Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Facebook blocks Declaration of Independence !

Space Commander Travis

This is quite funny ...

Since June 24, the Liberty County Vindicator of Liberty County, Texas, has been sharing daily excerpts from the declaration in the run up to July Fourth. The idea was to encourage historical literacy among the Vindicator's readers.

The first nine such posts of the project went up without incident

“But part 10,” writes Vindicator managing editor Casey Stinnett, “did not appear. Instead, The Vindicator received a notice from Facebook saying that the post ‘goes against our standards on hate speech.’”

The post in question contained paragraphs 27 through 31 of the Declaration of Independence, the grievance section of the document wherein the put-upon colonists detail all the irreconcilable differences they have with King George III.

Stinnett says that he cannot be sure which exact grievance ran afoul of Facebook's policy, but he assumes that it's paragraph 31, which excoriates the King for inciting "domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages."

from here --> https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/03/facebook-algorithm-flags-removes-declara 

that's Al Gore Rhythms for you see. :unsure2: 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

It's a totally natural reaction by a Progressive censor.  These people detest the Constitution and what it stands for in the U.S.  General respect among Americans for that document and its role in our freedom stands in the way of the kinds of "change" they want to bring us.  They simply have been unable to make their case to enough of the voters to go about changing the nation according to the rules so they want to destroy the rules.  That their algorithm would shine the light on their hypocrisy is priceless :) 

• Like 2

It’s probably an automated alogorythm thst saw the words “Indians” and “Savages” and went “well that’s not on”, rather then some inherent distrust of the Declaration of Independance. 

• Like 2

Nevertheless, it gives an insight into the sort of world that is being increasingly imposed on us. 

1 hour ago, and then said:

It's a totally natural reaction by a Progressive censor.  These people detest the Constitution and what it stands for in the U.S.  General respect among Americans for that document and its role in our freedom stands in the way of the kinds of "change" they want to bring us.  They simply have been unable to make their case to enough of the voters to go about changing the nation according to the rules so they want to destroy the rules.  That their algorithm would shine the light on their hypocrisy is priceless :) 

Or it could be the algorithm picking up on 'Indian savages'. 

Still got enough tin foil? 

• Like 1

any other site i would give benefit of the doubt, but FB, no way, they are knows to silence anything conservative,and anything related to constitution, so i'm pretty convinced they did that on purpose.

if anyone doubts, remove those 2 words and re post it, result will be the same

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

It was an algorithum but it is also I feel it is wrong to censor anything historic. You can't censor history. The way people spoke I the way people spoke.

Schools have been known for trying to censor to kill a mockingbird and other books for its language

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aztek said:

any other site i would give benefit of the doubt, but FB, no way, they are knows to silence anything conservative,and anything related to constitution, so i'm pretty convinced they did that on purpose.

if anyone doubts, remove those 2 words and re post it, result will be the same

Riiiight.

It's not like they were pivotal on the fake news that tipped the election to Trump.

Oh wait. 

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Nevertheless, it gives an insight into the sort of world that is being increasingly imposed on us. 

OMG...what a horrible world.

Where no one can be calling anyone savages...on FB.

Still fine on their own time, but just not on FB. 

Did ya know...ya can't call them that here either. 

Edited by ChaosRose

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Meh... Americans are kinda weird. Remember the scare over Orson Well's "War of the Worlds" broadcast ? 

11 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Yes, lazy b******* just let computers do all thr work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Meh... Americans are kinda weird. Remember the scare over Orson Well's "War of the Worlds" broadcast ? 

You mean the things that didn’t reslly happen to the extent thst popular myths around it imply? 

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Riiiight.

It's not like they were pivotal on the fake news that tipped the election to Trump.

Oh wait. 

Lol are you seriously denying the fact that Facebook leans left?? Where someone can out right call for the extinction of white people with no repercussion, but I personally am banned posting a meme quoting Hitler, "to conquere a nation, first disarm it's citizens".

**** with that nonsense, let me guess, you think the MSM was completely neutral and want biased at all against Trump in the election too?