Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump 'angry baby' blimp will fly over London

Still Waters

3 minutes ago, and then said:

This is the one that disturbs me the most.

This is the one that bothers me.

Great Britain: Have a nice day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, bee said:

so do you think an insulting blimp of the King of Saudi Arabia would be allowed - free speech and all that... ?

or ----- as we are having such fun with it all........ what about one of Mohammed.... ?

or just to even things up a bit.....a funny one of the Pope or maybe one taking the p*** out of Jesus... 

:innocent:

Trump is neither a King or a messiah. 

How about one of Tony Blair or Margaret Thatcher. Both sound very British and are political equivalents of Donald Trump. Heck what about Teresa May?

While I am here I am going to post a general notice in regards to the childish He who shall not be named comments. All posters doing this are officially asked to stop spreading childish conspiracy nonsense about UM. It really is rediculous. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, keithisco said:

heck, it might be entirely funded by Russia.

Vladimir might be behind it just to let Donald know he is still on the leash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, and then said:

If it's done in some officially sanctioned manner, I'd agree.  No one is saying that these people should be sanctioned in any way for their project.  However, I think it's perfectly okay to state clearly that it is very rude to publicly attempt to humiliate a visiting head of state though, no?  It's just another example of the coarsening of our political discourse.  

Nope. 

It might be because I’m Australian and we have stunningly little respect for leaders but if he can’t hack being told he looks like he’s got a chicken on his head, or that his Tweets make him sound like a petulant child he doesn’t deserve to be a leader. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Kismit said:

How about one of Tony Blair or Margaret Thatcher. Both sound very British and are political equivalents of Donald Trump. Heck what about Teresa May?

While I am here I am going to post a general notice in regards to the childish He who shall not be named comments. All posters doing this are officially asked to stop spreading childish conspiracy nonsense about UM. It really is rediculous. 

Look up Spitting Image sometime and see how they portrayed Maggie Thatcher and Tony Blair. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Look up Spitting Image sometime and see how they portrayed Maggie Thatcher and Tony Blair. 

I was fairly sure those two references would have some equivalent effigies.  After all the British and the colonies are quite adept at taking the Mick out of politicians 

• Like 2

Ahhh.. England.. home of Monty Python.. Home of the Common Wealth.. and

Pink Floyd

went to see this concert in melb when it toured..

great show.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

This is the one that bothers me.

Great Britain: Have a nice day!

And of course there is 

Australia : Toughen up Princess 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

oh then you had the aussie one taking the p!ss out of out aussie pollies.. then also 'How green is my Cactus' on the radio

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, and then said:

This is the one that disturbs me the most.

Does it mean the Queen (is it Queen currently, hang on ... Oh,it's King.)  Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands. I expect it's probably one of those quaint old relics from the 17th century. I wonder when it was last enforced?

6 hours ago, Kismit said:

Oh, it's traditional to have (and in fact burn, though I think these are way too good to burn) effigies of topical political figures at Guy Fawkes parades, like it is of the Pope (well, a generic Pope, another of those quaint customs dating back to the 17th century.) This is a particularly famous one ..  Lewes Bonfire

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Images removed due to copyright

People have been making fun of political leaders for decades, especially in the UK and Eire. The rest of the EU is that same but lacks the wit and humour.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Does it mean the Queen (is it Queen currently, hang on ... Oh,it's King.)  Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands. I expect it's probably one of those quaint old relics from the 17th century. I wonder when it was last enforced?

It shouldn't matter,as a modern Western country, the people of the Netherlands should be free to speak their minds short of lying on others.  Ask Geert how it works...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Nope. 

It might be because I’m Australian and we have stunningly little respect for leaders but if he can’t hack being told he looks like he’s got a chicken on his head, or that his Tweets make him sound like a petulant child he doesn’t deserve to be a leader. 

Duly noted.  That isn't my point.  I didn't say it was wrong to protest.  I said it was RUDE to do so to a visiting head of state on an official visit.  What about manners and civility?  Do they still value those in OZ?  I suspect they do for people not named Trump.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, and then said:

Duly noted.  That isn't my point.  I didn't say it was wrong to protest.  I said it was RUDE to do so to a visiting head of state on an official visit.  What about manners and civility?  Do they still value those in OZ?  I suspect they do for people not named Trump.

Matey, our ex-PM was on the hustings seeking re-election and got called a “d*******” by some average bloke on the street. Furthermore, this is a country where the word “c....” is a term of indearment and “f...” used as an everyday adjective.

You want us to show respect? Act in a way that deserves respect. It’s earnt not automatically given just because you have a pretty title. 

So yeah, we value manners and civility, but we reserve them for people who we respect. And mums. No one ****s around with mums.

now all that said, if you stop someone from doing their job, you’re a grub (c.f. Biggest damn insult in this country). But if you walk past and call them a d*******? Nah. That’s fine.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, and then said:

If it's done in some officially sanctioned manner, I'd agree.  No one is saying that these people should be sanctioned in any way for their project.  However, I think it's perfectly okay to state clearly that it is very rude to publicly attempt to humiliate a visiting head of state though, no?  It's just another example of the coarsening of our political discourse.  

Yes it is rather crass and childish. But re. the bold, people in this very thread are saying they shouldn't be allowed to protest in this way so don't deny it. 

23 minutes ago, and then said:

heh.. Us aussies are a bit out spoken at times.. if your being a ass we will call you an ass.. doesnt matter if your a street sweeper.. president or queen of england..

Pretty much every single president of the USA that has come to australia (starting with LBJ he was the first) there were protests against their visit.. even Obama had protests here during his visit.

same for the Royals.. 

also for our own heads of state.. 

even think a couple of Pope's had to put up with them as well.. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Setton said:

Yes it is rather crass and childish. But re. the bold, people in this very thread are saying they shouldn't be allowed to protest in this way so don't deny it. 

People in this country are allowed to protest non violently and that is a very good thing - and long may it continue....

but let's not pretend that this kind of Huge Expensive Blimp protest would be given the go ahead for many (any?)  other
Heads of State...on an official visit...

But as the demonizing of Trump is a full time job for loads of people and the MSM...... it's pandering to a student type protest
that will give a photo opportunity for all the Trump Hating and colluding Media Barons.... that want to drive a wedge between
the UK and US until the authoritarian political elite are back in full control....  

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

But if you walk past and call them a d*******?

drongo?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bee said:

Huge Expensive Blimp protest

A plastic inflatable, 6 metres high, and altitude of no more than 30 m? It's the kind of thing you might win at your local carnival. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

A plastic inflatable, 6 metres high, and altitude of no more than 30 m? It's the kind of thing you might win at your local carnival. 

yikes - that's some local carnival you've got going on in your neck of the woods... :o

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

aaaaanyway.... the Blimp thing (if it actually goes ahead on the day) will be the least of the problems for the police and security services..

the Trump Hate Machine has wound so many gullible people up to fever pitch --- that there is a risk of many protesters loosing their
minds as they go onto the streets to protest in a normal fashion.... ie banners and chanting and whatnot... gawd knows what might
happen especially as the Antifa Lot will want a piece of the action...  

• Like 4

Actually Huge Expensive Blimp is a very good description of the Big Fellow, isn't it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Actually Huge Expensive Blimp is a very good description of the Big Fellow, isn't it.

He's not that huge... in fact for someone in his 70s he is in remarkably good nick....  he seems to be getting younger not older...

Must be thriving on the winning and the challenges :D - he probably won't be bothered at all about the Blimp Thingy - 

• Like 3