Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Frequency of "A"

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I don't have a favourite. But, I did give a link to an online version. And, I identified the paragraph by number. 

I gave the details of the copy I have at home. 

Most of my posts here are by phone. If you really want me to copy the quotes here, can it wait until I get home? 

Again, a worthy discussion, but if we're to discuss Herodotus, it would be better to do so in a new thread.

57 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I don't have a favourite. But, I did give a link to an online version. And, I identified the paragraph by number. 

I gave the details of the copy I have at home. 

Most of my posts here are by phone. If you really want me to copy the quotes here, can it wait until I get home? 

Yes mate, all good.

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I don’t doubt your research but the facts are that the great pyramid shows little evidence of being a tomb. The pyramids at Giza are aligned and neither try to out compete in size, design 

In spite of the fact that it's shaped like the other pyramid tombs and the chambers are very similar to other pyramid tombs?

If it had been made for a unique function, the interior design would be different and would reflect the intended usage.   You can't have much of a ritual in a space where you can't bring in ritual objects (except small ones) or draw out ritual designs (except small ones) or have the leaders of rituals get in and out with their gear easily.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

In spite of the fact that it's shaped like the other pyramid tombs and the chambers are very similar to other pyramid tombs?

If it had been made for a unique function, the interior design would be different and would reflect the intended usage.  

And in spite of the fact that it was built in the middle of a vast necropolis, with thousands of tombs and burials. As well as the fact that we know Khufu had an active burial cult there till the end of the Old Kingdom. Oh, also, we know that numerous family members are buried around the pyramid; their tombs are known, even his mother's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

And in spite of the fact that it was built in the middle of a vast necropolis...

Well, there's your proof right there.

"A" vast necropolis.

Other necropoli were C sharp, and B flat.

Harte

• Haha 2

200.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coil said:

form of sound A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIYtPNJgevw

432-440Hz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zw0uWCNsyw

It turns out that sounds create material forms and hence the word has creative power.

Oh good lord. Did you complete your education?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, danydandan said:

Oh good lord. Did you complete your education?

Hi Dany

Are you inferring that 46 seasons of Sesame Street is not a full education? Gasp

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Coil said:

form of sound A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIYtPNJgevw

432-440Hz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zw0uWCNsyw

It turns out that sounds create material forms and hence the word has creative power.

Since you're new here, you may not be aware that "look at this video" is not considered much of a comeback.  Explain what's on the video and why it relates.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Explain what's on the video and why it relates.

My explanation I expressed in a previous message in this thread in the last sentence.

On 7/8/2018 at 9:38 AM, WVK said:

In that case one can only imagine the surprise when it was discovered that an end to end conversation in a normal speaking voice was possible. All the more surprising since the speakers can barely see one another (525ft). 

So if it can be accepted that the GBC acoustical characteristics were  intentional wouldn't that increase the probability that

the quetzal  echo (Temple of Kukulkan)  and the quetzal/rattlesnake echo (Temple of the Warriors) were also intentional?

3 hours ago, WVK said:

So if it can be accepted that the GBC acoustical characteristics were  intentional wouldn't that increase the probability that

the quetzal  echo (Temple of Kukulkan)  and the quetzal/rattlesnake echo (Temple of the Warriors) were also intentional?

Hi WVK

How they are different cultures separated by time and distance that built different structures serving different purposes. You have to look at things in the context of culture and use.

jmccr8

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 11:28 AM, Kenemet said:

If it had been made for a unique function, the interior design would be different and would reflect the intended usage.   You can't have much of a ritual in a space where you can't bring in ritual objects (except small ones) or draw out ritual designs (except small ones) or have the leaders of rituals get in and out with their gear easily.

you do realise that at some point the ancient Pharaohs would have acknowledged that the pyramids were not ideal resting places cause they could be robbed? i don't think that my idea of a ceremonial monument would be outta place in the Giza Plateau. you are right that the entrance was far too small for not just priest officiating but how did they expect the get all the funeral objects in? even the casket, coffin would have been an effort.  

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

you do realise that at some point the ancient Pharaohs would have acknowledged that the pyramids were not ideal resting places cause they could be robbed? i don't think that my idea of a ceremonial monument would be outta place in the Giza Plateau. you are right that the entrance was far too small for not just priest officiating but how did they expect the get all the funeral objects in? even the casket, coffin would have been an effort.  

Yes, that's why they began burying in the Valley of the kings.  The monuments to the kings, however, were not put at Giza.

And they got the funeral objects in as that layer of the pyramid was being built.  Easy to slide it in before the walls are set in place.

I'd also add that we don't know what all went into a royal burial in the Old Kingdom. We have no "King Tut" to show us what a mostly unrobbed tomb looks like that early in history. Yes, there may have been loads of goods in Khufu's burial chamber—or there may have been very little. This is suspected of tombs late in the New Kingdom, in which the common scarcity of grave goods was deliberate and replaced by painted objects on the walls. To them, a picture of a thing was as good as the real thing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'd also add that we don't know what all went into a royal burial in the Old Kingdom. We have no "King Tut" to show us what a mostly unrobbed tomb looks like that early in history. Yes, there may have been loads of goods in Khufu's burial chamber—or there may have been very little. This is suspected of tombs late in the New Kingdom, in which the common scarcity of grave goods was deliberate and replaced by painted objects on the walls. To them, a picture of a thing was as good as the real thing.

My personal opinion is that there wasn't that much in the large Giza pyramids.  They would have had to stock each room as it was being built and keep it from being robbed for well over a decade while the tomb was being finished.  In a design like Djoser's pyramid it would have been much easier since you could wall over the storage areas in one fell swoop.

