Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained scratches on my body

Kjp7839

You could be scratching yourself and not even realize you’re doing it. I have a nervous habit of picking skin around my fingernails.  I don’t even realize I’m doing it until either my husband says something or my finger starts to hurt because I’ve picked too much. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kjp7839 said:

I shall let you know when I have been to the doctor :) 

Please do.  It's very rare that people who post similar requests come back, and .. we-e-ell ...... that sorta indicates they did get an answer, but didn't get the answer they might have wanted, if you get my drift...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Please do.  It's very rare that people who post similar requests come back, and .. we-e-ell ...... that sorta indicates they did get an answer, but didn't get the answer they might have wanted, if you get my drift...

I would be handy if they came back and told us, they could even help the future posters who will come on here with more "unexplained" scratches. ;)

But what are the chances? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi, the same thing happens to me, and it started back in 2014 or so, around the same time yours did. They appear out of nowhere at random times of day, and they fade within a few hours. No pain, only light sensitivity at times. Usually I don't even know when they appear unless I happen to look in the mirror and see them. They are 90% of the time on my back and 10% of the time on other areas. 

43 minutes ago, Kell110 said:

Hi, the same thing happens to me, and it started back in 2014 or so, around the same time yours did. They appear out of nowhere at random times of day, and they fade within a few hours. No pain, only light sensitivity at times. Usually I don't even know when they appear unless I happen to look in the mirror and see them. They are 90% of the time on my back and 10% of the time on other areas. 

Read post #15 of this thread. Might give you some insight/help.

It's hard to say.  Could be from you scratching yourself, could be from thorns, could be lots of things.  But it could also be alien abduction.  Do you have an unusual fear when you see a picture of an alien or a fear of extraterrestrials in general?  If so, alien abduction is a real possibility.  I can't say that's what caused these marks, as it could be explained in many other ways.  But aliens are a possibility that cannot be ruled out if you don't remember scratching yourself, walking through thorns, etc.  

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

But it could also be alien abduction. 

That seems the obvious conclusion.

15 hours ago, AtlantisRises said:

That seems the obvious conclusion.

It depends, but I wouldn't say it's the obvious conclusion, yet a possibility for sure.  If op has had contact before, as I have, I would be suspicious.  Hard to say on that alone though.  I've had unusual marks on myself before, bruises and scratches. And I had no idea how I got them.......

And just had an odd feeling that they were caused by an alien abduction. Because the aliens are able to erase your memory, which can make it hard to know when they take you.  Lots of people, probably millions, have been abducted and have no idea.  

You could have been abducted and not realize it for all you know.  It happens all the time, and it's so common that I can say with near certainty that somewhere in the world..... someone is getting abducted by aliens and lifted out of their room as I type this. 

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111

It sounds like, you might have a demon attached to you. If you ever did witch craft or sayonces or...even if you have had relatives that have done it....something could be attached to you because of it. Sometimes spiritual oppressions and such don't manifest right away...and when they do, its not always what we think or how. Sometimes it could be sickness and sometimes it could be a phyisical attack from something unseen. Anway I would tell you, you need to find a non denominational church..in your area, and ask them if they minister to people in regards to spiritual warfare and enplane your situation. Until you can get help...you can always pray and ask Jesus. Invite him into the situation. Because Jesus can reach things that people can't. I've leaned that over the years. 

Take Care,

God bless. 

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...

I’ve had the same thing happen to me. Last time I had a clairvoyant come out to the house and she said I was a psychic sponge, I had a spirit attached to me. Just this week I woke up in the morning to a burning sensation on my back I got my partner to check and sure enough 3 scratch marks again. Similar to the ones I had a year ago. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2018 at 8:09 AM, Kjp7839 said:

