how the migrants are now arriving to Europe...

..A gang who used jet skis to smuggle migrants across the Strait of Gibraltar in trips that took half an hour and cost £3,500 has been broken up by Spanish police....

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/moroccan-gang-used-jet-skis-to-smuggle-refugees-j822dhbff

So the Breitbart photo may have been mischievous, but the actual article was correct ? 

9 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Also, I believe it builds very bad karma to make fun of someone's misery. You may question someone's motives for migration, but to call them that is not just bad taste, it makes you leave really awful impression. And I tell you that as someone who loves disgusting and un-PC jokes.  

I'm not making fun of somebodies misery. I'm applying the portmanteau "fakeugee" to describe people who claim to be asylum seekers, but are in fact just economic opportunists. (with a few jihadists and islamic supremacists thrown into the mix)

• Thanks 1

On 11/07/2018 at 4:32 PM, RoofGardener said:

What scares me the most ? 

Well... at the time of writing... the Croation football team are about to send England home :D

How many players in the Croation national team are immigrants ? 

Dido.

7. 5 from Bosnia plus the coach and one I believe from latin america.

19 of Frances 23 players are immigrants. 

Late but nevertheless, Great job Croatia. I was with you.

I wish our bosnian moronic politicians would do a better job welcoming immigrants. They are small in numbers but our politicians still manage to screw up. Glad i am out of there.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, odas said:

Dido.

7. 5 from Bosnia plus the coach and one I believe from latin america.

19 of Frances 23 players are immigrants. 

Late but nevertheless, Great job Croatia. I was with you.

I wish our bosnian moronic politicians would do a better job welcoming immigrants. They are small in numbers but our politicians still manage to screw up. Glad i am out of there.

The Latin American guy was bought by the guy who is considered the head of illegal football... what to call it... syndicate? That guy is now hiding from Croatian justice in B&H, saying he's 'proud citizen of B&H'. It's most interesting that our national football team started doing well at the exact same time he was about to be arrested. 

But I don't consider Bosnians immigrants when they come to Croatia, you are neighbours, close relatives and we've been going in and out our countries since... the amoebas.

Anyway, B&H politicians too want to score some cheap points misusing fear of 'others'. Instead of doing something to make survival in B&H possible, so the Bosnians don't have to migrate too. Same situation with my country - we need a lot more actual justice in our own affairs. Migrants have nothing to do with that.  

• Thanks 2

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, RoofGardener said:

Calling Pakistan a safe place is a bit of a reach. Clearly one that needed to be made though otherwise the gist of the story kinda goes poof  

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Calling Pakistan a safe place is a bit of a reach. Clearly one that needed to be made though otherwise the gist of the story kinda goes poof  

So you are suggesting that people are fleeing Pakistan because... what ? 

If they fear political persecution, why don't they go to India, or China, or the gulf states such as Oman or Saudi ? Or perhaps Turkey ? 

Or is it possible that they just go where the money is ? (except for the Gulf States, who don't allow them in). I would suggest that they are NOT refugees or asylum seekers, but opportunists. They want a better lifestyle. 

This is understandable, but we should stop calling them "refugees". 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

So you are suggesting that people are fleeing Pakistan because... what ? 

War in the east, war in the west.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_North-West_Pakistan

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-kashmir-conflict-india-pakistan-13283550

Of course the previously mentioned religious nutters and man while not officially on the list of acceptable things to apply for asylum over , they live in a nation that thinks driving around with nukes in unmarked vans is a good idea...bro that is enough for me :lol: ...not really but almost 

Pakistan Carts Its Nukes Around In Delivery Vans

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

f they fear political persecution, why don't they go to India, or China, or the gulf states such as Oman or Saudi ? Or perhaps Turkey ? 

That I cant argue with. I mean the reasoning is pretty blatant and obvious - quality of life. 

15 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

This is understandable, but we should stop calling them "refugees". 

IDK I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle on this one. Im positive you are correct and many are simply looking for economic opportunity but I think the overall percentage is small and I think the percentage of those who are doing so in a truly predatory manner is miniscule.

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

War in the east, war in the west.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_North-West_Pakistan

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-kashmir-conflict-india-pakistan-13283550

Of course the previously mentioned religious nutters and man while not officially on the list of acceptable things to apply for asylum over , they live in a nation that thinks driving around with nukes in unmarked vans is a good idea...bro that is enough for me :lol: ...not really but almost 

I suppose it's off topic but I'm sure the OP won't mind.  It's crazy and mind boggling how a third world country such as Pakistan was actually allowed to develop their nuclear program back in the 70's.  While everyone is freaking out about fatboy's dud nukes, Pakistan has the Taliban, Al Queda and ISIS operatives running around inside their territory.  If they get a hold of one....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

...... Of course the previously mentioned religious nutters and man while not officially on the list of acceptable things to apply for asylum over , they live in a nation that thinks driving around with nukes in unmarked vans is a good idea...bro that is enough for me :lol: ...not really but almost 

They move nukes in delivery vans ? 

Their insurance premiums must be HORRENDOUS :o 

• Haha 1

I think your best bet if you were leaving your country as a refugee, would be to stay low and move with the flow like water. It's not easy when you leave your home and have nowhere to go. Unless you really have to, it's probably a better idea to stay there. Yielding before a ruler that has taken risen against you pacifies great offenses.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2018 at 2:13 PM, Black Red Devil said:

I don't think there's a specific selection criteria or preference.  Most refugees/migrants are coming from the ME and North Africa which are almost totally Islamic. 

Unless you're Christian (actually, non-Muslim), and trying to claim refuge or asylum in the United Kingdom !

The UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) recommended 1,358 Syrian refugees for resettlement in the UK of which only 4 were Christians, representing a tiny fraction of just 0.29%. No Yazidis at all were recommended by the UN.

The Home Office agreed to resettle 1,112 of these (82%), all of whom were Muslims, and refused all recommendations of Christians.

https://barnabasfund.org/en/news/no-christians-at-all-among-1112-syrian-refugees-resettled-in-the-uk-this-year#

This issue was raised over a year ago by Lord Carey. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-christian-refugees-syria-lord-george-carey-discrimination-archbishop-of-canterbury-muslims-a7681446.html

Edited by RoofGardener

On 7/31/2018 at 7:07 PM, RoofGardener said:

It must be parts of those Saudi funds drifting sideways into the bank accounts of some of your local politicians....obviously by mistake.