Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Frequency of "A"

26 minutes ago, WVK said:

I would suggest reading the quote before commenting. F

Jmccr8 is correct. The sound "value" that the stone masons would have heard was incidental and likely would have been no more significant than any other sound heard in their daily lives.

Or would you have us to believe that the ancient Egyptians would have assigned musical significance every time someone passed gas?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

likely would have been no more significant than any other sound heard in their daily lives.

Nonsence

"When you found the resonant note, the softest you could hum would reverberate so much in that frequency that it would massage your whole body. And if you hummed at the level of a reasonable talking voice or louder, it actually hurt your ears"

12 minutes ago, WVK said:

Nonsence

"When you found the resonant note, the softest you could hum would reverberate so much in that frequency that it would massage your whole body. And if you hummed at the level of a reasonable talking voice or louder, it actually hurt your ears"

All stones and metals make sounds when struck. And any chamber made of rock will echo. That is the nature of such things. But to attach cultic significance to any of these things in lieu of documentary evidence is idle speculation which good scholars do not engage in.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

All stones and metals make sounds when struck. And any chamber made of rock will echo. That is the nature of such things. But to attach cultic significance to any of these things in lieu of documentary evidence is idle speculation which good scholars do not engage in.

Until recently scholars have not considered acoustics in the understanding of ancient cultures 

Lets see. The engineers know how tall the king is. They order the manufacture and placement of a nice granite box, The know he will shrink a tad when turned into a human prune. Hmmm like logic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

An F? Well...I guess there's always a first time for everything. LOL!

Hi Harry,

Maybe it's an A flat or it means freaking awesome he gave me one too:unsure:

jmccr8.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WVK said:

Until recently scholars have not considered acoustics in the understanding of ancient cultures 

All I have seen is psudo-intilectualized New Age Cranktology sites proffer this twaddle on the masses. Just another way for the "New Age Industrial Complex" to make money and damage more minds. They cab sell more tours and risk damage to UNESCO heritage sites by having people smacking structures.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, WVK said:

Hi WVK,

You might want to do a search on that, I am going to give you a few links to read but this is IN NO WAY support for the comments that you are making about Egyptians and burial music boxes.

https://phys.org/wire-news/164386603/ancient-man-used-super-acoustics-to-alter-consciousness-and-spe.html

https://www.newgrange.com/

http://www.ancientmusicireland.com/page/instruments-through-the-ages.html

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology-mysterious-phenomena/experts-unravel-sound-effects-malta-s-hypogeum-hal

jmccr8

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, WVK said:

Maybe that is because there are very few ancient records mentioning the significance of acoustics.  Nobody in there right mind would have struck the royal sarcophagus unless they had a death wish.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

.  Nobody in there right mind would have struck the royal sarcophagus unless they had a death wish.

Once again! I would suggest reading the quote before commenting. F,F

5 hours ago, WVK said:

Lets not shoot the message on account of the messenger. 

Sorry, that wasn't aimed at you. It was directed obliquely at the New Ager telling the story about his group's bizarre antics in the King's Chamber.

I have a friend who's visited Egypt several times. The last time was as part f a group headed by an Egyptologist we know. Sadly the group contained a sizable number of what we call Crystal People, who are odd folks given to all manner of New Age nonsense. They commandeered the King's Chamber and proceeded to chant and engage in other silly antics. My friend barely got a look at the King's Chamber.

Question is what would a (pre-scientific) AE initiate have

made of this? 

Initiate to what? For one thing, Egypt was never big on the concept of mystery schools. For another, the King's Chamber was sealed in 2500 BCE and not opened until tomb raiders worked their way in there, much later. Would've been a useless space for "rituals" performed by the living. It was a tomb, not an auditorium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WVK said:

Alright, are you suggesting the ancient Egyptians held concerts in the King's Chamber? Because as ridiculous as it sounds that seems to be what you are implying.  

As I mentioned earlier, if you hammer on any rock or metal, or speak or make any noise whatsoever inside any chamber, it is guaranteed to carry a sound.  If anything, I would imagine that Khufu's funeral procession would have noticed the echoing inside the King's Chamber as the lector priest chanted the prayers designed to ensure the deceased ruler ascended to the gods.  They certainly would have attached significance to the chanting of the Pyramid Texts performed by the lector priest, but I highly doubt they would have attached any significance to the echoing inside the chamber.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WVK said:

Hi Wvk

Why don't you take what credible posters are telling you seriously? I mean they are proficient in their fields and are giving you worthwhile responses.AA to them

jmccr8

• Like 1

Plus anyone banging metal or objects on a UNESCO heritage item may have fun getting close with Bubba el Mohammed in an Egyptian jail.

• Haha 3

Can someone tell me what the F's at the end of posts mean?

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

He is grading our replies to his "theory."

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

What a *Snip*.

Edited by kmt_sesh
Language! Tsk tsk.
  • Haha 2

Just now, danydandan said:

Hi Dany

Not sure but I tend to think that he thinks he is grading a stone music history test.:lol:

jmccr8

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, danydandan said:

What a *Snip*.

Well that would be a percussion instrument.

jmccr8

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

How come I'm left out? I can't have an ice cream cone unless I get at least a C+.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Well that would be a percussion instrument.

jmccr8

No I mean........ Oh wait. Yes a guitar prick. That a string instrument.

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

How come I'm left out? I can't have an ice cream cone unless I get at least a C+.

Very well. C+

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Well then that would make you the class genius, the rest of us are getting F or FF.

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

Just now, danydandan said:

Very well. C+

It has to come from WVK. He appears to be the grader around here.

• Haha 2