So not sure if anyone else has experienced this and can help me figure out what’s going on. So I have random scratches appear on my body. Now a lot of people just say “oh you probably do it yourself in your sleep” but this happens when I am awake and aren’t moving anywhere or doing anything. I will feel a strange burning sensation then all of a sudden the scratches will appear. At first they started being 3 scratches but now it’s sometimes more or less. I started getting them in about 2014/2015 without explanation then they stopped for about a year.  They recently started again from December until March when I had 3 close family members pass away. Now I haven’t had them for a few months then tonight I have been to my grandmas grave and all of a sudden tonight I have had about 5 scratches appear on my neck which just seems like a massive coincidence. I have tried scratching myself just to prove the point I’m not doing it myself and I cannot make them look like the ones I get. Sometimes they are pretty bad scratches yet 95% of the time they disappear within a few hours - which scratches don’t usually do. Does this happen to anybody else and is there anyone I can see about this ? Any comments appreciated. I Have attached a picture of what has appeared tonight. BCCE4FEF-EEAE-4387-A024-489EBA8ED1C8.thumb.jpeg.2554323c9e9b7af69b9987113306cc48.jpeg

Iam also experiencing this kind of scratches .  U still facing this problem are you consulted  doctor what doctor said iam eagerly  waiting  for u r reply

2 hours ago, Nagendra said:

Iam also experiencing this kind of scratches .  U still facing this problem are you consulted  doctor what doctor said iam eagerly  waiting  for u r reply

Hello, welcome to UM.

I doubt if you'll receive a reply. Kjp7839 hasn't been active on this site since July 6, 2018.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 8:39 PM, Kjp7839 said:

So not sure if anyone else has experienced this and can help me figure out what’s going on

Oops..never mind...:whistle:

Sure..I scratch easily myself so if my arm lightly scrapes against something I get scratches.

Even if I lightly scratch my own arm I often get welts or marks like yours; it doesn't happen all the time but some peoples skin is more sensitive. I read somewhere that scatching easily is a possible sign of an over-active immune response or something like that.

Heck I even got a scratch when there was tiny grain of sand in my bed and when I woke up I had scratch marks on my legs.

Nothing ookie-spookie..just mundane biological causes.

Edited by Bendy Demon

5 hours ago, Nagendra said:

Trim your finger nails. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nagendra said:

Why don't you go first? - tell us what your doctor/gp said.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you didn't do that in your first post.... The ones shown in that old post are almost certainly fingernail scratches - they even have the correct type of curves you will get from scratching there.

There are all sorts of mundane and boring reasons for this happening, from you brushing past a plant (to which you may have an allergy) earlier the previous day, or even a mild reaction to your clothes/bedclothes, laundry liquid or conditioner, etc, etc.

If it's 'bad' you should have spoken to doctor.  If it isn't that worrisome, start being a bit more careful and also change your laundering chemicals...

Also note that none of the complainants have returned to answer questions, which sorta indicates it was a once off thing, or they worked it out.

Or ... maybe it eventually took them out? (cue Twilight zone music..) 

On 7/5/2018 at 2:19 AM, Kjp7839 said:

No they are definitely scratches I have lots of other pictures you can see more clearly  but won’t let me post them.  They are on my neck on the picture.

Lit Photo ap works well to compress and resize photos.

• 1 month later...

I've been dealing with the same thing for 3 years I've been waking up with scratches on my body I'd even get them in the daytime while I was awake. I still do now. We recently got a dog 4 and a half weeks ago, he sleeps in my room. and he's always staring at a certain wall in my he whines and he tries to get as far away from the spot as he can, but the thing is his bed is over there by that same wall, and he always tries to jump into bed with me, but I don't let him because I'm still teaching him not to jump on my bed. This morning I woke up with a scar. It was a big long scabbed over scar that wasn't there when I went to bed or when I woke up in the middle of the night. I've never told anyone this other than my boyfriend. And two nights ago I started having horrible nightmares. Yesterday something was thrown across the room, it was a token from an arcade that was lying on my dresser across the room. It hit the wall really loud and scared of both me and my dog, I was on the phone with my boyfriend at the time telling him how I felt that I was really scared for no reason at all. He suggested sleep paralysis. But I know for a fact that it's not because I know what sleep paralysis is. I used to have it when I was younger but I don't have it anymore. And every time I feel the fear,I get the sensation that somebody is stabbing me in the chest or something or someone was trying to hurt me. I'm still going to continue to talk to my boyfriend about it we're still trying to figure it out but for now I guess I just have to keep my eyes open. Let's hope I don't die...

Edited by Haunted Girl