Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
WVK

Frequency of "A"

206 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

WVK
3 hours ago, WVK said:

"In addition, all reflections from the parallel walls of the ball court are first reflections, that is, they have a difference in arrival of less than 35 milliseconds with respect to the direct signal and therefore help the sound reinforcement of the message. The fact that the walls surrounding the north and south temple are less than the parallel walls of the court, prevent the rays that fall in this area from the north temple or the south temple are returned or reflected to the court, thus avoiding unwanted reflections and therefore interference."

https://www.acusticaweb.com/acustica-arquitectonica/blog/acca-arquitecta/artlo-especial-sobre-la-acca-de-chichen-itz.html

https://www.acusticaweb.com/acustica-arquitectonica/blog/acca-arquitecta/artlo-especial-sobre-la-acca-de-chichen-itz.html#comment-899

Another consideration from a respected source:

 "Its dimensions are such, many scholars have suggested that actual ballplay would have been impossible. They maintain it may have been used as a ritual space where the ballgame was never played but which was, nevertheless, charged with all the cosmological meaning of an actual ballcourt:

http://www.mesoweb.com/chichen/features/tour/04.html.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
28 minutes ago, WVK said:

Another consideration from a respected source:

 "Its dimensions are such, many scholars have suggested that actual ballplay would have been impossible. They maintain it may have been used as a ritual space where the ballgame was never played but which was, nevertheless, charged with all the cosmological meaning of an actual ballcourt:

http://www.mesoweb.com/chichen/features/tour/04.html.

It's all apophenia man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
1 hour ago, WVK said:

Another consideration from a respected source:

 "Its dimensions are such, many scholars have suggested that actual ballplay would have been impossible. They maintain it may have been used as a ritual space where the ballgame was never played but which was, nevertheless, charged with all the cosmological meaning of an actual ballcourt:

http://www.mesoweb.com/chichen/features/tour/04.html.

While I am an archaeologist, I specialize in ancient Egyptian archaeology. So I'm afraid I am not the man to ask about Mesoamerican archaeology.

@Piney would be the guy to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVK
1 hour ago, WVK said:

. I believe that the AEs would find the described  acoustics magical, supernatural.  Possibly used for psychological manipulation by the Chief.  

 

 For fun,,lets say that the acoustic was intentional and used to by Khufu to impress whomever he needed to impress of his divinity. But there was a problem. Anyone associated with the magic acoustical box would know it was a trick. They knew that the emporer had no clothes. Khufu would have had them "swimming with the fishes". posthaste. This would explain why Khafre's pyramid didn't include a similar magic box.

WVK aka Weird Vigorously Persistent Krank.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
23 minutes ago, WVK said:

 For fun,,lets say that the acoustic was intentional and used to by Khufu to impress whomever he needed to impress of his divinity. But there was a problem. Anyone associated with the magic acoustical box would know it was a trick. They knew that the emporer had no clothes. Khufu would have had them "swimming with the fishes". posthaste. This would explain why Khafre's pyramid didn't include a similar magic box.

WVK aka Weird Vigorously Persistent Krank.

Well, Khufu wouldn't have needed to go through the trouble to convince his subjects of his divinity. The fact that he was able to command and marshal all of the human and material resources of his vast realm for the purpose of constructing his massive tomb would have been evidence enough.

And in order for anyone to experience such a phenomena, they would have to lie down inside the stone sarcophagus while still alive and start humming.

I don't think Khufu would have lain down inside the sarcophagus to see if it fit. Do you?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

While I am an archaeologist, I specialize in ancient Egyptian archaeology. So I'm afraid I am not the man to ask about Mesoamerican archaeology.

@Piney would be the guy to ask.

I'm strictly North America. @Jarocal  is the Mesoamerican specialee-tist

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVK
33 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Well, Khufu wouldn't have needed to go through the trouble to convince his subjects of his divinity. The fact that he was able to command and marshal all of the human and material resources of his vast realm for the purpose of constructing his massive tomb would have been evidence enough.

Maybe the magic box was the reason he got the "best" pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
7 minutes ago, WVK said:

Maybe the magic box was the reason he got the "best" pyramid.

The granite used for the sarcophagus was quarried at Aswan. The site was available for any king who chose to use it. Khafre's sarcophagus was granite, Menkaure on the other hand chose a basalt sarcophagus. It was up to the tastes of the individual monarch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVK
44 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Well, Khufu wouldn't have needed to go through the trouble to convince his subjects of his divinity. The fact that he was able to command and marshal all of the human and material resources of his vast realm for the purpose of constructing his massive tomb would have been evidence enough.