58 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Yes, that's why they began burying in the Valley of the kings.  The monuments to the kings, however, were not put at Giza.

And they got the funeral objects in as that layer of the pyramid was being built.  Easy to slide it in before the walls are set in place.

they buried in the valley of the kings and elsewhere a long time latter. bringing in funerary objects (including the sarcophagus) in the pyramid before it was complete or even before the Pharaoh's death is another irregularity in the pyramid narrative that doesn't fit. remember these objects were the Pharaohs every day items. 

i think its time we admitted that the the Pyramids at Giza were decoy's and monuments to a dynasty more than resting places.  

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

they buried in the valley of the kings and elsewhere a long time latter

Yes, after it became clear that pyramid robbing was a "thing."

. bringing in funerary objects (including the sarcophagus) in the pyramid before it was complete or even before the Pharaoh's death is another irregularity in the pyramid narrative that doesn't fit. remember these objects were the Pharaohs every day items. 

Sarcophagi weren't everyday items.  We know that families generally began constructing their tombs shortly after the husband moved out of his parent's house and that they would build new tombs as their status changed (when someone was promoted, they started a newer and more lavishly designed tomb.)

And how do you know what was in the pharaoh's tombs of that time?  We know what was it Tut's tomb...and a lot of it was a collection designed for someone else's burial (because his death was unexpected.)

And how are you proposing the sarcophagus got into the GP?  Putting it in (nothing worth stealing about a huge granite box) when it's being built is the logical method.  They couldn't have put it in AFTER it was built.

• Like 2

The change of venue for the Royal necropolis during the New Kingdom—from the western plateau at Memphis to the Valley of the Kings at Thebes—was a political choice as much as it was the purported practical one of eliminating royal tomb robbing.  At Memphis, the huge ancient necropolis was under the jurisdiction of the High Priests of Ptah.  At Thebes, the Valley of the Kings was small and would be controlled by the Amun priesthood. 

There are, I think, records of tomb robbing on the Memphis plateau previous to the New Kingdom, but I’m not aware of any conclusive evidence that the royal pyramids of the kings themselves were extensively robbed.  I could be wrong about that, of course; I’m not the most informed hereabouts.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Yes, after it became clear that pyramid robbing was a "thing."

Sarcophagi weren't everyday items.  We know that families generally began constructing their tombs shortly after the husband moved out of his parent's house and that they would build new tombs as their status changed (when someone was promoted, they started a newer and more lavishly designed tomb.)

And how do you know what was in the pharaoh's tombs of that time?  We know what was it Tut's tomb...and a lot of it was a collection designed for someone else's burial (because his death was unexpected.)

And how are you proposing the sarcophagus got into the GP?  Putting it in (nothing worth stealing about a huge granite box) when it's being built is the logical method.  They couldn't have put it in AFTER it was built.

no they couldn't have put the sarcophagus in after the pyramid was built. i have already been there with sesh. more than likely it was transported as a block and carved once in place. again you haven't addressed how the funerary objects got in there and how they got out. 

where are the hieroglyphics and funeral text? 

Im prepared to accept that the remains were hidden someplace else in the pyramid (maybe that void they are investigating) or even hidden under the bedrock in some cavern system like was told to Herodotus. this picking and choosing facts to support the official story is falling apart. all facts must be accounted for.

25 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

no they couldn't have put the sarcophagus in after the pyramid was built. i have already been there with sesh. more than likely it was transported as a block and carved once in place.

Why would they carve it when it was in there?  That isn't logical - they'd have to take out all the chips from the pounding. The king approved all the material for his tomb while he was alive (at least, barring an unexpected death.)  If he didn't like it then they'd have to haul another huge block in and carve it and dispose of all the chips somewhere.  It's more likely that it was carved in a workshop near the quarry and then transported.

again you haven't addressed how the funerary objects got in there and how they got out. 

where are the hieroglyphics and funeral text? 

Why should I address this?

You seem to have forgotten your original statement:  that the sarcophagus, when struck, resonates to 440 A... and that somehow the Egyptians could measure the amplitude of sound and that it was used for Mystical Purposes as a measurement of the Great Pyramid's sides or something similar.

Our contention is that it's not a musical instrument, that no ceremonies were held in there, and that the Egyptians had no way of measuring the frequency of a sound and converting it to a magical "440."

2 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Why would they carve it when it was in there?  That isn't logical - they'd have to take out all the chips from the pounding. The king approved all the material for his tomb while he was alive (at least, barring an unexpected death.)  If he didn't like it then they'd have to haul another huge block in and carve it and dispose of all the chips somewhere.  It's more likely that it was carved in a workshop near the quarry and then transported.

why is it illogical? a carved sarcophagus would be more prone to damage. it could just as easily been reworked at a latter time to suit the coffin dimensions that might have changed with the style and taste of the pharaoh. 

5 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Why should I address this?

why not? if you couldn't get the sarcophagus in after construction then what makes you think the funerary objects that the pharaoh used everyday stood a chance of getting into the tomb. there are just soo many holes in the pyramid narrative that one must question the entire Gaza Plateau and its function. 

8 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

You seem to have forgotten your original statement:  that the sarcophagus, when struck, resonates to 440 A... and that somehow the Egyptians could measure the amplitude of sound and that it was used for Mystical Purposes as a measurement of the Great Pyramid's sides or something similar.

sorry love but that wasn't me that said that. in fact i called that theory wacky. 

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

sorry love but that wasn't me that said that. in fact i called that theory wacky. 

See that? We can agree on something!

• Like 1