Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Frequency of "A"

From the closed  "The Great Pyramid (G1)" thread

"The frequency for A ranges from 432 to 446. The average of this is 439 which still isn't 440.

The coffer in the Kings chamber: 

I picked up the electronic tuning device I’d brought and struck the coffer again. There it was, A-438, just as Ben had predicted.

Whoops, this is what I meant to post

From the closed  "The Great Pyramid (G1)" thread

"The frequency for A ranges from 432 to 446. The average of this is 439 which still isn't 440.

The coffer is tuned to A

I picked up the electronic tuning device I’d brought and struck the coffer again. There it was, A-438, just as Ben had predicted.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/piramides/esp_piramide_19.htm

Are you talking about the spoken letter "A" or the musical scale "A"?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taun said:

Are you talking about the spoken letter "A" or the musical scale "A"?

Never thought bout asking that question. Good question

• Like 1

Musical scale. Think I'm being quoted here and I demand a citation. Only joking.

Like mentioned in the other thread, there are loads of A's in various keys and frequencies.

• Like 3

If it;s not just As, but also Ds, then that might mean he is talking about me :o 

My name is A & D ....... :P     I always knew us Andys were special :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I find it curious the that the coffer rings at 438hz which is (close) to the length

of a side in cubits 440.  Not claiming it was intentional.

1 hour ago, WVK said:

I find it curious the that the coffer rings at 438hz which is (close) to the length

of a side in cubits 440.  Not claiming it was intentional.

How much of a coincidence is this? And was the tuning fork tested all over the sarcophagus, or did the guy whack it once and decide that's good enough?

Whatever sound whacking the sarcophagus might produce, how on earth is this at all relevant to the king's tomb?

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

How much of a coincidence is this? And was the tuning fork tested all over the sarcophagus, or did the guy whack it once and decide that's good enough?

Whatever sound whacking the sarcophagus might produce, how on earth is this at all relevant to the king's tomb?

Hi sesh, thought I quickly jump in before you find a reason to shut this interesting thread down and ask you a slightly off topic but relevant question. You mentioned the sarcophagus in the kings chamber... now if memory serves, the opening into the kings chamber looks far to small to fit the sarcophagus through. How did it get there?

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

It's how they summoned the space aliens.

jmccr8

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Hi sesh, thought I quickly jump in before you find a reason to shut this interesting thread down and ask you a slightly off topic but relevant question. You mentioned the sarcophagus in the kings chamber... now if memory serves, the opening into the kings chamber looks far to small to fit the sarcophagus through. How did it get there?

The only problem with this thread is that its topic was taken from a problematic closed thread. So far, so good.

As for the sarcophagus, the only way to get it in there is during the course of construction. They got in in there before the King's Chamber even existed (no walls or ceiling yet). Once the sarcophagus was in place, they were able to set the masonry for the walls and ceiling.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

The only problem with this thread is that its topic was taken from a problematic closed thread. So far, so good.

As for the sarcophagus, the only way to get it in there is during the course of construction. They got in in there before the King's Chamber even existed (no walls or ceiling yet). Once the sarcophagus was in place, they were able to set the masonry for the walls and ceiling.

Right. So would it have the finished carved sarcophagus or just a block of granite and then carved after the pyramid was built around it?

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Right. So would it have the finished carved sarcophagus or just a block of granite and then carved after the pyramid was built around it?

Almost certainly it was finished prior to placement, just as sarcophagi usually were before being positioned in burial chambers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

Almost certainly it was finished prior to placement, just as sarcophagi usually were before being positioned in burial chambers.

Rightly. So would you say that the pharaoh that built the pyramid was richer than King tut? You see the reason I ask is that the length of king Tut’s coffin, that was found in his sarcophagus, was 7,4 feet long. That included the death mask. Now Tut was a small man. 

The inside length of the sarcophagus in the kings chamber in the great pyramid is but 6,5 long. 

Do you see where I’m going with this?

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Rightly. So would you say that the pharaoh that built the pyramid was richer than King tut? You see the reason I ask is that the length of king Tut’s coffin, that was found in his sarcophagus, was 7,4 feet long. That included the death mask. Now Tut was a small man. 

The inside length of the sarcophagus in the kings chamber in the great pyramid is but 6,5 long. 

Do you see where I’m going with this?

No, I'm afraid I'm too dense. The height of the king might've made him seem more imposing, but what truly mattered was the government and military over which the king ruled. Tut might be an awkward comparison because he reigned so briefly and never became a great king, but think of the New Kingdom and especially the lines ruling in Dynasty 18. Khufu was a great king, of course, but in Dynasty 18 Egypt was considerably wealthier and more powerful than it had been in Dynasty 4. Kings like Amunhotep I, Tuthmosis III, and Amunhotep III were much more powerful than Khufu had been.

Incidentally, forensic exams of Tut's human remains show he was probably around 5'6." That would've made him quite tall compared to the average Egyptian male of 5'2" to 5'3." We can't say with any certaintly how tall Khufu may have been because his body is lost to history.

• Like 2

The average ancient Egyptian male was actually around 5'5 and 140lbs. But the elite, with their more balanced diet tended to be considerably larger. Amenhotep II for example was about 6'3, while Senwosret III was rumored to have been 6'7. Though his mummy is unavailable for analysis.