 A Divinity Enhancer Chamber  aka DEC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
3 minutes ago, WVK said:

 A Divinity Enhancer Chamber  aka DEC

I am not aware of any ancient Egyptian correlation between acoustics and divinity. Perhaps you can enlighten me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVK
55 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

 

I don't think Khufu would have lain down inside the sarcophagus to see if it fit. Do you?

The other way around, the subject in goes in the box 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVK
13 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

I am not aware of any ancient Egyptian correlation between acoustics and divinity. Perhaps you can enlighten me?

No. Is there a hieroglyph for "Acoustic"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
1 minute ago, WVK said:

No. Is there a hieroglyph for "Acoustic"

Do you actually believe they built the chamber to a specific acoustic frequency?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry

@WVKthe Egyptian word for "sound" or "voice" was kheru. 

The word for "music" was shema.

Edited by Lord Harry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVK
14 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Do you actually believe they built the chamber to a specific acoustic frequency?

I believe it would be worth a archaeoacoustical study.  I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
Just now, WVK said:

I believe it would be worth a archaeoacoustical study.  I

Considering there is no evidence to suggest or support the hypothesis all it is and will be in speculation, until and if there is evidence to suggest it's a possibility, is found.

It's would not be a good use of resources to start such a study.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Considering there is no evidence to suggest or support the hypothesis all it is and will be in speculation, until and if there is evidence to suggest it's a possibility, is found.

It's would not be a good use of resources to start such a study.

Hi Dany

Yes, and seeing how it was sealed up after internment is would be a waste of resources to construct it for acoustical use.

jmccr8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
51 minutes ago, WVK said:

The other way around, the subject in goes in the box 

What subject? Who exactly do you think would have sung a tune in the box?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVK
13 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

What subject? Who exactly do you think would have sung a tune in the box?

Pointless to discuss without  acoustical study. The reason I referenced the goofy websites is because that all their is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
1 hour ago, danydandan said:

Do you actually believe they built the chamber to a specific acoustic frequency?

more importantly why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky

i think someone has also mentioned Herodotus and his claims that the Great Pyramid wasn't used as a tomb and that Khufu's tomb is someplace else. the fact that the ancients also had their doubts about the great pyramid is significant and shouldn't be over looked. but the OP is using the argument of frequency which would suggest either a radio transmitter or a power source. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

i think someone has also mentioned Herodotus and his claims that the Great Pyramid wasn't used as a tomb and that Khufu's tomb is someplace else. the fact that the ancients also had their doubts about the great pyramid is significant and shouldn't be over looked. but the OP is using the argument of frequency which would suggest either a radio transmitter or a power source. 

Actually Herodotus never claimed the Great Pyramid wasn't the tomb of Khufu. On the contrary, he mentions an underground chamber in which the king was buried. 

Of course Herodotus was wrong here. The Great Pyramid's subterranean chamber never contained a burial. Rather it likely had symbolic importance, with its rough unfinished state reminiscent of the Duat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
11 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Actually Herodotus never claimed the Great Pyramid wasn't the tomb of Khufu. On the contrary, he mentions an underground chamber in which the king was buried. 

Of course Herodotus was wrong here. The Great Pyramid's subterranean chamber never contained a burial. Rather it likely had symbolic importance, with its rough unfinished state reminiscent of the Duat.

my understanding is that Herodotus never mentions that the pyramids were tombs. further more, Herodotus say's that Cheops and the others were buried underneath the giza plateau.

 http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32417238/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/cave-complex-may-lie-beneath-giza-pyramids/#.W0FJiUyB29Y

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

my understanding is that Herodotus never mentions that the pyramids were tombs. further more, Herodotus say's that Cheops and the others were buried underneath the giza plateau.

 http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32417238/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/cave-complex-may-lie-beneath-giza-pyramids/#.W0FJiUyB29Y

 

Interesting article. As it mentions, the caves likely have great archaeological potential. With that being said, it is clear from the presence of stone sarcopagi that the kings of the Fourth Dynasty were buried with in their pyramid complexes. 

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
2 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Interesting article. As it mentions, the caves likely have great archaeological potential. With that being said, it is clear from the presence of stone sarcopagi that the kings of the Fourth Dynasty were buried with their pyramid complexes. 

apart from the stone sarcophagus what other remains suggest that the pyramids were burial places?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.