With a proper diet the ancients were more than capable of attaining the same level of height reached by people today. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

No, I'm afraid I'm too dense. The height of the king might've made him seem more imposing, but what truly mattered was the government and military over which the king ruled. Tut might be an awkward comparison because he reigned so briefly and never became a great king, but think of the New Kingdom and especially the lines ruling in Dynasty 18. Khufu was a great king, of course, but in Dynasty 18 Egypt was considerably wealthier and more powerful than it had been in Dynasty 4. Kings like Amunhotep I, Tuthmosis III, and Amunhotep III were much more powerful than Khufu had been.

Incidentally, forensic exams of Tut's human remains show he was probably around 5'6." That would've made him quite tall compared to the average Egyptian male of 5'2" to 5'3." We can't say with any certaintly how tall Khufu may have been because his body is lost to history.

Well if Tut was taller it would only have been by centimetres. If a Kings mummy with all the funeral garments and decorations in a coffin had a length of over 7 feet (and Tut’s was 7.5 feet) there is just no way that even an average AE male in full funeral attire and in a coffin would fit in a 6.5 foot long solid granite sarcophagus. 

Are you suggesting that the pharaoh buried in the GP was buried without a coffin?

3 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

The average ancient Egyptian male was actually around 5'5 and 140lbs. But the elite, with their more balanced diet tended to be considerably larger. Amenhotep II for example was about 6'3, while Senwosret III was rumored to have been 6'7. Though his mummy is unavailable for analysis.

With a proper diet the ancients were more than capable of attaining the same level of height reached by people today. 

So a king at that size just wouldn’t be able to be properly laid to rest in the sarcophagus in the GP even without the customary burial coffin and regalia.

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

So a king at that size just wouldn’t be able to be properly laid to rest in the sarcophagus in the GP even without the customary burial coffin and regalia.

Well, the funeral attire during the Old Kingdom would have been different than the 18th Dynasty. While gold was certainly buried with Egypt's rulers since the earliest dynasties, the gold death mask was likely a later innovation. 

If you have a sarcophagus of around 6'6, with a coffin of say 6-6'2, the burial could easily have contained an adult male of around 5'9.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Well, the funeral attire during the Old Kingdom would have been different than the 18th Dynasty. While gold was certainly buried with Egypt's rulers since the earliest dynasties, the gold death mask was likely a later innovation. 

If you have a sarcophagus of around 6'6, with a coffin of say 6-6'2, the burial could easily have contained an adult male of around 5'9.

I take your word that there might have been a difference in funeral coffins and attire but there is no proof. Of course I do have my doubts especially since the grande size and majesty of the pyramids would have suggested something with more bling. 

• Like 1

While the investigation is still in its preliminary stages, I and a few colleagues of mine are in the process of having the mummified remains discovered in the Red Pyramid released from storage for C14 testing. 

We have succeeded in tracking down the original report describing these remains and they were determined to be of an adult male, older than middle age. By all accounts this mummy was likely King Sneferu himself. Analysis has revealed that during life he would have been fairly short but powerfully built. It is likely his son and heir Khufu would have possessed a similar physique.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

He probably wasn't that size. Absent his mummy, no one can say for sure. This was the Early Bronze Age. Diet is only one thing that contributes to a tall stature. Also critical is overall health, and it's been determined from analyses of mummified intestines that these people lived with flukes, worms, and parasites their whole lives. In other words, these people on average did not enjoy the level of health we take for granted today. And chronic illness, especially while a person is still in immaturity, tends to cause reduced stature.

The literature I've read from forensic experts like Nunn and Filer stresses the average height for a Bronze Age adult male in the Middle East was about 5'3," and for a woman about 4'10." Analyses of human remains shows one of the tallest ancient Egyptian men was Ramesses II, who may have been 5'8" or 5'9," although as I recall Unknown Man E was near the same. Without the actual mummies we can not be sure how tall some of these people were—if we believe everything they wronte, their rulers were all physically imposing supermen with prowess in all undertakings.

It's also wise to consider the poor fit many mummies suffered inside their coffins—quite a few have been shown to be squeezed into them. Tut was one of them; the abnormalities to his feet that Hawass's team chalked up to club foot, could've just as easily been caused by a poor fit inside his coffin (other forensic experts have epressed this cautionary reminder).

Lastly, because nothing exists in Khufu's burial chamber but an empty sarcophagus, we can't know what all might've been inside that stone box. Based on other Old Kingdom burials, it's been observed that many mummies were placed inside sarcophagi with a coffin. Might the same have been true for Khufu? Possibly, but again, without the mummy we will never be sure of his stature.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I take your word that there might have been a difference in funeral coffins and attire but there is no proof. Of course I do have my doubts especially since the grande size and majesty of the pyramids would have suggested something with more bling. 

The best preserved royal mummy discovered from the Fourth Dynasty was that of Prince Ranefer, Sneferu's son. The style of mummification was remarkably advanced though different from later periods. The limbs and fingers were wrapped individually and included plaster molding and a plaster death mask. The facial features were painted on and the deceased were buried in clothing they wore in life. This mummy contained nothing that would have significantly increased his height during burial.

Unfortunately the remains of Prince Ranefer are no longer available for analysis. They were held in the British Museum, but were destroyed during a German air raid in 1940.

• Like 3